It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Administrator on UFOs and alien life : "rewrite textbooks" soon (VIDEO)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Well there is nothing news in this topic. NASA says we have no alien life found yet, we believe but we didn't found yet. Edgar Mitchell says I have evidence that alien life is here, but I am cowardly going to hide the evidence. And we all know that there has to be alien life in the universe somewhere and we just have to wait until NASA or other space agency and scientists discover alien life. No news here. I think as the majority of people in the world think that in the coming 50 years we will discover alien life. That is no news, but the real impact will be were they also here in ancient times and did they influenced us and our religion. That will have a huge impact.

And about rewriting the textbooks. The text book are rewritten continuously there are discoveries in science made I think each week. So no news here. This is something what we and majority of people on the streets already know. But however a good find!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
well what if i was to say that nasa themselves are aliens and they are covering up the alien presence on earth,would that make more sense?.
E.T's are capable of impersonating humans you do know.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
The evidence in video:

The Jerusalem "hoax" video

And this NASA how to make a UFO

Not helping me trust when this is the best evidence they can show...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi

This copy of the footage ends with the NASA Administrator stating that "I have no doubt, you know, about things that will be discovered in the next year or so that will help us CONTINUE TO rewrite text books".

I think those couple of additional words are fairly significant...

Hi IsaacKoi, may I ask you why you think that those couple of additional words of him are fairly significant?

Charles Bolden also comments in the video, rather diplomatically, upon the statements made by Edgar Mitchell.

This is what he said in that video about the statements made by Edgar Mitchell.

Ed Mitchell is a big believer in extraterrestrials, and as you and I talked about before, I am one who because of my faith I believe that there is "very likely" other life somewhere in the universe, I don’t have any evidence to back that up.
But Edgar, Edgar is who to the contrary of my observations actually claims to have evidence that extraterrestrials exist.

Here is a another diplomatic NASA reaction on what Edgar Mitchell said about such things.

Nasa Response re: Edgar Mitchell interview on Kerrang Radio

Posted by GRIDKEEPER | 23 juli 2008

edit on 21/3/11 by spacevisitor because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
They've been here since 1944
The Event

OK all joking aside. Wow change the textbooks really? That's some heavy #!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I believe they are visiting us and have been for along time. Hopefully disclosure will come soon!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
ive seen these videos posted on ats before i think nasa will slowly release more and more info in the future only a matter of time IMO they are slowly prepairing the public for aliens in your local walmart taking ur jobs

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
This copy of the footage ends with the NASA Administrator stating that "I have no doubt, you know, about things that will be discovered in the next year or so that will help us CONTINUE TO rewrite text books".

So what do they know that will be discovered or disclose in the next year or so that will help us CONTINUE TO rewrite text books".

That ELENIN comet is something else black SUN

and that it has a few planet coming along maybe source of the increasing number of UFO
edit on 21-3-2011 by Trillium because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101
reply to post by IsaacKoi

well the anchor starts off bad doesn't he? "54 planets capable of supporting life" - nobody from nasa or the kepler team said that.

Then he jumps from talking about exoplanets to UFOs? and shows the Jarusalem hoax

Back to the NASA guy who really sticks his neck out and says he "believes there could be other life in the universe" WOW ground brealking statement there / end sarcasm
You would be hard pressed to find a scientist who doesn't believe there could be life elsewhere in the universe.

so was it a slow news day or what? this news report told us nothing new at all, and mixed the subjects of life existing elsewhere and ETI visiting earth. Terrible just terrible.

Have to agree with this. The title of this thread was sensationalist. The NASA administrator did not say anything that anyone at NASA wouldn't say. The re-writing books quote is referring to the discovery of microbial alien life, not ETI. Sure, it would re-write biology textbooks, but it would not change anyones life in any meaningful way.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacevisitor

I think those couple of additional words are fairly significant...

Hi IsaacKoi, may I ask you why you think that those couple of additional words of him are fairly significant?

Sure. Basically, the point in my OP was that NASA's Administrator was being (mis)quoted as saying that he believed in UFOs and that be believed that textbooks would have to be rewritten in the next year or two. In particular, in one quote the words "continue to" were omitted from his actual remarks that we will continue to rewrite text books.

The omitted words that I highlighted in the OP showed that he was talking about developments in our knowledge and understanding about possible evolution of life elsewhere in the Universe, not some sudden radical Disclosure of the existence of alien visitors to Earth.

All the best,

Isaac
edit on 21-3-2011 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
If aliens have visited us before they must the technology to travel faster than light or maybe through wormholes.
The reason why we generally think aliens couldn't have visited us is because we compare them to our level of technology which is an absurd thing to do!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

(I guess the whole SETI project was a deliberate waste of money.)

Hasn't it been?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Secularist
no advanced race capable of traveling through space is going to really care about a species as utterly retarded as the human race.

LOL, but what if they were going to enslave us? wouldn't a backwards species such as Humans be easy picking for a slave race?

food for thought. I believe if you did some research into
crop circles,
UFO sightings
the Ra Material found (Here)
Cassiopaean Transcripts located (Here)
And just read them with an open mind. you may be convinced otherwise.
Just some of this stuff is so accurate it could not have come from a human mind.

peace.
edit on 21-3-2011 by uselesshobo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
the problem is if the government admits ufo's are real then, all the accounts of alien abductions and genetic experiments are true.

then the government would have to admit that they are powerless to protect you from these invasions, and the world would be in a panic.

worse, it would have to admit or deny that reports of technology exchange for non-interference to alien abductions are true.

this could lead to massive billion dollar lawsuits against the government, the corporations that benefited and military defence contractors.

and criminal charges to the government officials invovled. kidnapping is a felony. selling permission to kidnap an american citizen for experimentation is beyond criminal.

it is disgusting, the last straw and definite proof that the rule of law, justice and democracy have died in america.

edit on 21-3-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

If they admit its true, yes there will still be a cover up with the abductions and tech exchange.

The gov will just say;

1) "We can neither confirm or deny it !"
2) "We dont know anything about that."

Alls the same, just they admitted they are true.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Mitchell has said countless times however that he has no first hand knowledge of this, everything he believes, he's read or heard others talk about .. much the same as all of us, he's just someone who firmly believes and who has some serious education behind him.

Nobody has said definitively that aliens are around and have seen the proof that has credibility .. but plenty with credibility have said they believe it..

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Im sorry but this thread is a bit pointless.Someone from nasa saying aliens are real is no more note worthy than a tramp on the street saying aliens are real.Unless your a total mindless moron, the fact that we are not alone in the universe should be a given.I for one do not need people in official positions making my mind up about this subject but the sad fact is that 99% of cowardly fad driven public do.He doesn't think they are visiting earth, well he is wrong, FACT!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Secularist
Honestly, no advanced race capable of traveling through space is going to really care about a species as utterly retarded as the human race.

I beg to differ. It is precisely the retardedness of the human race that you speak of that would be the reason aliens would be extremely interested in us. We are a civilization where our science has far outpaced our morals. As Tom Robbins said, we are "monkeys with bombs". A civilization like ours that cares only about sucking its own planet dry of natural resources while constantly engaging in barbaric warfare and unchecked scientific destruction would be closely monitored by aliens, imo, in order to prevent us from traveling too far outside their own little bubble and causing havoc elsewhere.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Allegory of Illumination
I'm watching both videos right now, I thank you for posting...

I love how 3 months ago and further in the past, all Nasa's people would adamantly say "No we're alone"

Now Nasa is subtly saying yes.....

Very interesting the contradictory accounts

BTW Dr. Ed Mitchell is the man, The Way of the Explorer is a great read.
edit on 21-3-2011 by Allegory of Illumination because: Touch up

Can you point me to where NASA said 3 months ago......"No we are alone"

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
anti-gravity is real....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join