It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Be gay all you want, just hush up about it!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Yes, but how you asked was saying the person getting called a derogatory name gets upset, while that person who is upset can call someone a homophobe without anything happening.

But, as you said yourself, you don't care what you get called, I don't care what I get called, a lot of people don't care.

It's hypercritical, yes, but it's the same for both sides calling.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Fortunately, since we have freedom of speech, no one has to be silent about anything purely on the basis that someone else doesn't like it. That goes for the LGBT community, those critical of homosexuality and other orientations, and everyone else in the country, unless harm is being done somehow (and even then, only if that harm can be proved beyond a shadow of a doubt.)

I have long since given up debating the issues or even offering my opinion generally for that matter. There will always be people who will not or cannot accept homosexuality or discussion thereof. There will always be homosexual people who want to make their voices heard and will strive for what they (in my opinion rightly so) feel are their inalienable rights as human beings. There is nothing either "side" can do about the existence of the other.

So I just say, everyone believe what you want to believe, be who and what you are, and do what you want - including standing up for and striving for what you believe should be your inalienable rights - provided you are not hurting anyone else. That goes for everyone on both "sides," and that is the be-all end-all of the issue for me. I have no need or inclination to say anything beyond that anymore.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Be real if the word homophobe insults you mabye its becuase their is truth behind it. Dont get mad because people are seeing your hate for what it is hate. Do you believe in a higher power? If so is this higher power not one of LOVE and COMPASSION and yet here you sit judging others based on them expressing their LOVE.

link   
the gay bashing on this site is getting realy bad!!

ive scanned through the latest threds and skimmed over the responses and if somebody has commented on what im about to say then im sorry but here goes..............................

replace the word "gay, homosexual" in everybodys responses with any one of these words and you become a bigot,racist!!!.......................JEW,HISPANIC,BLACK,AISAIN, DISABLED PERSON, or any other word used to describe somebody

its disgusting, it realy is, the OP asks in this thred, "be gay all you want , just hush up about it!"

well here goes:

"be jew all you want, just hush up about it!"
be black all you want , just hush up about it!
be hispanic all you want, just hush up about it
be japanese all you want, just hush up about it!
be a physicaly disabled person all you want , just hush up about it!
ect.
ect.
ect.

ok, now you see how disgusting it sounds??

im sure gay people have been repressed (and still are!) since before time, now its becomming more acceptable and gay people are now comming out and are proud about who they are

so please, think about what you are saying before you say it

be safe people

link   
reply to post by voidla

Total agreement, anyone that resorts to namecalling makes themselves looks less intelligent in my book. If my post came across like I was saying calling gay people names was ok, but calling someone a homophobe is not, that was not my intention

link   
I find it extremely sickening how many stars OP has gotten for this thread. Straight people are open about their mates. My straight co-workers are always talking about their wives and girlfriends, boyfriends and husbands. What I don't hear a lot of is "my wifes vagina....", "my boyfriends penis" etc. That is private and I agree that nobody should talk about that openly. But openly talking about mates, friends, and family is completely natural and you're a liar if you say you don't talk about your family, friends, and partner outside of home.

Anyone agreeing with OP, I dare you to name one instance where someone of the same sex tried to force you to be homosexual. I cannot think of one time where a man has tried to force me to be gay, however I can think of one time where I tried hitting on girl I knew was a lesbian. Using your train of thought, I am uncivilized and narcissistic.
edit on 23-3-2011 by STL0913 because: who cares

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ag893
I'm sick of the homosexual communtiy and the people who think homosexuals are "persecuted". Please.

I'm sick of women because they are the main ones always thinking homosexuals are helpless and innocent and crying intolerance and bigotry towards real men because apparently gays can't fight for themselves.

Yes, homosexuals aren't treated any differently or looked down on.. they should stop their crying because homosexuals aren't "real men" anyway as you've put it.

I don't even know how to begin to point out the ridiculousness of what you've said so I'm not even going to bother. You should take note though that there are plenty of gay people you don't see, in fact the majority of them aren't in your faces or wearing flamboyant outfits in parades.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by STL0913

Very very good point. I brought that up several times and they can never answer it. They will just dance around it. If its not ok to be openly gay then why is it ok to be openly heterosexual?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by AmerikanDekline

It doesn't insult me, it doesn't apply to me in any way. But it is a word that is wielded around as a weapon to shut up anyone that has any opposition to anything gay at all. It is meant as an insult, and is thrown up the same way anyone that ever criticizes isreal is called an antisemite. It is a word that is meant to shame and silence opinions of opposition.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deebo
reply to post by Helious

Good luck on here with this topic.. I was in chat and simply said " a rectum is made for expelling waste" and got banned. ATS is pro gay just like our media, schools and government. It will always be flaunted here, because it is "cool" this day in age.

Deebo

No, ATS is pro morality and equality, and their motto is "Deny Ignorance", which is clearly something you don't consider important.

Oh, and a mouth is made for eating and communicating. I'll gladly write a list of the things that I DEMAND you NEVER do with your mouth ever again. Then I'll try to get that passed into law so that no other citizen can do any of those things with their mouths either.

What? You don't think it would be fair for me to make demands about what others can do with their mouths? Okay, how about I just start a campaign, and try to convince society to make it unacceptable for you alone to do any of those things?
I could start groups and infiltrate education and government to block peoples freedoms to do what they want with their own mouths. I could write articles and preach on the street.

You see where I'm going with this?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

There are plenty of people that get bothered by flamboyant open heteros too, you know like the guys that can't help but comment on every rack and ass he sees in a loud and rude manner. That does annoy a lot of us as well, as does making out and groping in public

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

No sorry it wasn't!

It just sounded like only people getting called names get mad while they are fine calling people homophobes!

But, we know what we meant, so all gravy

edit on 23-3-2011 by voidla because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by TKDRL

OK. You still have not addressed several questions that continue to be ask. Why is it ok to be openly heterosexual and yet not openly gay? Are you saying gay people dont have the God given right to express their love? And why would a God of compassion and love want Gay people to suffer and not be able to express themselves? Is the answer just because their gay because that just seems silly does it not?
edit on 23-3-2011 by AmerikanDekline because: (no reason given)

Ha ok well at least you like some others admit it is not ok to be open about one and not the other. I am not attacking you i am just trying to understand why you think its wrong. My best friend is gay ive known him my whole life and i have nothing but love for him. Just dont get it.
edit on 23-3-2011 by AmerikanDekline because: saw your post

link   
reply to post by Helious

Helious

Its great and refreshing to see from time to time the OP like Yours

Maybe still not all is lost

Star and Flag

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious it has no place in your every day life when it pertains to things like..... Jobs.

except when a gay guy hits on you,
im not sexist or a "homophobe" and i dont give a rats arse whether your gay or not.
edit on 23-3-2011 by 1beerplease because: :LOL:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

The only time I am bothered by gay people, is when they are making out in front of me, or hitting on me, after I make it clear I don't swing that way. Otherwise I got no beef, most are very respectful of other people, problem is the really "open" gay people are the only ones that gay people haters will notice. So they generally think that is how a majority act, when it's not the case at all.
edit on Wed, 23 Mar 2011 12:11:31 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Very well spoken my friend. You apparently unlike many others in this thread have common sense. At least you admit it is wrong on both spectrums to be way out in the open in front of others with your affection. I applaud you.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I personally find it very cringe-worthy when homosexuality has started dominating the media, with tabloids and TV shows are now publicly making a song and dance of homosexuality.

You pro-gay bigots are all too quick to attack the heterosexuals because you think you are all discriminated against, but the sad, sad truth is... You gays have more rights than straight people. You can have people's lives ruined by pointing the 'hate-crime' card.

You have obviously got what you want, equality and such (fair enough) - but that's not good enough is it?

No longer do you keep it private (like any couple should), but you now have gay pride festivals, tv shows with open-homosexuality and magazines, you have role-models, tv icons and other people all climbing out of the wood-work, to see who can out-gay the other.

Not only that, but it's becoming public, affecting our youth and ruining decent websites.

Our children should not have to see public displays of homosexuality, please keep it to your homes. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

i read your comment fully, now skim back on this thred and read my post...................... replace the words "gay" and "homosexual" in YOUR post with any other word used on my post to decribe somebody

now look how you sound!!!

enough said!!

be safe people

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I agree, except when its heterosexual couple making out in the middle of a street, it's kinda annoying. Then again I don't stand and stare so I don't care

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join