It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The sunken Continent of the Tamil

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
The topic of the Tamils and Dravidians is deep.

Samael Aun Weor wrote that Sanat Kumara is a Great Christified Master who founded the Great College of Initiates of the White Lodge.

Here is something relevant that a Gnostic Instructor wrote in regard to Atiyoga, Sri Lanka, Atlantis, and Lemuria:

Is There Anything About ANU....

"Adi-Buddha is the primordial Buddha. It is the Buddha of the Buddha, the awakened of the awake. Adi-Buddha is a part of that ancient Vajrayana teaching known as Adi-Yoga, Union with the Primordial Absolute Principle (Adi-Buddha). Adi-Buddha has been symbolized as Samantabhadra-Samantabhadri. That is the equivalent to the Absolute in the highest form of Buddhism.

"Adi-Yoga is also known in some of the modern (meaning after Atlantis and the golden age of this root race) Tibetan traditions as Dzogchen and Mahamudra (the highest yoga tantra). 99% of the modern day practitioners in the physical planes who are receiving all sorts of recognition from religions and society are practicing a skeleton of the original Adi-Yoga. Therefore, without the explanations of the Avatar of Aquarius and conscious direct experience with the teachings, it is very difficult to truly understand Dzogchen, Mahamudra or the rest of modern day religious teachings wholistically. Initiatic Gnostic Kabbalah is true Atlantean Adi-Yoga (the teachings and practice of union with ADI). WITHOUT PRACTICE, THERE IS NO DIRECT UNDERSTANDING.

"Initiatic Gnostic Kabbalah was handed to Tibet by the Akaldan Society of ancient Atlantis. In Tibet, those teachings are still found under the name of Vajaryana, Adi-Yoga, etc. etc. If you study the lineages of Tibetan Buddhism, they will always say that the teachings go back to the GOLDEN ISLANDS.

"Even Atisha received teachings from the Golden Island and brought them back to Tibet. The Dzogchen lineage also says this, that the teachings came from the Golden Islands. The histories of these lineages also say that the sacred teachings can no longer be found in those islands (see the Karma of the islands of Sri Lanka, Indonesia etc).

"Obviously, those Atlantean Masters brought the teachings to Tibet over the seas. Indonesia and those Golden Islands were launch pads for the teachings from Atlantis (the Akaldan Society was located in what is now southern Mexico and Guatemala) to the first Aryan root race-Tibet. Therefore, for us, we have the Initiatic Gnostic Kabbalah which is the key of Adi-Yoga.

"Religions and mystical traditions seem to contradict each other at times. When we delve deeper in our investigations, we find that they all agree."

edit on 22-3-2011 by Tamahu because: edited text

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder

Im guessing many of these flood stories are Tsunamis. They didnt know what a Tsunami was or what caused it mixed in with a deity ......

I think its part of the great-deluge memory. Its the same story as anywhere else.. All these origin-myths always connect - not to fire, not to earthquake, not to tornados, not to dinosaurs - to a great flood sent by Gods for some transgression.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Dwarka - 12 000 year old, submerged city found in India
edit on 22-3-2011 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Great stuff, didn't have time to read all, but will later, hopefully.

When you look at the depths of the Indian Ocean, it is unlikely that there was a large continent south of India, but it seems likely that at one time, India was connected to the Sunda Shelf, between Vietnam and Indonesia.

When you look at Cambodian culture, it has always seemed to me to be connected to Indian culture, or maybe Dravidian is the better identifier.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
In the Ramayana, wasn't it Rama who built a bridge to Lanka? Looking at the picture of Adam's Bridge, it doesn't look natural. It looks artificial.
from Wikipedia:

"Hindu belief is that the bridge was created Rama and Lakshman with the assistance of Hanuman and the 'monkey army' to reach Lanka in order to find Rama's wife [Sita] who was kidnapped by the evil Ravana. A 2007 publication of the National Remote Sensing Agency said that the structure "may be man-made", contradicting the report from the Archaeological Survey of India which found no evidence for it being man-made. In a 2008 court case, a spokesman for the government stated "So where is the Setu? We are not destroying any bridge. There is no bridge. It was not a man-made structure. It may be a superman-made structure, but the same superman had destroyed it. That is why for centuries nobody mentioned anything about it. It (Ram Setu) has become an object of worship only recently."

The middle part is islands now because the sea level rose.
edit on 22-3-2011 by Mercurio because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
If there are any Tamil reading this: Is it true that "Kumari" is the word for "children" or "infancy"?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by Shadow Herder

Im guessing many of these flood stories are Tsunamis. They didnt know what a Tsunami was or what caused it mixed in with a deity ......

I think its part of the great-deluge memory. Its the same story as anywhere else.. All these origin-myths always connect - not to fire, not to earthquake, not to tornados, not to dinosaurs - to a great flood sent by Gods for some transgression.

Another theory is that an asteroid impacted the Indian Ocean creating the Burckle Crater and inspiring the flood myths. The resulting tsunami would have been huge. This would mean the Great Flood was a real event.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 22-3-2011 by Mercurio because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

If there are any Tamil reading this: Is it true that "Kumari" is the word for "children" or "infancy"?

I'm not Tamil, but according to the Gnostic glossary the word Kumari is actually Sanskrit (and I believe that Kumara is masculine, and Kumari is feminine):

Sanat Kumara

(Sanskrit, literally "the ever youthful")

It seems that Murugan or Murrugan is Tamil though.

edit on 22-3-2011 by Tamahu because: spacing

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Has this been mentioned yet?

www.sacred-texts.com...

Indian epic Mahabharata tells of nuclear war.

"Gurkha, flying a swift and powerful vimana (fast aircraft)
hurled a single projectile (rocket) charged with the power
of the Universe (nuclear device). An incandescent column of
smoke and flame, as bright as ten thousand suns, rose with
all its splendor.

It was an unknown weapon, an iron thunderbolt, a gigantic
messenger of death, which reduced to ashes the entire race
of the Vrishnis and the Andhakas.

The corpses were so burned as to be unrecognizable.
Hair and nails fell out; Pottery broke without apparent cause,
and the birds turned white.

...After a few hours all foodstuffs were infected...
...to escape from this fire the soldiers threw
themselves in streams to wash themselves and their
equipment."

Indian text Agastya Samhita describes electrical batteries

"Place a well-cleaned copper plate in an earthenware vessel.
Cover it first by copper sulfate and then moist sawdust.
After that put a mercury-amalgamated-zinc sheet on top of
an energy known by the twin name of Mitra-Varuna. Water will
be split by this current into Pranavayu and Udanavayu. A
chain of one hundred jars is said to give a very active
and effective force."
Agastya Samhita
(Indian Princes' Library)

Not related to India, but still interesting from the same page:
"Again in the fairly long ago past in China Emperor Cheng Tang (1766
B.C.), ordered Ki-Kung-shi to construct a flying chariot. The
primeval aviation constructor completed the job and tested the
aircraft. In flight, reaching the province of Honan. Subsequently,
(from fear) the vessel was destroyed by imperial edict as Cheng Tang
feared the secret of its mechanism might fall into the wrong hands."

It's amazing to think how much of our ancient history may be WRONG, and how advanced we may have been (or how involved aliens were, if that's where the technology came from).

Could Mount Meru have been a SPACE ELEVATOR?

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Kumari means young woman or girl. It represents female gender, opposite is Kumaran.

To be specific Kumari is usually the way an unmarried woman is addressed, exact equivalent is Miss in english.

Once married a woman is addressed as "Thirumathi" = Mrs. in english.
edit on 22-3-2011 by the_spark because: edited

edit on 22-3-2011 by the_spark because: edited

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Thank you sky, this is really informative. For one I've been trying to find some good information about Lemura or Tamil for months now and I keep getting debunkers saying that Lemura is based on some writer who wrote a story back in 1850 or 1890. But know it really points to that their may have been a sunken continent or very large island in this area.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

S & F
Another bit of our possible lost past from the Ice Age melt off

The following animation is from Part- 3 of my Origins of Atlantis/Lemuria Myths Part-1 and Part-2
series.

Watch the various coast lines grow and recede while the oceans rise fall over the last 200,000 years.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/46dbdd5dafd9.gif[/atsimg]
edit on 21-3-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

Also Slayer where did you get that illustration from and does it have better resolution. I myself was able to find some online software on few websites that lowered and raised the sea level to show us what land would connect or come up from the lower of the oceans via the ice ages.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Wow this has blown my mind, I'm a Tamil originally from Sri Lanka I was aware of the bridge connecting India and Sri Lanka and also the vast history but never of this sunken continent. I just hope its true and we find out more it would be nice to know of my ancestors and more history since many pieces of history has been lost due to wars and occupations.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

It doesn't mean infancy or children, to be honest I've never heard of that word maybe its an older word not used in our generation.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Hey that's super.
For one thing, it's not my time line, it's whomever publishes it (and there are a lot of vedic scholars who seem to agree on similar time lines. not majoring in it in school, I wouldn't really know for sure.)
Secondly, it's not my story. I've read several different versions of it, obviously depending on the translation, the story comes in various flavors. (my favorite version is the one by William Buck, just in case anyone cares)
Third, I never mentioned any "ancients" or whatever the hell you're talking about. I only related the story of Ravana's immortality because it was relevant to the overall story (it's a major plot point in the Ramayana, just in case anyone cares.)
Fourth, I don't even understand what you're attempting to argue.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mercurio
Japanese linguist Susumo Ono argued that Tamil and Japanese are both related languages (in contrast to mainstream, which views Japanese as a language isolate). Ryukyuan is closely related to Japanese, and the famous underwater Yonaguni ruins were found off the coast of Yonaguni Island in the Ryukyu Islands. It doesn't end there. Japan is home to the oldest discovered pottery, 15,000 years old. Japan's indigenous people are the Ainu, who belong to Y-haplogroup D2. The only places outside of Japan where Y-haplogroup D2 is common are Tibet and the Andaman Islands in the Indian Ocean. There is also the indigenous peoples of Taiwan (collectively known as Taiwanese aborigines) who are recognized as being of Austronesian origins. Taiwan is very close to Yonaguni Island where the Yonaguni ruins were found. "Malayo-Polynesian" is one giant language family. Maybe Japanese is also part of that. If you look at a map there is a set of islands between the Philippines and Taiwan and a set of islands (Ryukyu, of course) between Taiwan and Japan. The theory behind the settlement of Polynesia is that they migrated on small boats from island to island. Yet they ignore how easy using this method of travel it would be to depart from the Philippines and arrive in Japan. anyway that is just some interesting things I thought would add to this discussion.

arutkural.tripod.com...

edit on 21-3-2011 by Mercurio because: (no reason given)

The Japanese have issue's. Read up on the Ainu people and how the "Children of the Sun" have all but destroyed them now.

By claiming a link between Tamil, the Japanese can gloss over the genocide they are in the process of committing against the Ainu.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

I really enjoyed this Thread, and find it is threads like this that help us learn about the world we were never taught. I can't understand why Archaeologist want to keep the world in the dark about the great fines like this.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Uh, not so sure. Humanity is only 50,000 years old. So how can they have existed 200,000 years ago? More accurately, hominids were there and killed off/ absorbed by the humans whom came later.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by SKOR-TJ

Kumari/Kumara is Sanskrit

Although Murugan or Murrugan may be Tamil, and the same Deity as Sanat Kumara.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   

I am a Tamil.
Kumari - young female (typically virgin). Members can correct me if it could also mean young married woman.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join