It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The sunken Continent of the Tamil

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by the_spark

Do you believe everything that has been taught to you? Shouldn't you question the integrity of the knowledge itself at times? Not to be rude or anything but sometimes historical facts are distorted and often takes on a totally new meaning and branch out into a totally different direction leading the mass on a wild goose chase so to speak and onto a totally different thinking pattern. There has always been a quest to outdo the others in human history. If person a comes up with a theory indicating that Aryans go back further than Dravidians then the Dravidians feel that it is incorrect and attempt to prove the opposite. History has been flaunted with by many in both the Eastern and Western civilization.

If the Ramayana is to be believed then did the Ape's really helped them create the land bridge to Sri Lanka some 10000 years ago? If that is the case then where did the apes come from? Are these the civilized monkeys that came from Lemuria? Just a thought.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
A little expansion on the story.
The Hindu epic Ramayana allegedly took place at the end of the last yuga cycle (the Dvapara yuga), approximately 430000+ years ago. Rama's father, Dasaratha, supposedly ruled the land for 10000 years before he died. Rama spent about a dozen years living in poverty in the forest (due to his older brother's mother's greed and trickery) which is the time frame where his adventures take place. Sri Lanka, or just Lanka, as it used to be called, was a place described as being inhabited by Rakshasas (male monsters) and Rakshisas (female monsters) and their demon king, Ravana.
To make a long story short, Ravana was immortal and impervious to any attack made by a god or another demon. Eventually, Ravana tired of his immortality and secretly wished to be reunited with Brahma. Rama (who was supposedly one of the 13(or 12...or whatever) human incarnations of Vishnu (one of the most famous incarnations was Krishna). Ravana knew who Rama really was and knew that Rama would never attack him unprovoked. Ravana needed to motivate Rama so he kidnapped Sita and imprisoned her in his stronghold in Lanka.
Rama enlisted the help of the monkeys (led by king Sugriva) and the bears (led by their king, Jambavan) to build a bridge to Lanka and help fight Ravana's legions of Rakshasas/Rakshisas. The bears brought the materials (wood, stone and rope) and the monkeys worked an assembly line working outwards to build the bridge to Lanka.
Ultimately, Rama and Ravana squared off and Rama employed many mystical weapons that he'd learned to summon from his training. (one such weapon is called the "Brahma Weapon" and it acts as a target-specific projectile weapon that follows it's target until it strikes. Rama used such a weapon on a crow that had attacked Sita years earlier. Rama summoned the Brahma weapon and fastened it to a blade of grass which took the eye of the crow interloper) Rama defeated Ravana and ended the battle. Shortly after Ravana's death, one of his Rakshasas brought a letter for Rama, written in Ravana's own hand. The letter stated that Ravana just wanted to be killed by a mortal so he could be reunited with Brahma (Ravana was originally a divine being who transgressed and was given a choice to live like...10000 lifetimes as a mortal or one lifetime as a demon; he chose the later because it was supposed to be quicker. As a demon, he spent almost 10000 years trying to convince Brahma to grant him immortality which eventually paid off; he was free from harm from demons and gods, just not humans.)
Anywho, good guys win.
Rama takes Sita back to Ayodha (the capital of their world back then) where they have a year-long celebration. Of course, Rama is human, so he's susceptible to being a jerk like a human. Rama hears some rumors that Sita cheated on him, so he banishes her (and his own two unborn sons) to the forest where she's found by Valmiki, the composer of the story.
Rama allegedly ruled Ayodha for a thousand years. At the end of his rule, he marched towards the Ganges river; he was followed by every human and animal that saw him. He and his people drowned themselves in the river. Rama's death was the final event of the Dvapara yuga and was the defining moment ushering in the Kali yuga, or destruction yuga. This is the part of the yuga cosmological cycle that we are currently in. ( www.sanskrit.org... )
Valmiki helped Sita raise her boys and spent many years composing the Ramayana.

Anywho, I've been fascinated by "Rama's Bridge" for years and years so it's cool that things like this grab other people's attention.
Just a side note, calling it "Adam's Bridge" is yet another example how the christian faith has to dominate every aspect of mythology and twist everything around so that every story has an origin within itself. I hate that. The Ramayana precedes the story of "adam" by several thousand years.

A satellite photograph of Rama's Bridge taken from about 6 or 7 years ago.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

I am unable to view the image. Can you post it on the thread?

2nd line.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

For scientist to accept Lemuria or Atlantis, and I am just using common place names, they would have to rewrite history and TPTB are not willing to do that. Any time evidence is uncovered that does not fit their time-lines, it is discarded or discredited. I am currently reading Michael Cremo's Human Devolution, A Vedic Alternative to Dawin's Theory. Cremo has thousands of examples in this book and his previous one, Forbidden Archeology, that "serious" scientist will not accept. I believe that in the millions of years this planet has been here that many advanced civilizations have come and gone and that there will rise another one when we blast ourselves off the planet.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Matthew Dark

Your periods are still not correct or aligning with Indian mythology itself. Your timeframe is way off then what most believe or describe in the books. Moreoever how are the ancients immortal? Were they not Human? Were they superhuman or aliens? Just curious as it once again dives back into mythology. Below link has the dates determined based on the positions of the stars in comparison to modern stars described in the Shastras. One can calculate the timeframe based on the positions of the stars.

RAMAYANA_DATES

Forget about what the western society has to say about the name of the bridge. I have seen this pic and others several times. This bridge and its image was in the news in an effort to prove that the events described in Ramayana indeed were facts. However the geographical comosure and history says totally different about the connecting land mass between India and Sri Lanka. What the OP is discussing is going even further back than Ramayana period.
edit on 22-3-2011 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by lisa2012
Now lets put this photos together and see the similarities are striking I am really wondering what it means ???????

Adam's Peak Sri Lanka

Ceahlau Pyramid Romania

Hope some people will come with some conclusions as I am very very curious ....

S&F for your Post

They look virtually Identicle. This doesn't have to do with those secret passages from the romanian mountains to Iraq, does it?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by radkrish

Its a good thread and I am surprised at the above information. But there is a temple in Rameswaram called 'Gandhamadana Parvatham'- where it is said that Lord Ram stood and 'watched' Lanka before he actually built the bridge. The place now holds a temple with this foot print model and one of my elderly relatives(my uncle) was a priest on that temple a while back. Your information is somehow similar to this one.

So this legend is shared by Hindus too it seems. Its strange how bits and pieces of data survive over such unbelievablly long stretches of time.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
Here is the area in question, I added land at the -112 meter level.

Another poster reminded me of what that area that you highlighted is called: Sundaland...the lost and sunken continent. Good work in actually showing it

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229

If the Ramayana is to be believed then did the Ape's really helped them create the land bridge to Sri Lanka some 10000 years ago? If that is the case then where did the apes come from? Are these the civilized monkeys that came from Lemuria? Just a thought.

Did I ever say that I believed what ever I was taught? How did you assume that? I never believed completely what I was taught at school and what I was told by my father or grandpa.
I dont know what your back ground is, as far as I know what ever these literatures says are becoming truth. There has been new discoveries of sunken cities near by southern cost of Tamil nadu, there are new proofs coming up every day about the early civilizations originated at the same part of the country. I mean not migrated from Indus valley or Harrapa. These are the things that were said in the literatures.

If you have ever read "Kamba Ramayanam" dont forget to look into details. There is very detail description on types of monkeys and apes and also exact number species that took part in that event. Just to remind you modern science is yet discovering new primate species every year. It is yet to match the number given in Kamba Ramayanam.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Matthew Dark

Here is another contradicting thread from ATS itself.

RAMAYANA BRIDGE

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Surya68
Hi..firstly..stars and flags...excellent work. I too firmly believe that the Asian region has been much overlooked those in search of lost civilization. I come from the Malaysian penisula and understand that the entire region was once an ancient landmass called Sundaland.

Thanks for the reminder. I had forgotten all about Sundaland which does play a prominent role in all the Atlantis/Lemuria Mythology.

There is also an ancient undated map in the excellent work by 17th century Portuguese cosmographer Eredia's 'Description of Malacca' which shows a land bridge between the Malaysian Penisula and Sumatra across the Straits of Malacca.(Will try to post the photos of the megaliths and map at later date)

That would be great. Please do.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_spark

Did I ever say that I believed what ever I was taught? How did you assume that?

I did not assume anything. It was a question with a question mark at the end asking IF you belived everything that was taught to you.

Another link with respect to the dates and study conducted in Tamilnadu itself.
RAMA BRIDGE DATE

There has been new discoveries of sunken cities near by southern cost of Tamil nadu
Old news if you consider Mahabalipuram and other monuments constantly eroding into the ocean.

I mean not migrated from Indus valley or Harrapa. These are the things that were said in the literatures.
If the civilizations were that advanced back in time then why didn't they invent something to document (paper, stone tablets etc etc) the facts and history and all the vast wealth of knowledge? If they were able to migrate to the southern tip of India before the continent sank then surely they probably thought about saving the vast knowledge they maybe had accumulated as per the residents of the sunken continent.

There is very detail description on types of monkeys and apes and also exact number species that took part in that event. Just to remind you modern science is yet discovering new primate species every year. It is yet to match the number given in Kamba Ramayanam
Maybe the case as species do evolve and disappear without a trace. However how does that make it older than the agreed period by most based on astronomical dating of the events depicted in the Shastras? The positions of the stars were clearly described in the shastras and that is how the dates are derived for the events that occured in the past. Now to me that evidence and proof based on the ancient and modern astronomy.
edit on 22-3-2011 by hp1229 because: edit content

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Here is the image of Lemuria from Wikipedia.

Very interesting.

However it is a unproven theory among several others around the world

Of course it is, thats why its on ATS and not Discovery Channel

The sunken continent of Zealandia has traces of continental land around them. If there are none around India, Madagasgar, Australia connecting the great Lemuria then do we have to assume that the Water rose by more than few miles in height to submerge the ancient landmass (if it existed as a civilization) ?

The ancient texts may be talking about elsewhere (Malaysia for example). Im not convinced of the Kundam Kumari map myself.
edit on 22-3-2011 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Good thread Sky,

I am a Tamil from southern Indian state of Tamil Nadu. What ever you have posted on your OP is exactly what we were told by our ancestors and forefathers but dont know why the main stream Historians or Archeologists never acknowledged it. Just in recent past the Tamil language has been given Classical language status. Classical Language.

Kumari Kandam (Kandam in Tamil means Continent) has been mentioned in most early Tamil literatures. There alot of elaborate description about the language, grammar (Tolkāppiyam), life style, politics (Purananuru) agriculture (Agriculture), war fare, ethics, technology, mathematics (kanakaathigaram), astrology (Vaana saastharam) etc.. on those literatures.

Greetings to Tamil Nadu. Thank you for posting. Any further information you can provide is greatly appreciated.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Of course it is, thats why its on ATS and not Discovery Channel

Discovery channel sucks. Personally I like NATGEO. However there are unproven theories on the documentary channels as well not just on ATS
My statement was for the MAP that I had posted which is also just another myth and theory. I'm not even sure if the map is a legitimate one.

The ancient texts may be talking about elsewhere (Malaysia for example). Im not convinced of the Kundam Kumari map myself.

Or they may be talking about land not too far out (perhaps 10 to 25 miles) into the sea surrounding the southern regions of India. However as you might be aware of the scenario that when a message/conversation starts from the 1st person and relayed through 100 people sequentially, the subject and its contents will change entirely or upto a great extent by the time the 100th person receives the message/conversation. The distance might have increased in size as folkslore tales were repeated over the course of time. Thats what I think.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I am perplexed and in awe when investigating and theorizing about the earths history.

When I use a flooding program it appears that the earth has been flooded to a height of 4km's to almost -4km's.

THere was a massive flooding around 15-10,000 b.c then other smaller ones. This next clipping is about lake Agazzi.

During the last Ice Age, northern North America was covered by a glacierThis continental ice sheet formed during the period now known as the Wisconsin glaciation, and covered much of central North America between 30,000 and 10,000 years ago. As the ice sheet disintegrated, it created at its front an immense proglacial lake, formed from its meltwaters.[3]
Around 13,000 years BP the lake came to cover much of Manitoba, western Ontario, northern Minnesota, eastern North Dakota, and Saskatchewan. At its greatest extent, it may have covered as much as 440,000 square kilometers, larger than any currently existing lake in the world (including the Caspian Sea).
Geologists believe that a major outbreak of Lake Agassiz about 13,000BP drained north through the Mackenzie River into the Arctic Ocean[6][7]. A return of the ice for some time offered a reprieve, but after retreating north of the Canadian border about 9,900 years ago, Lake Agassiz refilled. The last major shift in drainage occurred about 8,400 years BP. The melting of remaining Hudson Bay ice caused lake Agassiz to drain nearly completely. This final drainage of Lake Agassiz contributed an estimated 1 to 3 meters to total post-glacial global sea level rise.[citation needed] Much of the final drainage may have occurred in a very short time, in one or two events, perhaps taking as little as a year.[citation needed]
en.wikipedia.org...

This could explain the localized flooding the Greeks spoke of usually associated with the sinking of Atlantis. A 1-3 meters sea level rise from the initial 120meter sea level rise of 15-10,000b.c would of pushed the water deep enough to require a bridge in SriLanka.

Geological Survey of India (GSI) carried out a special programme called “Project Rameswaram” that concluded that age data of corals indicate that the Rameswaram island has evolved since 125,000 years ago. Radiocarbon dating of samples in this study suggests that the domain between Rameswaram and Talaimannar may have thus been exposed sometime between 18,000 and 7,000 years ago.
en.wikipedia.org...'s_Bridge

I am sure many of the flood swell would of caused Tsunamis not to mention the cold melt water entering the oceans convection would of wreaked havoc on the earth's climate inducing another minor ice age..

edit on 22-3-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-3-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Old news if you consider Mahabalipuram and other monuments constantly eroding into the ocean.

Mahabalipuram is new compared to Samgam literature. That city did not exist before Pallava Dynasty. That was mostly built during Narasimhavarama Pallavan's reign. This is mostly during medieval tamil period.

If the civilizations were that advanced back in time then why didn't they invent something to document (paper, stone tablets etc et) the facts and history and all the vast wealth of knowledge?

There are many stone inscription and sculptures that can be found even today. Lot of research are being carried out at Tamil University at Tanjore. Feel free to contact them for more details. Tamil University

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Mahabalipuram is new compared to Samgam literature. That city did not exist before Pallava Dynasty. That was mostly built during Narasimhavarama Pallavan's reign. This is mostly during medieval tamil period.

If the civilizations were that advanced back in time then why didn't they invent something to document (paper, stone tablets etc et) the facts and history and all the vast wealth of knowledge?

There are many stone inscription and sculptures that can be found even today. Lot of research are being carried out at Tamil University at Tanjore. Feel free to contact them for more details. Tamil University

The stone inscription and sculptures are found where ? in Tamilnadu ? If yes (wow that is state of the art technology for all the other things the civilization invented...contradicting one that is to inscribe things on a stone) how old are they? Were they moved from the sinking continental region to the present tamilnadu region during the migration of the mass from deep south to present tamilnadu? or were they inscribed few thousand years ago? I know I know. I need to contact the Tamil University

Yet another link if you believe in the plate tectonics and earthquakes. It is a theory on the formation of India and not Tamilnadu. This would explain the similarities between the dravidians and the locals in Madagascar and southern africa.

FORMATION of INDIA

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matthew Dark

Anywho, I've been fascinated by "Rama's Bridge" for years and years so it's cool that things like this grab other people's attention.
Just a side note, calling it "Adam's Bridge" is yet another example how the christian faith has to dominate every aspect of mythology and twist everything around so that every story has an origin within itself. I hate that. The Ramayana precedes the story of "adam" by several thousand years.

A satellite photograph of Rama's Bridge taken from about 6 or 7 years ago.

I do apologize. It should be Ramas Bridge. The "Adams Bridge" however, was taken from Islam. I thought it worthy of a mention that Islamic legend treats the area as that which the first humans came from. But yes indeed, it should be Ramas bridge, in respect of the culture surrounding the area.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

If you believe in the work on the below link then the Deepest portion is still too deep to have housed a civilization or the sunken continent sank that deep during its destruction (upto 5 kilometres deep). The only way to possibly find evidence would be to have submersibles excavate the bottom of the ocean floor between sri lanka and magascar and australia at regular depths or distances between the triangle of sea for evidence of Gopurams and/or traces of civilization(s).

OCEAN_DEPTH_SURROUNDING_BAY_OF_BENGAL

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join