It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the world's largest super-volcano set to erupt for the first time in 600,000 years, wiping out t

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by kid_cudi

Hi.

If you are worried about yellowstone caldera or any other supervolcano check the links

hisz.rsoe.hu...

If you scroll down the page has the recent seismic activity on the area.Yellowstone seems pretty quiet,at least for now.

hisz.rsoe.hu...

Under the alert map there are different sections on recent events.There is one called "Supervolcanoes Monitoring System".

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Agreed! That's another -2 intelligent points. Damn!!
edit on 22-3-2011 by TheRealTruth84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by heineken

You may be right. I found reports of this same sound with flashes, which was 1811 when New Madrid was destroyed by the new madrid fault line. When I read what you had posted I looked up the year and I did find this.

www.wral.com...

It's about the volcanic eruption of 1811 in North Carolina.
There could be a connection there. Check it out.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Was very interested in your post,until that is i saw the source,the daily mail in the uk is akin to national enquirer in america,they tend to make things up to fill pages,i have no doubt that yellowstone will go one day,but take everything u read in the daily mail with vast quantities of salt

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by heineken
friends...

I tried hard to find anything..anything..that in this world makes the rumbling noise which sounds like Jet Engine and couldnt find anything..

that rumbling noise can be only done by 2 things

1) A Jet Engine

2) A Volcano coming back to life

@ 4:09 you can hear the testimony which describes exactly what is going on now with the noise

rumbling noise

since i am very bad with English..is there anybody willing to send an email to USGS and someone and make them aware of the situation?

Probably about the only decent contribution to this thread, starred!
Ive listened several times and they sound very similar, which is quite worrying

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

You are supposed to separate your statements from those of the article (like I just did). Otherwise it is considered plagiarism.

edit on 3/22/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

If that was the case plagiarism would be rampant on here. I don't understand why people pick other people apart. Who cares? Go to Facebook if you want to post personal disses. I do believe that we don't know enough about Yellowstone and we do need to watch it carefully. Others on here, much older members, have posted fear mongering threads about Yellowstone and I don't see any of the "old boys" picking them apart. Stars for you OP for keeping this fresh in our minds. I don't mind reading whole articles to find information.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Ive been monitoring this beast for years now, but it seems to be calming down, but if we get a major quake on the west coast that mother is gonna take us all with it. I personally look forward to seeing it, it will be a great spectical to witness before death, if it grants me death. Im on the very east of the USA and know we will get ash. Is there anywhere that will be safe from this monster?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by kid_cudi

Originally posted by nonnez

I think you just have a friend there. He, according to your post, follows you around. Good for you! Anyhow, Yellowstone eruption . . . I believe it is very possible . . . and very soon, relatively speaking.

It is a very real scenario and reality and it might actually happen very soon! History repeats itself! The worlds gets destroyed and then recovers and them destroyed again!

You do have a tendancy to get on ATS and talk about nothing you know about....Yellowstone has been active forever. Have you ever seen Old Faithful

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
The linked story is really pathetic (nothing against the OP, could be mistake).... Even if date is current, nothing new.

Same story posted couple of months ago, and nothing to be worried about. The rates has dramatically subdued since 2004.

Even more pathetic, Yellowstone is not the largest supervolcano in the world, it is the Toba Volcano in Indonesia if I'm not mistaken. If the world is only USA, then that maybe correct since USA has at least two supervolcanoes.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by wakeup2change
reply to post by heineken

You may be right. I found reports of this same sound with flashes, which was 1811 when New Madrid was destroyed by the new madrid fault line. When I read what you had posted I looked up the year and I did find this.

www.wral.com...

It's about the volcanic eruption of 1811 in North Carolina.
There could be a connection there. Check it out.

pasadena.wr.usgs.gov...
more on the NC 'volcano', apparently some seismic activity but not an actual eruption.
I wonder how many 'sleeper faults' there are in North America? next quake might come someplace unexpected.
good thread.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by kid_cudi
It is a very real scenario and reality and it might actually happen very soon! History repeats itself! The worlds gets destroyed and then recovers and them destroyed again!

I've noticed you use multiple exclamation marks in all your posts. This tells me you're a sensationalist by nature, and your thread proves it.

The fact is: there's no evidence Yellowstone is going to erupt any time soon. Phage killed that idea on the first page by posting graphs of the slowing activity at the site.

Don't worry - if Yellowstone starts to "hulk up", you'll know about it. But it might not be for 100,000 years yet.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

There you go, talking more sense!!!

There are days when ATS is little more than links and lines that say the equivalent of "fire is hot!".

Thanks again for pointing out that this Yellowstone behavior is old news and with a HUGE thread with over 200 pages, I think it's been covered.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by myroflcopterbroke
Wiping out 2/3 of America?? That's got to be the best news for this planet in 100 years.... Honestly, does anyone but Americans really care if America got wiped out of the world? doubt it..

First off.. I am curious where you are from? Could you enlighten me so I can see why you have such a hatred. Are you watching MTV.. You know that is all a little fake right? Second.. they have only been monitoring this thing for 90 years. They do not know what Yellowstone has done in the last 1000 years. It might have done things much worse and not exploded. This things only goes off once every 600,000 years. Minus the 2012 hype I do not even see a story. You got some people who sit around and monitor this thing for a living and they see a blip and of course they are going to get excited about it and report it. Of course the news is going to report it and make it sound like something is gonna happen so they can sell ads and make money. But the guy even says he is not worried about it since it is 10 km down.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
You must be an expert on volcanoes,all that text straight off the top of your head.Are you worried?
edit on 22-3-2011 by 12voltz because: i feel stupider after reading about your No Moon thread
Yeah you big bully.

Why Why Why do you trash the thread?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

For your sanity & mine, it's best to stay away from the daily fail.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
i hope im not alive to see this thappen

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join