It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BOB critical thinking……

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
What would the typical tsunami stricken Japanese person find useful in YOUR bug out bag? The BOB you currently have!!!!!!

If your BOB doesn’t have anything (or very much) that would be useful to the typical tsunami survivor, then I think it is high time to reprioritize the selection of stuff in your bag.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
In my bag the first aid stuff would probably be the most useful to them, followed by the plastic bags and 550 cord because you can use it for all kinds of things. One thing my bag lacks is anything to deal with radiological incidents, mostly because if I ever encounter those its because a nuke was lobbed towards my area (and judging by the facilities I wouldn't survive the blast).

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
My BOB would be a lifesaver in Japan. I have 16 days of emergency food rations, 200 ft of 550 paracord, a nukalert detector, and a few other useful things like flint, rifle, ammo, ect

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
We should try to keep this to one thread, to avoid confusion www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

The two threads don’t have the same intent.

The whole point of my thread is to contemplate the actual usability of a BOB in a real world situation, that was stocked out with a “Cs” “Fs” or what ever list, such as the one in the thread you linked to. That thread is another one of those “see if you have everything in the list” threads. It doesn’t actually ask if that stuff will be usable in a real world example.

I am just trying to pin down a person’s thought train to think about what they would find usable in their pack, if they was over there, in that situation. There is a chance that it may make someone rethink the priority of certain item’s

Something to make people rethink the wisdom of taking a precompiled list at face value.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
starred and flagged... i just started my bug out bag last night after the seeming influx of BOB posts. the items useful in my bag would probably be ibuprofen, TP, warm clothes, and water... it's a very amateur bag so far but i'm working on a budget of $0 (things i already have around the house only)

i'm also hoping a thread will pop up around here sometime on how to make a BOB with stuff that is commonly found in homes already.
edit on 3/22/11 by totalmetal because: added last line

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
if i was in the tsunami in japan, i would have everything i needed all mixed together. unlimited canned foods floating around, firewood and building supplies, pots,pans,cooking utensils......everything...no worries

i can boil ocean water and collect the steam for fresh drinking water

new topics

top topics

join