It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible Answers to Member Questions

page: 53
<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by sacgamer25

Thats a wonderful dream bro...

Unfortunatly that is all it is... imho

Still i like the way you think... Though slighty cultish...

I believe that most people want to be good. They want to give up greed and envy and all the poison in this world. I just believe they are lost and need someone to show them the way. I believe that God is asking me to show his people the way. Maybe it is a bit of a cult but not one that I consider myself a leader of. Just someone who is willing to be led.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by sacgamer25

I believe that most people want to be good. They want to give up greed and envy and all the poison in this world. I just believe they are lost and need someone to show them the way. I believe that God is asking me to show his people the way. Maybe it is a bit of a cult but not one that I consider myself a leader of. Just someone who is willing to be led.

Anyone can be led... thats the biggest issue with religion.

What is the way?

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

What is the way?

I'll make you a promise, God willing of course, If we are both still posting on this site in the comming years and God guides me where I believe he will, I will let you know so if you are so inclined you may come see for yourself.

P.S. I know you think I'm crazy but you also know that what I say, I say because I love my brothers.
edit on 27-12-2011 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

What is the way?

I'll make you a promise, God willing of course, If we are both still posting on this site in the comming years and God guides me where I believe he will, I will let you know so if you are so inclined you may come see for yourself.

P.S. I know you think I'm crazy but you also know that what I say, I say because I love my brothers.

You didn't answer my question...

I didn't say you were crazy either... walk your path...

I'll be here for a long time so....

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Sorry the way. There is only one way, to follow in the path of Jesus Christ the flesh and blood son of the living God. My Goal to become as like Christ as is possible for any man to achieve. I believe the closer one can get to being like Christ the easier it becomes for people to see the faith in that individual. If I can become what God is calling me to be than I will be a testimony to my faith. If I cannot than the world has overcome me and I have not overcome the world.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Sorry the way. There is only one way, to follow in the path of Jesus Christ the flesh and blood son of the living God. My Goal to become as like Christ as is possible for any man to achieve. I believe the closer one can get to being like Christ the easier it becomes for people to see the faith in that individual. If I can become what God is calling me to be than I will be a testimony to my faith. If I cannot than the world has overcome me and I have not overcome the world.

Alright... thats great! Thats a good thing to strive for...

But it still didn't answer the question... what is "the way" defined by Jesus?

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

To follow the will of the father, which is to love, all the way to the point of Crucifixion. Doing the will of the father, allowing the Holy Spirit to guide me is the only way that I know. Obviously from my previous post I have some idea what the church of the New Testament should look like. If this does not answer your question than you may need to be more specific.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Obviously from my previous post I have some idea what the church of the New Testament should look like.

I couldn't care less what any "church" might look like... Im more interested in what you'll be teaching your followers...

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   

This sounds really weird to me, sorry.
What is preventing you from being what you want to be?
Why can't you be that thing right now?
This just doesn't sound right to me.
Are you on a trickle charger?
You need to Amp up.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

This sounds really weird to me, sorry.
What is preventing you from being what you want to be?
Why can't you be that thing right now?
This just doesn't sound right to me.
Are you on a trickle charger?
You need to Amp up.

I prayed that I might understand a better way, and that I might be given the ability to show others a better way. And if I take on the task of teaching I will be held to a higher standard.

You see once you receive the gift of interpretation you begin to understand that you can no longer be a sinner. You must let the Holy Spirit guide you away from all sin.

But sin to the unbeliever and sin to a student and sin to a teacher may be different things. You see for me my thoughts are sin. If I think in anger I have sinned. If I look with lust I have sinned. If I withhold anything from someone who asks of me I have sinned. Currently I am in the process of understanding what sin is for me and what is not. I am not yet free as I still struggle with certain things. Until I feel that I am free from even the sins in my thought I do not consider myself a worthy representation of Christ.

For as long as my thoughts are sinful I know that I am capable of sinning. Why would anyone follow someone who gets angry or has pride or greed in their thoughts?

Titus 2:7-8
In everything set them an example by doing what is good. In your teaching show integrity, seriousness and soundness of speech that cannot be condemned, so that those who oppose you may be ashamed because they have nothing bad to say about us.
James 3:1
Not many of you should presume to be teachers, my brothers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly.

I do not want to call this judgment upon myself. I will let the Holy Spirit humble me and guide me so that I might be able to live by the standard that God expects from his teachers.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Christians are not better than ANYONE else.
Often time worse, we are just forgiven now.
We accepted the gift that all are offered.
All you need to do is believe.

Here is our simple path....
Jesus said in Luke
"You Must Deny Yourself, Take Up Your Cross Daily And Follow Me."

Deny yourself -> Do what God wants us to do, not what we want.

Take up your Cross -> Bear with, and show others(non-believers) the path.

Follow him -> Persue Him by reading the Bible and drawing closer to Him.

These are very difficult tasks in this world but He will make it bearable.

this is what the Bible says regarding the unsaved
"For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God."
So do not be upset if it is hard to get a grip on our beliefs.
We already know and understand because we were in your shoes at one time.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

If what you are saying is true, then you should not be on this forum posting opinions on religion.
That is what does not make sense. If you are evil and you will be severely punished for giving false testimony and you are currently incapable of giving true testimony , then why are you testifying?
You need to (in my opinion) realize you are a human being like everyone else and there is not this exalted position on earth above others which Jesus is holding out for you if you could just achieve perfection first.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Arrow22

Christians are not better than ANYONE else.
Often time worse, we are just forgiven now.
We accepted the gift that all are offered.
All you need to do is believe.

Forgiveness is something available, thanks to Jesus.
Now there is a judgement at the end of our lives that determines where we go afterwards, and this is done by Jesus himself.
The advantage in this situation is to those who know this ahead of time, who then realize there is a good thing which is possible for those who do pass this judgment. Then they have something to hope for from which to derive encouragement to be good people. Someone who thinks there is only this life and then it is over, may be inclined to not worry about what is bad or good other than what they can enjoy at this moment.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Alright, enough of this grilling sacgamer25 for his beliefs. Everyone has his own way of personal fellowship with God, including you two nuts, so why attack sacgamer25's views?

See, this is why I stick SOLELY with scripture (English scripture mind you) to answer questions. Then if you don't like the answer, you are rebelling against God and His Bible, not me.

---------sacgamer25: If you are willing, I would like to show you a few things about the NIV bible that attacks the very basic of Christians principles. You may be shocked
Your "brothers" you translate other bibles may not be brothers at all......

Always remember Satan's words...."Yay, hath God said?"

(which just so happen to be the words of many users in this thread
)
edit on 27-12-2011 by KJV1611 because: i can

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611
reply to post by jmdewey60

Alright, enough of this grilling sacgamer25 for his beliefs. Everyone has his own way of personal fellowship with God, including you two nuts, so why attack sacgamer25's views?

See, this is why I stick SOLELY with scripture (English scripture mind you) to answer questions. Then if you don't like the answer, you are rebelling against God and His Bible, not me.

---------sacgamer25: If you are willing, I would like to show you a few things about the NIV bible that attacks the very basic of Christians principles. You may be shocked
Your "brothers" you translate other bibles may not be brothers at all......

Always remember Satan's words...."Yay, hath God said?"

(which just so happen to be the words of many users in this thread
)
edit on 27-12-2011 by KJV1611 because: i can

I don't believe that he is grilling me for my beliefs. What his is doing is putting my beliefs on trial. As you should all put mine and your own on trial. My beliefs will stand up to trial because my beliefs are not my own but those of the father.

You see he understands exactly what I am saying and what I am saying is a contradiction. And because he can see what I am saying I have responded to him on another thread about the foundation of my faith.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

If what you are saying is true, then you should not be on this forum posting opinions on religion.
That is what does not make sense. If you are evil and you will be severely punished for giving false testimony and you are currently incapable of giving true testimony , then why are you testifying?
You need to (in my opinion) realize you are a human being like everyone else and there is not this exalted position on earth above others which Jesus is holding out for you if you could just achieve perfection first.

In many ways you are correct. I am not ready to be a teacher.

I am glad my brother that you understand what I am saying. I promise that in no way do I see what God has given me as anything more than what I asked for. Honestly when I prayed for interpretation I didn’t even understand what I was praying for. I am no better than anyone else. If I did anything of my own power it was only faith. God has done the rest. It is because I believe that God lives in me that I am humble. I am incapable of doing anything great on my own. If I ever doing anything that changes the lives of men it will not be me at work but God at work through me.

So to your point about why I am here. You see some of the struggles I have are with my reactions. So in an online forum you do not see my reactions. You do not see the look on my face when I don’t agree with someone. So I can hide behind a veil that protects you from the areas that I lack. This forum is a perfect place for me because all types of believers post here. I do believe that the Holy Spirit has lead me here.

I do believe that I have a knowledge that may have been hidden in plain site for a long time. Given to me by God not because I am any better, smarter, or more righteous than anyone else. Simply because it was his will to choose me.

Posting online challenges me. It makes me study the bible with even more fervor than before. In my job I drive almost 2 hours a day and I only listen to the bible. I talk to my kids about God until they tell me enough. I put them to sleep every night with the bible playing putting them to sleep. Not one of these desires is mine but they are the will of my father. So I listen to the Holy Spirit and it gives me a hunger for knowledge.

I am ready to share that knowledge with my friends, family and sometimes, even though it is taboo, with some of the people I work with. So you see that I feel comfortable sharing my knowledge, with those I love and also with other believers online.

So you see having you and others question what I am saying builds me up. I do read and reread all my posts to ensure that I have kept anger and self righteousness out of my posts. And even so sometimes I slip. So if I slip even after reading my own post then I know I am not quite ready to teach someone face to face. Also the veil online gives me time to research when someone posts a question that I do not have the answer for right on the top of my head. Where as in conversation I would simply have to say I don’t know.

Most of the questions that stump me come from avid church goers. And it not so much the question that stumps me it is how do I show them that what they say does indeed contradict the message of Christ.

I do pray for you my brother that my posts on God’s will reaches you with ears ready to hear and an open heart ready to receive.

Always with love and may God's will be done on earth as it is in heaven.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Well you should research, or whatever it is you do, that being the advantage to doing things on-line.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Sooooooo, you want to dive into the wild world of English bible translations or not? Be forewarned, this can change your whole view of Christianity.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

I am more than happy to go down this path. I have already taken many adventures down this path, so I am delighted by the adventure. But if I do not reply to you soon it is because I have taken my adventrue to a park with my child.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

The bible, cover to cover, and yes I know you already have issues with that. But I do believe that God loved us enough to tell a complete story that he preserved in one book.

new topics

top topics

<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join