It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Administrator on UFOs and alien life : "rewrite textbooks" soon (VIDEO)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
In the last few hours, several copies of a video have appeared on Youtube with the following titles:

"NASA ADMINISTRATOR CHARLES BOLDEN SAYS UFO'S & ALIENS ARE REAL (MARCH 2011)"

"NASA ADMINISTRATOR: U.F.O.s ETs very possible! -MARCH 2011"

"NASA Administrator admits to Aliens Existing, but not here visiting"

The video includes footage of the new International Director of MUFON (Clifford Clift). It also includes Edgar Mitchell (the sixth man to walk on the moon when he was part of Apollo 14) stating "There is no doubt we're being visited".

The video also features the NASA Administrator, Charles Bolden, stating that:

I believe there is good potential for other life in our universe

and that he considers it "very likely" that there is other life somewhere in the universe

(This is, of course, quite different to stating that he considered it likely that UFO sightings are caused by visiting aliens, although several of the titles of relevant videos and discussions on the Internet may imply otherwise...).

Charles Bolden also comments in the video, rather diplomatically, upon the statements made by Edgar Mitchell.

The first of the above copies of the video has a transcript of the segment.

That transcript ends with the following:

www.youtube.com...

It's Clift's belief that the final answers are coming soon with disclosure. After talking with Charles Bolden, he seems it's not a matter of if we find out, it's a matter of when. Bolden said, "I have no doubt about things that will be discovered in the next year or so that will help us rewrite text books."

However, the various copies of the video that have appeared on Youtube during the last few hours end before the relevant part of the purported transcript.

I've tracked down an earlier (and fuller) copy of relevant footage at the link below:

This copy of the footage ends with the NASA Administrator stating that "I have no doubt, you know, about things that will be discovered in the next year or so that will help us CONTINUE TO rewrite text books".

I think those couple of additional words are fairly significant...

All the best,

Isaac

edit on 21-3-2011 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I'm watching both videos right now, I thank you for posting...

I love how 3 months ago and further in the past, all Nasa's people would adamantly say "No we're alone"

Now Nasa is subtly saying yes.....

Very interesting the contradictory accounts

BTW Dr. Ed Mitchell is the man, The Way of the Explorer is a great read.
edit on 21-3-2011 by Allegory of Illumination because: Touch up

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Good to see that some form of general disclosure is coming to light.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Allegory of Illumination

can you provide us the source who said this?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Ive always believed in extraterrestrial life but having said that, I think all these UFO stories are total [SNIP] Honestly, no advanced race capable of traveling through space is going to really care about a species as utterly retarded as the human race. If we can actually travel through space like nomads one day without religion wiping us out, or yellowstone, or global warming, or w/e else, ill be very surprised.

These are all missiles, flares, tests, etc. Roswell for example, a very fine example of the publics wrongful perception. Had they known the year before that happened that the U.S. made a deal with Japan's General Shiro Ishii to not prosecute him at a war crimes tribunal in exchange for all of Japans bio-chemical data and human experimentation studies they conducted during the Sino-Japanese and second World War theyd understand that the 'Roswell UFO' was really a model make of the Japanese weather balloons they were going to float over the U.S. (and actually had already they just did not detonate at the right altitudes to fill them with bio chemical weapons) to wage bio war on us, and the Soviets.

We should look for rational explanations first and then when the evidence is overwhelming that aliens are piloting these UFOs, jump to that conclusion. Until then, chalk it up to military projects. This is floating over Jerusalem. Obviously, its Israel's military... Its these kind of premature leaps to make reason of whats floating over our heads that make most people chuckle at any rational discussion people have about alien life.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

edit on 3/21/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Thanks IsaacKoi -

Enjoyed that final clip. Certainly seems like there is movement towards some kind of 'reveal',
but perhaps that's just me hoping so. As someone who has experienced a variety of ufo sightings, I try to keep up with the latest mainstream news bits on the topic. Not that I need anyone to confirm that the stuff I've seen is very hard to explain.

Cheers -

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

well the anchor starts off bad doesn't he? "54 planets capable of supporting life" - nobody from nasa or the kepler team said that.

Then he jumps from talking about exoplanets to UFOs? and shows the Jarusalem hoax

Back to the NASA guy who really sticks his neck out and says he "believes there could be other life in the universe" WOW ground brealking statement there / end sarcasm
You would be hard pressed to find a scientist who doesn't believe there could be life elsewhere in the universe.

so was it a slow news day or what? this news report told us nothing new at all, and mixed the subjects of life existing elsewhere and ETI visiting earth. Terrible just terrible.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

This thread is very sensationalistic... While you managed to quote that Bolden said that he believes there are other lifeforms around, you failed to include what he said RIGHT after... "I just don't have any evidence to back that up".

Who the hell doesn't believe these days that there are other life forms somewhere around here?

So to be very specific... Bolden does NOT confirm that aliens exist. He merely states that he believes they do...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by flice
Who the hell doesn't believe these days that there are other life forms somewhere around here?

Bolden does not say he believes that there are other life forms somewhere "around here" - he says he believes that there is likely to be other life somewhere in the Universe. The Universe is a pretty big place. Bolden has not said he thinks any aliens are in our neighbourhood.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Secularist
Honestly, no advanced race capable of travelling through space is going to really care about a species as utterly retarded as the human race.

Speak for yourself,I`m sure there are lots of different reasons that an an advanced species
would visit earth.....the vast and different life forms,plants a fauna,the abundance of water,
and of course our kick ass rock`n`roll

seriously though don`t be tarring everyone with the same brush,we are all different!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

This is really a nonevent, just regurgitated words from Edgar Mitchell. And to top it all off the news agency used a hoaxed video in their segment.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101
Then he jumps from talking about exoplanets to UFOs? and shows the Jarusalem hoax

Conflating the issue of whether UFO report are caused by aliens visiting Earth with the issue of whether alien life exists somewhere in the Universe is pretty much a daily occurrence here on ATS, so I don't think a reporter can be overly criticised for doing the same thing...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Allegory of Illumination
I'm watching both videos right now, I thank you for posting...

I love how 3 months ago and further in the past, all Nasa's people would adamantly say "No we're alone"

Allegory, try moving towards reality. What you "love" is a fantasy. NASA's people
never said that adamently or otherwise, you merely imagined it, and made it 'true' for you.

Back here on Earth, evidence shows otherwise. But enjoy the view.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Step by step...
Day by day...
Thread by thread...
MSM report by MSM report...
Movie by Movie..

It's all a psy-op.

We needed to be afraid of communism, then Germans, then Japanese, then Germans again, then Russias, now "Islamic Terrorists"... next???

Aliens.
edit on 21-3-2011 by CanadianDream420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by flice

It's not just 'these days' -- the common view among scholars for centuries is that other life, even other intelligent life, probably inhabited other worlds. It was the 'default theory'. It's not something that modern ufology has accomplished against neanderthal opposition.
edit on 21-3-2011 by JimOberg because: typo

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Edgar Mitchell is a sniveling coward and does what he's told. Off camera he's an a--hole to the commoner, and he's just like Buzz Aldren and loves the sensationalism of the alien fascination in culture, it's all just the mainstream versions of the real stories, which are never what mainstream tells us. There were empires bigger than Rome, discoverers of America before Columbus, the history we've all been taught is tainted and distorted.... so is the entire NASA - aliens - moon landings BS stories.
The real truth is hidden in the open and never spoken of publicly.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
NASA Administrator: "The difference between Edgar and I is...ya la ya la...( I STILL NEED TO COME TO WORK EVERYDAY AND HE'S OFF THE HOOK !!! )"
edit on 21-3-2011 by TinkererJim because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I didn't hear anything in the video about him saying UFOs are real. He said he believe life out there is possible.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I think the general public are being 'warmed up' to the fact that aliens exist - drip drip drip of information to make sure the religious fanatics etc don't lose it

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Allegory of Illumination

All "NASA's people?" Even Carl Sagan from the JPL? I'm afraid you will need to provide some citations if you are going to make such a strange statement. (I guess the whole SETI project was a deliberate waste of money.)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join