It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Administrator on UFOs and alien life : "rewrite textbooks" soon (VIDEO)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
If you watch carefully on the part with the first guy in his second interview face-to-face, right as he just started saying again that he didn't see anything up there in space, he looks to his left. Looking in that direction when telling a story usually means that person is LYING. Psychology will be back me up on that.

Nuff said. ETs/UFOs are real.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skate
If you watch carefully on the part with the first guy in his second interview face-to-face, right as he just started saying again that he didn't see anything up there in space, he looks to his left. Looking in that direction when telling a story usually means that person is LYING. Psychology will be back me up on that.

LOL,,,,,,that is your argument?......the guy looks to his left!....ergo....ET's are real?

What would have happened if he had looked to his right?

deny ignorance......think before you post!
edit on 21/3/2011 by Argyll because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Secularist
Ive always believed in extraterrestrial life but having said that, I think all these UFO stories are total bullsh/it. Honestly, no advanced race capable of traveling through space is going to really care about a species as utterly retarded as the human race. If we can actually travel through space like nomads one day without religion wiping us out, or yellowstone, or global warming, or w/e else, ill be very surprised.

These are all missiles, flares, tests, etc. Roswell for example, a very fine example of the publics wrongful perception. Had they known the year before that happened that the U.S. made a deal with Japan's General Shiro Ishii to not prosecute him at a war crimes tribunal in exchange for all of Japans bio-chemical data and human experimentation studies they conducted during the Sino-Japanese and second World War theyd understand that the 'Roswell UFO' was really a model make of the Japanese weather balloons they were going to float over the U.S. (and actually had already they just did not detonate at the right altitudes to fill them with bio chemical weapons) to wage bio war on us, and the Soviets.

We should look for rational explanations first and then when the evidence is overwhelming that aliens are piloting these UFOs, jump to that conclusion. Until then, chalk it up to military projects. This is floating over Jerusalem. Obviously, its Israel's military... Its these kind of premature leaps to make reason of whats floating over our heads that make most people chuckle at any rational discussion people have about alien life.

Try not to be so pessimistic. Everyones gotta start somewhere right? We can't just be perfectly moral beings off the bat !. Its our Nature GET REAL

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by HenryPatrick

Originally posted by Secularist
Honestly, no advanced race capable of traveling through space is going to really care about a species as utterly retarded as the human race.

I beg to differ. It is precisely the retardedness of the human race that you speak of that would be the reason aliens would be extremely interested in us. We are a civilization where our science has far outpaced our morals. As Tom Robbins said, we are "monkeys with bombs". A civilization like ours that cares only about sucking its own planet dry of natural resources while constantly engaging in barbaric warfare and unchecked scientific destruction would be closely monitored by aliens, imo, in order to prevent us from traveling too far outside their own little bubble and causing havoc elsewhere.

Well said my friend, this is what most of us can agree on i'm sure. If Aliens are observing us they obviously don't want to destroy us they just want to gather data observe and maybe contain us.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
Mitchell has said countless times however that he has no first hand knowledge of this, everything he believes, he's read or heard others talk about .. much the same as all of us, he's just someone who firmly believes and who has some serious education behind him.

Nobody has said definitively that aliens are around and have seen the proof that has credibility .. but plenty with credibility have said they believe it..

This is an important distinction. A lot of people around here seem to put a lot of faith in figures of authority when they claim aliens are real and visiting us. What people need to recognize is that making bold claims without evidence doesn't mean anything; even if they may be right. If Einstein claimed the ultimate speed in the universe is the speed of light without providing any evidence, would anyone listen to him? No, because your qualifications does not make the claims you make exempt from scrutiny.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
You should hop on over to my Thread it coincides with this thread somewhat. New Estimate of 2 billion Earths in our Galaxy

This is Straight from NASA FOLKS !!!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 21-3-2011 by XRaDiiX because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Between all the tv shows, commercials, movies, music lyrics/videos, NASA coming out with stuff like this, the Ambassador for Alien Lifeforms that was appointed earlier this year by the United Nations, and all the other leaks from various CIA figures, politicians, military personnel, and now astronauts......its only a matter of time before some breaking news happens and our whole society and world changes.

Ive done a lot of research on time travel and have spoken to many people who claim to have traveled time. Most of their stories vary about their experiences, but one thing that i heard more than a few times from these self pro-claimed "time travelers" is the alien invasion that they witness at the end of 2012 that goes on for 5 months into 2013. I know it seems far fetched but these people that i spoke with or read articles on have all never met each other yet still have the same story. Just seems odd to me......

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I believe it is too soon to try this again. It was tried in the past and failed. Failed for a reason. the human species was not ready. The genetic predisposition towards violence, god worship and unchecked egos were a few of the reasons why it was decided to allow "maturity" to set in. Growth comes slowly for some.

Look at it this way, how would you feel about a new group of individuals moving into your neighborhood or town that then decided they had the 'divine' right to be there. Even if they were invited they believe that they should have full rights to all governance and knowledge. This is a group that in the past has preformed genocide, looked down on and oppressed others because they were 'different'. Allowed narcissistic tendencies of I am right, I deserve the best and I have no concern for others to become a lifestyle for those in control. To watch their own suffer when it wouldn't really take that much to show compassion through distribution of food and medical treatment.

While much has been accomplished, It isn't quite time. But I am not a decider. More work needs to be done. the hard part is hopefully over. Knowledge is shared. 'Enlightenment' comes slowly, but it comes. the next few years will show true natures. And please note, a world governing body may be necessary.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
What we don't understand is the other dimensions, i.e. the 4th and 5th, there could be a whole array of things visiting us. Also, If we can build it, we are gonna test it out. If we build a "space ship" it's gonna be put to use. Therefore in my mind, someone else in the Galaxy is going to do the same thing. Another big point, imagine if you traveled through space and came across a planet that was less advanced than you. That would be amazing, you would have total control.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Does anybody have the links to the video of Dr. Edgar Mitchell speaking at that press conference in the OP video please i don't think i have seen that before, would like to listen/watch that

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Have you guys read Dark Mission? It's totally related to this. Proof that NASA knows what's going on. I Highly recommend it!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by DocWicked

What are some important things the book mentions?!?!

Maybe I'll read the book...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
It includes theories about NASA covering up the existence of ET. NASA hiding the truth about alien artifacts found on the moon and mars, as well as the significance of when NASA plans space missions. Also some interesting info about freemasonic rituals performed in space. It's a good read.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll

LOL,,,,,,that is your argument?......the guy looks to his left!....ergo....ET's are real?

Psychology dude. There are MANY ways people can tell if somebody is lying whether it be the way they look when they're talking, facial impressions, shaking legs, etc.. Look it up. Here's a link:

How To Tell If A Person Is Lying.

If the guy I was talking about definitely saw something while he was in space, then he would have been told to not say anything about it. So when he was asked, he said he didn't see anything. Every time I watch somebody tell something about their self, I try to notice anything that they do that matches up with psychology and stuff like that says about lying. And in a lot of cases, that stuff is usually what gets people in trouble when lying while detained by police for questioning. This whole thing can play a huge deal if people would pay attention to this matter while watching people tell their stories of abductions and UFO encounters to people. There have been some liars but there have also been people who pass their polygraph tests over UFOs and showed no signs of lying with body expressions as well.

Just thought I'd let you know. Enjoy that link. Google is really useful at times.

edit on 22-3-2011 by Skate because:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
^ what he said.

The eyes left/right thing is a well known psychology/body language fact.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I watched both videos but haven't read any posts past the first page. I am just not seeing anywhere in those videos where he were to say that aliens/Ufo's exist. It's kinda like your putting words in his mouth. He also said in the next year we will be discovering things that will change our textbooks. Well I certainly hope so. We should be constantly discovering new things. I'm no skeptic though. I believe there is life elsewhere in the universe. They just haven't discovered us yet.

Peace

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Well... where is NASA, a scientific organization is here saying something? If to be serious, this is just an expression of personal belief by director of NASA. But this is not scientific statement. So this have no weight for science. They believe. Ok, I believe too. So what? It's personal thing.

Regarding of rewriting of textbooks - nobody is talking about aliens here. Yes, if they will find microbes or something like that, they will rewrite textbooks. But this is not about extraterrestrial intelligence. Forget about it.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll

deny ignorance..
learn about human psychology.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by markymint & Ahmose

Thank you!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi

Originally posted by spacevisitor

This copy of the footage ends with the NASA Administrator stating that "I have no doubt, you know, about things that will be discovered in the next year or so that will help us CONTINUE TO rewrite text books".

I think those couple of additional words are fairly significant...

Hi IsaacKoi, may I ask you why you think that those couple of additional words of him are fairly significant?

Sure. Basically, the point in my OP was that NASA's Administrator was being (mis)quoted as saying that he believed in UFOs

Thanks for answering my question.

It’s clear to me that you did prove your point, so that the NASA's Administrator was indeed being (mis)quoted as saying that he believed in UFOs.

The omitted words that I highlighted in the OP showed that he was talking about developments in our knowledge and understanding about possible evolution of life elsewhere in the Universe, not some sudden radical Disclosure of the existence of alien visitors to Earth.

Oke, now I understand your saying.

Thanks again.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join