It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the world's largest super-volcano set to erupt for the first time in 600,000 years, wiping out t

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I want to stand right on top of it when it blows in about 2 to 3 weeks!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
We saw how the earthquake in Japan immediately triggered volcano eruptions. If the Big One hits in California soon, it could be what pushes Yellowstone over the edge...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Umm please use the search button before posting. There already was a thread about this article.

Not bashing, just trying to prevent repetitive threads. Every time I see an article on yellowstone I get wet only to be deflated once I see the same old stuff.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by kid_cudi

Originally posted by Sailor Sam
reply to post by kid_cudi

You the same man who "lost" the moon a while ago?

Yup that's me so feel free to bash me since everyone else is

Just because people do not believe your theory and ask you counter questions doesnt mean they are bashing you. You will have to become a bit stronger and just keep posting your responses. Dont get mad, get even. Do not take things too personally on the internet. Its just a medium and a good/bad information repository that you can browse and interract and ask questions about its validity. Also ensure that your posts reflect something more meaningful rather than simple cut and paste and links of information that others can read too. You need to type your opinion along with your proof of theory or concept.
edit on 23-3-2011 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by kid_cudi
I want to stand right on top of it when it blows in about 2 to 3 weeks!

Stop being silly.

How old are you if I may ask?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by demoncleaner
I get wet only to be deflated once I see the same old stuff.

hahaha...you mean you erupt and then deflate? after seeing your gf/wife?

I know what you mean. Some of the threads are repeating in so many ways. Not sure how ATS can control that but it would be nice to avoid repeating threads since I'm sick of typing same stuff in multiple threads too.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
phage walks in, struts his stuff and BAM!! THREAD PWND!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I hope it blows, and kills 95 Percent of Humanity. The advent of penicillin sure has created alot of dead wood in the Human species that needs burning. The retardation of Humanity today is self evident, and needs addressing from good ole mother nature. Would you agree? Probably not. And that is not a good sign for you... Let me find my matches.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by myroflcopterbroke
Wiping out 2/3 of America?? That's got to be the best news for this planet in 100 years.... Honestly, does anyone but Americans really care if America got wiped out of the world? doubt it..

Spoken like a true university student in "nobodycareswhereyouare" Europe.

You'd care if the U.S. was gone... just ask your boys in Germany as they pulled out of Nato. Or Putin as he put his boot 6" into your other cavity.

Or maybe Mr. China is a good friend of yours?

#smh

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
This yellowstone info is kinda old hat

and after reading threw Kid Cudi's 8 page(@ the time) "Where is the Moon?" thread

come on dood

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Really front page? this and your moon thread? hmm...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Nobama

Don't forget the bully thread.

This is a horrible week for ATS.

Maybe the OP can post some old videos of pyramids and suggest that they were created by aliens?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by idunno12

Originally posted by ProfATS
But the guy even says he is not worried about it since it is 10 km down.

Why is he not worried about it because it is 10km down?

I keep seeing this line quoted by people, but no one gives any explanation as to why. Its just taken at face value. I am trying to understand why this is less cause for concern than something not as deep.

I am sure this is all explained in the 600+ page existing yellowstone thread, so I will go there and try to learn about it.

Sorry if you got an answer already this thread is tedious... The magma chamber is under pressure; if the container ( rock ) is thinner( magma shallower) it has a chance of cracking and rupturing releasing all that pressure.( "erupting").

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by gncnew

Originally posted by myroflcopterbroke
Wiping out 2/3 of America?? That's got to be the best news for this planet in 100 years.... Honestly, does anyone but Americans really care if America got wiped out of the world? doubt it..

Spoken like a true university student in "nobodycareswhereyouare" Europe.

You'd care if the U.S. was gone... just ask your boys in Germany as they pulled out of Nato. Or Putin as he put his boot 6" into your other cavity.

Or maybe Mr. China is a good friend of yours?

#smh

There's no responding to the "hate America" crowd.. Universities are rife with it. . and now those students of activist professors are grown and salted through out our government. like metastatic cancer.

Have we done good AND bad in the world ?Yes. Can I control or take credit for either? Not realistically; even though we all"vote".
As for Europe: we left long ago; Personally I think we should pack up all our toys bring EVERYBODY back within the continental U.S. and tell the haters to kiss our red white and blue "bums" ( perhaps leaving only the embassies) no foreign aid ;no bases. No special treaties( i.e,. nato nafta kyoto)

So long and thanks for all the fish...
Personally; I am slowly pulling a john Galt and disengaging from this corrupt society....

edit on 23-3-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by spoonbender
and after reading threw Kid Cudi's 8 page(@ the time) "Where is the Moon?" thread

come on dood

I know what you mean

2nd line.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by WickettheRabbit
reply to post by Nobama

Don't forget the bully thread.
This is a horrible week for ATS.
Maybe the OP can post some old videos of pyramids and suggest that they were created by aliens?

I wonder how old most of the ATS members are now that we officially have a BULLY thread

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Well if Yellowstone is about to blow there is only one thing left to do. Pack up the fishing and camping gear and get one last week in what I consider one of the most beautiful places in the U.S.

Anyone want to join me, I have a drift boat.

Hopefully she waits until end of June so I can hit the stone fly hatch.

Besides OP, I think a Yellowstone eruption is one of those tuck your head between your legs type situations. Nothing anyone could do to stop it, so don't worry yourself.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by heineken

originally posted by heineken

posted on 22-3-2011 @ 04:15 AM this post friends...

I tried hard to find anything..anything..that in this world makes the rumbling noise which sounds like Jet Engine and couldnt find anything..

that rumbling noise can be only done by 2 things

1) A Jet Engine

2) A Volcano coming back to life

@ 4:09 you can hear the testimony which describes exactly what is going on now with the noise

In regards to the two videos.
Wow! Indeed it does sound the same.
This is some scary stuff. possibly someone has a good detailed map of all the volcanoes.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

and whats the betting that when the day yellowstone errupts has been and gone...a bunch of stuck up tards start pointing fingers and blaming people for it...like its somebodys fault it errupted or somebodys fault that more people werent saved...or that an exact errupt date wasnt given...or better precautions werent taken...

as if anyone could possibly know the exact date...or how to protect from it...even with all the data in the world.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silicis n Volvo

and whats the betting that when the day yellowstone errupts has been and gone...a bunch of stuck up tards start pointing fingers and blaming people for it...like its somebodys fault it errupted or somebodys fault that more people werent saved...or that an exact errupt date wasnt given...or better precautions werent taken...

as if anyone could possibly know the exact date...or how to protect from it...even with all the data in the world.

We have no way to prepare except evacuate. We don't know the time or the date. If it erupts then it erupts. Nothing we can do about it. The world will run it's course and history repeats itself. Let earth do it's thing and suck it up and deal with it. If we were able to save people and had a plan In action don't you think most of the volcanoes would have done less damage to societies humans?

Earth will destroy itself and then redevelop and then destroy itself again as I said before. You can't stop what the world does to you and us so people should stop trying!

People live and [explicit] happens and then you die!

It is still interesting to know about this type of stuff though!
edit on 23-3-2011 by kid_cudi because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join