It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumbling noise being heard around the world...report here...

page: 68
<< 65  66  67    69  70  71 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Hello,
I read here a lot, but never subscribed yet.
Yesterday i heard some strange sounds by myself, so i guess it was time to sign in.

Sounds are recorded in Belgium. They were constant on from around 23:40 until 00:10.
It's recorded quiet, so make sure to put the volume up high!!
In reality it sounded really loud, I could hear it easily indoor with all doors and windows closed!!
My gf woke up by the sound!
The sound was really scary, sort of a screaming sound, can't think what it could be.
I also heard some police siren at some moments.
After 00:10 it was quiet again. But a bit later when I was in bed i heard it again for a few short periods.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Sunlight

Dude, very scary stuff. I've only ever heard that type of thing during a hurricane/cyclone/typhoon.

Any flash of light in the sky at all?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
No flashes of light.
Very dark sky, no stars, but that can be because of clouds..
It was a bit windy as you can see in the clip, but it wasn't that hard to make sounds like that..

I live in a city with almost 60.000 people, more people must have heard it!! Only i heard nobody speaking about this yet..
I really don't know what it could be...

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Did the sound start and stop suddenly or just die off? That was freaky, ask your neighbors if they heard it?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I don't know how it started, i was inside.
First I thought it were some people screaming.. but it didn't go away, so i went outside to check it out.
It was impossible to locate where the sounds came from... and it was not screaming people
In the end it just die off.

We don't really have contact with neighbours... citylife i guess...
But i'll try to ask some friends!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Lilymonster

Not what I heard.

What I heard was closer to this:
www.youtube.com...

It was like a rumbling truck. Direction seemed to be wherever I wanted to think it was. When I first heard it, I thought it was a truck in the driveway probalby 20 feet away. When I went outside I swore it was under the house. Then I realized it was pretty much everywhere.

It sounded nearby and far. It was eerie because you didn't know where.

I can't remember whether the sound died fast or slow or all at once.

My personal opinion is it was a special kind of thunder. I remember hearing reading somewhere that somebody in a neighboring state heard it. And there were thunder storms in the neighboring state. I think it's some kind of effect that carries the sound over a long distance.

Btw, I heard it sometime between march and may. I heard it after I heard the florida sound. The florida sound video was posted in march. What I heard was not much longer after.

I remember thinking that it sounded just like the florida video clip.

Somebody mentioned that this sound is atmospheric ducting. Very interesting:
www.answers.com...

That's a rationale explanation.

Here is a link that describes it further:
wattsupwiththat.com...
ed it on 6-9-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I found one on youtube very simular to mine!!

Listen first to mine above on this page

And after that, this one:

The sound I heard was as loud as in this other video!!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Which city do you live in? I have relatives in Antwerp but they haven't reported anything strange yet.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by nusnus

Which city do you live in? I have relatives in Antwerp but they haven't reported anything strange yet.

I'll PM you

-> it isn't working
edit on 6-9-2011 by Sunlight because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Hello all,
Been lurking for awhile. Even though I've had strange things happen in my life, I believe I experienced an event that deserves documented.
I live in South West Florida. On Sunday, at 11:30 AM, My son and I were in the driveway trying to learn how to ride a bike without training wheels. (my son of course) Suddenly, we began to hear what sounded like microphone feedback but it was constant and did not change pitch. Instead, it became louder and louder. I was turning around and around trying to get a fix on the source but it seemed to be everywhere at once. It felt like we were being submerged in the sound itself!
Now my son has had speech issues all his life and my wife and I are the only ones that can tell what he's saying. I was starring up into the bright clear sky when my son came up to my leg real close and said in PERFECT speech, "Daddy, do you hear that?" I looked down in a confused way. "yes", I answered. Again, in perfect speech, he asked with fear in his voice, "What is it?" At this point, the high pitched sound was so loud, I was starting to feel ill.
Then my son said, (perfectly) "We have to go in now!" And began to run to the house. We live on 2.5 acres and I can tell you my boy NEVER wants to come inside. I always have to chase him down and carry him back to the house with him fighting me every step and yet HE was demading we go in! As he ran away. I yelled, Why? What's wrong? He stopped and turned around and yelled "it;s hurting my ears!" My son wears hearing aids (hence the dpeech issues. As we made our way back, the sound began to fade and was gone by the time we reached our garage. It sounded like instead of the volume being turned down, I had the sense it was moving away from us, Even though it faded into the distance, it never seemed to be coming from one spot but still from everywhere. We went inside and my son regained his bad speech traits.
Just wanted share because it was very strange and this seems like the place to tell it.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by redeyestrain

Welcome to ATS redeyestrain

And wow! Your encounter gave me goosebumps! I hope that soon we will find out the who, what, and why regarding all these strange sounds.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Topic flagged, i lately listened to whole series of weird noises from all over the world and this is very interesting.
Some may say, we have aircrafts, helis, roadworks(!) recorded there, but, please...really?
--------

Originally posted by Deplume

I do have this, which is FAR from scientific. He messed around with the youtube vid at the bottom of this post, and isolated the rumbling noise in the background. Then cleaned the sample up, and did something to the pitch and speed, because apparently human vocals are within a certain 'range' (I'm not a musician, or a scientist, and don't profess to be either) This has not been tampered with in any way, except for the isolation/cleanup/pitch/speed..this is the result of what we've done so far..

Link---> 50% version

You know, that's most weird thing i could..expect.
This sounds like speech of intelligent being, but not human, for sure.
Seriously creepy.
As long-term listener to Noise/industrial(NOT EBM) music i thought i am resistant to creepy sounds, but this..
What the hell?

Which video was it taken from?
upd: ahh i found it..

For some reason i am thinking about Earth as ...receiver, suddenly.
Imagine this, wouldn't this be original method of saying: "we are there?" or "do you hear us?"
No agency would keep this from secret, perfect method for message release.
Of course i am aware, that we do have different contents in different videos/records - industrial noises, humming noises, etc etc,
i am talking about this specific case.
----
General thought:
Main problem in whole topic of "noises" is one thing: it is quite easy to "generate" misleading material of such type, unfortunately - you know, creepy sound, record that's not giving slightest idea, if it's just noise music from hifi set standing in authors room, etc etc. I am afraid, that we may experience whole lots of faked ones soon...
Thing's hard to confirm, unless there are more records from certain area made at same time, with multiple witnesses.
Just loose thoughts.

upd: ahh one more thing:

Somebody mentioned that this sound is atmospheric ducting.

There's one catch: why we did not hear birds, motocycles, screaming kids, choose any common sound(what would be more..logical), but...such..noises?
Hmm.

upd2: that one is seriously WEIRD one(i am commenting this one as xoen6 now there, trying to get more info). I took this one as fake at start, but by watching it in fullscreen we can see that other people are hearing sound too.

do not mistake this one with "Strange sound in Lviv" which is inspired by..one above, i suppose(we can even see...tripod-like sth there..).
edit on 7-9-2011 by potential_problem because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by redeyestrain

Good description....when I heard it, I could feel it...in my chest, like if you are at a concert standing near the speaker stacks....he probably felt that too.If you ever hear it again. please try to record it. There are more and more recordings on youtube every day. But it seems to be 3 distinct sounds.....the roar/rumble, the screeching/sucking electric static sound, and the "godzilla" sound.....sometimes they are all together. I have never heard the godzilla/trumpet type sound, but all 3 times I heard it, it was the roar rumle combined with the static elecrical buzz. I just say Godzilla sound
because that's what it sounds like.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by potential_problem

DAmmnn ! It sounds just like in the movie War Of The Worlds ! Freakky !

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Here's a brand new video, out today, from my home state.

sounds like God is bowling

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
NWPA checking in. Been hearing it consistently every night around 1-2 am for the past few days or so. Here, it is very distant, but it lasts for hours. I live in a city, have lived near railroads my entire life. This is similar in sound (comparable to a distant train or hovering helicopter), but is consistent and not anything I'm used to hearing. I was aware of this thread before I heard the noise. It sounds exactly the same as many videos that have already been posted. Eerie to finally hear it firsthand.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
But it seems to be 3 distinct sounds.....the roar/rumble, the screeching/sucking electric static sound, and the "godzilla" sound.....sometimes they are all together. I have never heard the godzilla/trumpet type sound, but all 3 times I heard it, it was the roar rumle combined with the static elecrical buzz. I just say Godzilla sound
because that's what it sounds like.

I just moved recently, but while living in Kansas City I heard the screeching/sucking electric static sound many nights. I always passed it off as me being half asleep or the fact that they were doing highway construction near my apartment (although I rarely saw them working at night). I guess in the end it could be those things, but it sounded like it was in my apartment rather than coming from a distance. It wasn't until I signed up on ATS that I've heard about all these sounds that correlated to something I passed off.

I'm still a skeptic. I'm not ready to chalk it up as paranormal or some HAARP lunacy, but it is certainly weird. I wish I heard the Godzilla sound as they were some of my favorite movies growing up.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

That sounds like the sheet metal wobbling sound I mentioned hearing! Thanks Berkeley

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I am in south western Virginia...it's 1:30 a.m. and there is this base sound vibrating through my house. I can feel and hear it. It's been going on about 20 minutes now. My cat is a bit freaked out by it as well.

I went on my back stairs, I can't tell where it's coming from. It's almost like it coming from every direction. It's in the sky and the ground - if that makes sense. I can't detect which it is...but it is disturbing, and it's bothering me!

Just wish I knew what the hell it was - and where it was originating from!

Editing to add: Tonight it sounds just the first video from the OP...it is really freaky (and still going on - it's been 20 minutes since my initial post).

edit on 19-9-2011 by summer5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Article that might be related found on MSNBC.com this morning.
Also I heard it for the second time in Boston, MA yesterday morning around 7am, it lasted about 10 minutes give or take.

MSNBC.com[ editby]edit on 19-9-2011 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 65  66  67    69  70  71 >>

join