It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The sunken Continent of the Tamil

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Whats so funny about it? I showed you a place where you can find some information. If you dont want to know then why care arguing here?? If you want to know you go search for it, Dont expect some will give it to you.

Formation of India - whats about it?? Dont tell me to accept whats been shown in the picture is completely true..
Do you believe that India moved from Africa to Asia in the exact shape as it is now??? and along with Sri lanka ??
Dude.. give me a break... Please tell me how many million years ago continental drift happened and please dont tell me that Indian land mass stayed exactly the way it did as it drifted from Africa.

Just to remind you, we are talking about sunken land mass. Again I am not guy whos completely inclined towards ancient scripts. All am doing is finding out the possibilities around it and wondering if it could be true.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
I haven't really read all that much about Tamil before. It sounds like a very cool and interesting place. Those buildings are amazing! How did they make those?!

Instructions for their building are said to have been received from various deities.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/765125cbb7c0.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/98fa05bb5bb5.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Another astounding contribution. Thank you.

...Will try to do a bit of research but can't promise anything.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_spark
reply to post by hp1229

Whats so funny about it? I showed you a place where you can find some information. If you dont want to know then why care arguing here?? If you want to know you go search for it, Dont expect some will give it to you.
ooooh my my..touchy aernt we?
You posted few things so I asked for clarification. Why did I commit the crime ?
I thought since you were advocating the findings, I felt you knew a lot more about it. Stupid me
...if you dont like to discuss or like counter questions then do not respond

Dont tell me to accept whats been shown in the picture is completely true..
Do you believe that India moved from Africa to Asia in the exact shape as it is now??? and along with Sri lanka ??
Dude.. give me a break... Please tell me how many million years ago continental drift happened and please dont tell me that Indian land mass stayed exactly the way it did as it drifted from Africa.
I had posted "Yet another link if you believe in the plate tectonics and earthquakes. It is a theory on the formation of India and not Tamilnadu.. In other words IF YOU BELIEVE IN IT
get it ?
I am not asking to believe or accept it. True it is flawed pic illustrated for the Srilankan portion. I am throwing it out there to contradict your theory. I did not create the image nor did I believe the image. I am telling you what I've saw and didn't just accept. This is to go back to the original point that I had made
You cannot trust everything you see or read on the net or in the books

Answer to your question. Once again (IF YOU BELIEVE IN IT). PANGEA

PANGEA

Just to remind you, we are talking about sunken land mass. Again I am not guy whos completely inclined towards ancient scripts. All am doing is finding out the possibilities around it and wondering if it could be true.
Diddo here too. But at times you do seem to be inclined a lot towards what you've been taught on page 3
so I decided to post few questions for you.

edit on 22-3-2011 by hp1229 because: edit content

edit on 22-3-2011 by hp1229 because: edit content

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229
reply to post by Shadow Herder

If you believe in the work on the below link then the Deepest portion is still too deep to have housed a civilization

Around 15,000 b.c the sea level was 120 meters lower than it is today with another 3 meters being contributed by lake Agazzi run off aroun 7000 b.c. I dont know where you got 5kms

There is no doubt many civilizations were lost during those floods and tsunamis but unlike today their buildings were made of wood, twigs, earth, mud and other light structures. There would not be much left to see 10000 years later.
edit on 22-3-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

I haven't really read all that much about Tamil before. It sounds like a very cool and interesting place. Those buildings are amazing! How did they make those?!

Instructions for their building are said to have been received from various deities.

Whats beautiful is that the Mayans and these people were building these magnificent structures up until not too long ago. They seem to prove that we were once a global culture and something quite drastic occurred to have our continents forget each other. Almost every continent has pyramidal structures that are quite similar the differences being compared to skyscrapers from Asia to the u.s.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

"Moreoever how are the ancients immortal? Were they not Human? Were they superhuman or aliens? Just curious as it once again dives back into mythology."

The Christian bible says that humans in the old testament lived several hundred years. Perhaps back then the planet was more amenable to longer fife spans...

Noahs grand father

Ge:5:21: And Enoch lived sixty and five years, and begat Methuselah:

Ge:5:22: And Enoch walked with God after he begat Methuselah three hundred years, and begat sons and daughters:

Ge:5:25: And Methuselah lived an hundred eighty and seven years, and begat Lamech:

Ge:5:26: And Methuselah lived after he begat Lamech seven hundred eighty and two years, and begat sons and daughters:

Ge:5:27: And all the days of Methuselah were nine hundred sixty and nine years: and he died.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

"Moreoever how are the ancients immortal? Were they not Human? Were they superhuman or aliens? Just curious as it once again dives back into mythology."

The Christian bible says that humans in the old testament lived several hundred years. Perhaps back then the planet was more amenable to longer fife spans...

Noahs grand father

Ge:5:22: And Enoch walked with God after he begat Methuselah three hundred years, and begat sons and daughters:

Ge:5:25: And Methuselah lived an hundred eighty and seven years, and begat Lamech:

Ge:5:26: And Methuselah lived after he begat Lamech seven hundred eighty and two years, and begat sons and daughters:

Ge:5:27: And all the days of Methuselah were nine hundred sixty and nine years: and he died.

edit on 22-3-2011 by summerbreeze.ddp because: posted twice by acciden--my bad!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder

Originally posted by hp1229
reply to post by Shadow Herder

If you believe in the work on the below link then the Deepest portion is still too deep to have housed a civilization

I dont know where you got 5kms
Well the image that I had posted the link for ranges all the way from 200M to 5000M. 1000M = 1 Kilometer.

The deepest portion in the entire area in question with the submerged continent is 5000M = 5 KM.
edit on 22-3-2011 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

5 kms or 5000 meters is the sea floor and it has been millions and millions of years since it has seen daylight. Can you relink the image in question where you state or someone stated that a civilization could rest at that depth?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by summerbreeze.ddp
reply to post by hp1229

Noahs grand father

edit on 22-3-2011 by summerbreeze.ddp because: posted twice by acciden--my bad!

That still does not make them immortal or live 10000 years or so (even if we believe humans were able to live for few hundred years like some tortoise breed with a very very slow metabolism).

Here is a interesting link on the average age of humans as per the Hindu Philosophy page by Wikipedia.
YUGA

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

From the link you sent me:

The ages see a gradual decline of dharma, wisdom, knowledge, intellectual capability, life span, emotional and physical strength.

* Satya Yuga:- Virtue reigns supreme. Human stature was 21 cubits. Average human lifespan was 400 years.
* Treta Yuga: - There was 3 quarter virtue & 1 quarter sin. Normal human stature was 14 cubits. Average human lifespan was 300 years.
* Dwapar Yuga: - There was 1 half virtue & 1 half sin. Normal human stature was 7 cubits. Average human lifespan was 200 years.
* Kali Yuga: - There was 1 quarter virtue & 3 quarter sin. Normal human stature was 3.5 cubits. Average human lifespan will be 100 years.

Not outside the realm of possibility. And what are humans living too right now? The numbers of centenarians is growing every day. Seems pretty much on point to me.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Whats beautiful is that the Mayans and these people were building these magnificent structures up until not too long ago. They seem to prove that we were once a global culture and something quite drastic occurred to have our continents forget each other. Almost every continent has pyramidal structures that are quite similar the differences being compared to skyscrapers from Asia to the u.s.

What is interesting is that my 5 year old instinctively builds pyramid structures with his Legos. I guess I did the same thing with my Lincoln logs when I was a kid. I think these shapes show up in ancient civilizations over and over again, because they are structurally stable. They are also copied from nature...hills and mountains for instance. I don't think they would have had to receive their instructions from the gods.

These are nevertheless, amazing structures and they provide evidence that primitive people were not as primitive as we tend to think.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by summerbreeze.ddp
reply to post by hp1229

From the link you sent me:

The ages see a gradual decline of dharma, wisdom, knowledge, intellectual capability, life span, emotional and physical strength.

* Satya Yuga:- Virtue reigns supreme. Human stature was 21 cubits. Average human lifespan was 400 years.
* Treta Yuga: - There was 3 quarter virtue & 1 quarter sin. Normal human stature was 14 cubits. Average human lifespan was 300 years.
* Dwapar Yuga: - There was 1 half virtue & 1 half sin. Normal human stature was 7 cubits. Average human lifespan was 200 years.
* Kali Yuga: - There was 1 quarter virtue & 3 quarter sin. Normal human stature was 3.5 cubits. Average human lifespan will be 100 years.

Not outside the realm of possibility. And what are humans living too right now? The numbers of centenarians is growing every day. Seems pretty much on point to me.

Now that is according to the Hindu Philosophy. If I'm not mistaken, Bible is a pretty recent phenomenon and your numbers were way too high. It never exceeds 1000 though. However the hindu mythology and someone else's post earlier indicated them to be around for 10000 years or so even though it is a written in the epics to stimulate and challenge one's own doubts and mind.
edit on 22-3-2011 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

reply to post by hp1229

5 kms or 5000 meters is the sea floor and it has been millions and millions of years since it has seen daylight. Can you relink the image in question where you state or someone stated that a civilization could rest at that depth?

Here you go. Posting it again. I dont think it existed at that depth 5000m or so (even when it was a land and not covered with water). I would think it would be more or less around 1000m to 2000m the most (this would be few miles outside the coastal areas in the map).

OCEAN_DEPTH_AROUND_BAY_OF_BENGAL

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

Moreoever the idea of the Heavens Above always pointed upward. If you stand at the base of these objects, it will seem to be heading into the heavens or skies above. It is more so a symbolic gesture of the Gopuram. Similarly the pyramid structures around the world more or less signified the same.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Ok.. Man lets make it a healthy argument. Though I am not completely inclined towards ancient scripts, now let me talk from the side of Kumari kandam theory and you be the skeptic.

Some more findings for you. This is one the recent finding about early Tamil-Brahmi scripts.

Adichanallur

Urn-burials in Adichanallur

Catalogue of findings at Adichanallur
If previous link dint work.

Throw me more questions. I will try to find you the answers.

edit on 22-3-2011 by the_spark because: added extra links

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_spark
reply to post by hp1229

Ok.. Man lets make it a healthy argument. Though I am not completely inclined towards ancient scripts, now let me talk from the side of Kumari kandam theory and you be the skeptic.

Some more findings for you. This is one the recent finding about early Tamil-Brahmi scripts.

Adichanallur

Urn-burials in Adichanallur

Catalogue of findings at Adichanallur
If previous link dint work.

Throw me more questions. I will try to find you the answers.

edit on 22-3-2011 by the_spark because: added extra links

Sure.

I'm not able to open the links currently. I'll try later on.

Adios.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Temuan

The Malaysian Flood Myth:

The Temuans are one of indigenous peoples of Malaysia.

Many thousand years ago, a lot of Temuan people died because they had committed "Celau" (the sins that angered god and their ancestors). Their god has sent a "Celau" punishment in a form of a Great Flood which had drowned all the Temuan sinners that day. Only two of the Temuans, named Mamak and Inak Bungsuk survived that day by climbing at Eagwood tree at Gunung Raja (Royal Mountain) located at the border of Selangor and Pahang state. There was a Temuan village over there named Kampung Orang Asli Pertak. Mamak and Inak Bungsuk survived because they had an enchanting mantra or spell to ease down the "Celau" storm. Gunung Raja (Royal Mountain) became the birth places and ancestral home of the Temuan tribe. Mamak Bungsuk (Adam) and Inak Bungsuk (Eve) are the Temuan analogues of Adam and Eve in the myth of the birth of humanity.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Im guessing many of these flood stories are Tsunamis. They didnt know what a Tsunami was or what caused it mixed in with a deity ......

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join