It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The sunken Continent of the Tamil

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Very interesting - the only way such continental sized landmasses can just dissapear under the waves is in an earth expansion scenario, where the crust recurves to fit the new diameter.

I believe this happens according to a cycling of the ages, gold, silver, Bronze, Iron - where the lower astral at the end of an Iron age, condenses directly into the physical - ie we get a whole new purified astral world, resulting in a 'golden age'

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Awsome....I love this stuff.....thanks for it.....I would like to add that dravidian languages are said to have come from a proto sahahran language that was the original "universal" language....if such a continent existed and such a language was shared, it would explain alot as to whre Basques amongst some can come from.....Pacific Islanders from Hawaii and other places also speak of coming from a sunken continent....looks like alot of places sunk a long time ago....

"Hawaiians believed there was once a great continent stretching from Hawaii to New Zealand, but it sank, leaving only its mountaintops as islands"
davidpratt.info...

Cuba is said to have sank and risen many times as well....have found under water megalith there and around Japan.....evidence of ancient world much.....me thinks so.....

just want to add your thread to one I´m working on....so I´ll put it here in case you want to take a look
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by newyorkee

Hawaiians believed there was once a great continent stretching from Hawaii to New Zealand, but it sank, leaving only its mountaintops as islands"

Hmmmm, please provide a link to Hawaiian myth that says so and not from a fringe site

edit on 28/12/11 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Well, the OP has never met the Ultra nationalist Tamil Folks i Presume.

Just the Nazis who were hyping on the Upber race, the Tamil Nationalist try to link up to eve4ry bit of history that would put them in the favorable light that the entire human civilization arose from the land of the Tamils.

they have even tried to put up a Homo Dravida hypothesis.
They claim that the Homo dravida evolved on Kumari kandam and advances thru India to the other continents.

Bollocks!!

meet these folks and see how rabid they are.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood
Very interesting - the only way such continental sized landmasses can just dissapear under the waves is in an earth expansion scenario, where the crust recurves to fit the new diameter.

I believe this happens according to a cycling of the ages, gold, silver, Bronze, Iron - where the lower astral at the end of an Iron age, condenses directly into the physical - ie we get a whole new purified astral world, resulting in a 'golden age'

Where most of the population at that time ascends or dies...............and a new round of 'out of Africa' migration takes place.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Great thread. Thank you.
Just because we were not taught this in the West dosen't mean it's not true or couldn't have happened.
If all this turns out to be true & there is reason to believe it, what could it do to our current beleifs?
About the church, language & many other things that helped shaped our lives & the way we percieve the world & its peoples.
It's all well & good to ask for definitive proof that's comparable to what we currently know about world history but the resources haven't been poured into exploration of these areas yet. (How profitable & to whom?)
There are many things that have been thought of as gospel but as science & technology develop we are finding differences from long held common teachings. (Faster than light?)
I for one do not think that we all came from Africa. (Another thread completely) If there is proof that man existed 100,000 years ago & more maybe, why do we still cling to the out of Africa story? (DNA?)
Archeologists seek fame & fortune like anyone else!
Unless we start looking & examining other histories we will miss many secrets that might unlock a happy future for mankind & our precious planet.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
This is some important stuff, awesome.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by RomeByFire
This is some important stuff, awesome.

Yes, but is it real, or wishful thinking, or bad interpretation?

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Timetraveller
reply to post by Skyfloating

The most favourite God of Tamil people is Murugan. One of his names is 'Karthikeya' - One who was raised by the 6 Krittika devis (The six stars in pleiades represented in goddess form). He is the eternal youth and provider of the supreme wisdom and also destroyer of evil demons. According to the belief of Tamils he is supposed to have codified the 'Tamil language' in the Tamil kingdom that existed long before the first flood.
edit on 22-3-2011 by Timetraveller because: Fixing grammatical errors, added points about Adam's bridge.

You have made an excellent point out there ... Lord Murugan was indeed raised by six krithikas which is nothing but the six stars of pleiades.

Below is the related information ....

The Pleiades, or the seven chaste women, are the wives of the seven divine sages. Six of them were raised to the sky and became the six Krithikas or the six stars of the Pleiades. The seventh one was also chaste as well as pious and devoted to her husband. She was separately raised to the sky and became the Arundhati. It’s these six Krithikas who nurtured the six-headed baby born of Shiva in the Saravana – Sara = Reed, Vana = Forest (Forest of Reeds). The six heads of Kartikeya represent His six attributes. They are: Jnana (wisdom), Vairagya (detachment), Bala (strength), Keerti (fame), Shree (wealth) and Aishwarya (Divine powers).

Muruga is the God of Pleiades. The Pleiades have long a standing contact with planet earth. They are fond of human beings and the earth plane. They are interested in helping the earth to get more light. Their goal for human beings is to change the genetic structure of the human bodily cells so that the humans can eventually acquire a light body. The Pleiades constantly fight with negative beings from other planets who have been basically responsible for ruining our genetic structure. Lord Murugan as a Pleiades God is going to play an active role in the evolution of planet earth and the human race. He is identified by the star Alcyone (Krithika).

During 2012, the Sun, planet earth and Krithika are going to align themselves to transform the earth. Dharma will once again be established on earth.

Watch the video below from youtube & you can notice from a particular scene where 6 krithikas(stars) raise Lord Muruga who splits into 6 different forms so that each of the krithikas could have one.Lord Murugan is also known as "Aaru Mugam", the one with 6 faces.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTkeCO30_Ro

edit on 24-6-2012 by johnisonline because: To add more information

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Hello all,

I have been a visitor to this awesome site for such more than 4 years but after reading this post , i decided not to be just another visitor , but share the knowledge...

I myself a Tamil , coming from Chennai,TamilNadu ...who speaks Tamil language ( I know Tamil,English and Telugu )..I really appreciate you guys for researching into the matter and i will help you in understanding the Tamil language,history and its culture and its present condition ...

I am also happy to find fellow member spark who is also from Tamilnadu...

Please ask any doubts and clarifications if you want and i will also share links about this language in the coming posts...
edit on 12-1-2013 by powermatrix because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Really fascinating

I'm a sri lankan tamil, my father has chola origins and my mother is one of the original inhabitants of northern sri lanka, they were called the Naga people because they worshiped cobras. Either way the naga were assimilated into tamil but spoke a more primitif dravidian language before that.

Any ways I had the good fortune of going to sri lanka when I was 10, and I flew to India from colombo and fortunately I got a window seat
, from there once we came to the north I had fun looking at all the small islands and truth be told, you could literally walk really close to india, you could make it if you manage to swim. My parents told me how in their parent's time during july , the hottest month, the water recedes and apparently once you were able to walk really far that you saw the coast of india!

Now to India, Have any of you heard of chidambaram temple?

Here we woship shiva and we have three differente forms of our god
One has a physical manifestation like a human-Natarajah
second as a lingam, symbolising god is in everything
and an empty shrine to represent god as aether

Interestingly this temple is loacted at the magnetic center of the world!!!!!

Out of curiosity I tried to find the opposite side of this magnetic center and guess what?
It falls just a little short from machu pichu!

This can't be a coincidence, we clearly lost a connection with civilizations but thee was something....
I know this isn't exactly the same topic but just wanted to share it

Also look at the similarities between hinduism"s lingam and the inthihuatana

Lingam

and intihuatna

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

actually kumari is wife of murugan, so murugan is called by "kumaran" but i would say if why this land called as in " kumari kadam",because there was one river called "kumari" obviously kumani is "feminine" word as most of the river
names in india
but if you just ask tamil word meaning "kumari" it is just a age period of a girl (like we call, kid, adult, gaffer like that )

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
This thread is nothing short of amazing. And there are so many contributors posting in it too!
It feels like I just got some kind of curiosity orgasm or something.. And I haven't even read through all of the pages yet.

There are so many dots that can be connected to the legends of a, or several, lost civilizations everywhere and evidence suggesting that a great flood occurred a long time ago is apparent too.

Here's something for those who still, despite this wonderful thread, are skeptical about the theory regarding ancient technologically sophisticated civilizations:

edit on 24-4-2013 by ABeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
OP: S&F, this is simply awesome.

coredrill:

It was coined by Philip Sclater, and it does have connections to monkeys, to be precise - Lemurs.

Wait -- they referred to lemur-eyed humanoids as monkeys?? I'm asking because
a) in metaphysical experiences I've had more than once, a sort of parallel world has that (I've considered putting it into fiction, it's so repetitive an experience) and
b) not long ago I finally got around to reading that bleeping "Urantia" channeled book which swears the original evolution was from Lemurs (!) which I found such a funny idea
But I'd never considered that there might be any connection or overlap between the ideas of lemur and monkey is all. To me they are radically different and unrelated creatures.
Note: Both examples above are utterly woo so should not be taken seriously by anybody. I just found that connection interesting is all.

Thiban:

Out of curiosity I tried to find the opposite side of this magnetic center and guess what?
It falls just a little short from machu pichu!

If we were to apply the expanding earth theory, I wonder where would have been the opposite side of that magnetic center during that time?

Alleged Science, in general:
I love science. Utterly, completely love it. But it is a horrible contributor to the study of ancient history, being filled with people who, with uber-religious zeal no less, must insist on thinking we have "the answer" and "nothing else can be true." If there is a single thing the field of science has ever proven repeatedly and beyond the shadow of any doubt, it is that humankind is constantly discovering that what we scientifically were "sure" was true, we later discover some better and different answer for. When it comes to periods in which we are unlikely to have many if any artifacts whatsoever, IMO the only intelligently productive way to deal with such exploration is to do it with genuine curiosity and relatively open mind. Gradually, one can see what 'shakes out' when many things are compared to one another. But the belief that something 'cannot' have anything to it at all because of what we "assume" in the present is so irritating -- it's anti-scientific in its determined stubbornness to think we already know everything, and its peoples' tendency to proactive scorn-assault on those less rigid. Many so-called scientists are the same personality profiles as the most rabid religious fundamentalists, it is obvious.

This is a beautiful and fascinating topic and damn those 'skyscrapers' are so awesome, I totally want to be rich enough to build one.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by newyorkee

If only I had the time to dig in to the linguistic evidence of Lemuria and Atlantis. Given enough time I think a diligent researcher could prove the whole thing just linguistically.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Thiban

Awesome post. Ive noticed plenty of similarities between the Pre-Columbian and the Hindu tales of ancient days. If anyone would ever care to research them, they'd find hidden treasures.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Not sure if this was mentioned yet, I only skimmed the comments with the find function. This is an old thread but I'm new here; though it's information I've seen so a refresher more than an eye-opener.

What I've somehow missed is the Jainist diagram, which to me, clearly depicts levels of consciousness. I felt it may be worth mentioning the similarity between "Siddhasila" the "abode of the liberated one" and the 'historical name' of 'the ascended one', Siddhartha. I can't help but wonder now if that was the Buddha's real birth name, or one that he chose later in life.

Just some food for thought.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 02:42 AM
link   
An old but good thread and read, thank you.

I wonder whether scientists have put two and two together - with the end of the ice age, the seas rose substantially. This flooded the old coastlines. What would that do to human civilization?

Today, something like half of all humans live within 100 miles of the ocean. Suppose that were true in the past - or perhaps even more common?

It's possible that sea levels could rise pretty rapidly. Consider what happened on the Hudson River so long ago - ancient Glacial Lake Iroquois suddenly emptied into the Hudson River, and this enormous discharge obliterated an area of land that once connected Long Island and Staten Island. This lake covered the present Lake Ontario - and was three times its size.

That is a lot of water. It was suddenly released after the ice sheet melted far enough back that the ice dam no longer blocked its flow. On its own, it might not have caused dramatic rise - maybe just a little bit - but there was also the whole 'ice age is ending' melting.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
very interesting thread indeed

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join