It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumbling noise being heard around the world...report here...

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
its Ktulu* not chtulu

well today, was suposed to be any fo the leaking radiation to hit the west coast usa..but seems the noise is east coast related. i didnt wake up till 2 30 pm ( southwest CT) so didnt hear anything. we id have some, tiny amount fo snow on the ground, turned to rain and coldish out..like very early spring cold. cloudy grey clouds..
maybe those have something to do with it?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Notice how everyone is prefacing with "ok I live by a military base so i know what jets sound like" ,etc.? Doesn't that first part bother anyone? Any wonder where the $$$ goes?

Well I actually don't (thus I find it odd) but I did hear something. Seems to be concentrated generally in the mid atlantic plus ohio, I'm in Denver, western NC so the b-2 landing in the midwest is a decent explanation, except for I seem to remember those things being quiet for a jet and there's the florida video. I honestly can't remember when it happened except there was daylight, probably afternoon.

It sounded like that volcano video, but very brief. I wonder if it's something much more macabre? It came from beneath me and growled...yeah I know

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Just thought I would add that last night around 11pm central standard time, I heard this same rumbling for about 15 minutes. What was weird is, I came to check ATS, and what do you know, threads popping up on first page about this strange rumbling. Midwest here is location, anyway, weird to say the least.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Visiting ESB

I stumbled upon the story of the sounds in northern Florida and it really caught my attention because I live in Florida.

I live in South Florida and for well over 1-2 months now, while in my room late at night I hear what sounds like an airplane flying overhead. I live 10 minutes from an airport so it is not unusual to hear the quick passing by of a passenger airplane. What I found strange was the fact that when I do hear these sounds.. they last anywhere from 5-20 minutes
. I thought to myself maybe it is a plane but why would it sound as though it is right above the area of my home for such a long period of time?

At one point I even went outside and there was just nothing there but the loud rumbling type sound persisted. I could be wrong but reading this and listening to the sound in the video really sounded a lot like what I hear and I am now even more curious about finding out more about what this could be! Especially since it is happening in other places.

I thought id share this incase anyone else has been hearing things like this too.. this is really weird! Hopefully we can get more info soon.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I'm wondering if a solar flare could cause this phenomena, charged particles exciting air molecules resulting in the noise that can be heard, and the flash of light being a result of discharge once the wave of energy dissipated ?
Just a thought..

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I believe we are dealing with two different events occurring at the same time above/below and if you look at the map of the pins under water posted also look at a map of where Nuclear Power Plants are located on the East Coast.

I still think things will settle down for a bit, you are all working together doing a great job trying to find answers

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I also heard some similar low frequency rumbling last week. Sorry, I don't know the exact day or time anymore, but if i remember right it was dark outside, maybe late evening around 8 PM PST.

I am in Northern California, a couple hundred miles north of San Francisco, with direct view on the ocean. We had some thunderstorms in the last week which is highly unusual, but i remember going outside after i heard this strange noise but couldn't quiet locate where it was coming from. Could have been distant thunder from the mountains, but the sound was very long lasting (minutes) which seems too long for thunder.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TheShining

thats a good theory and makes sense to me more than anything else... its deff not airplanes or jets......here is my post from earlier today:

hello ive been coming on ATS for about two years but i never made an account but today i HAD to share my experience and make an account.. Today 3-21-2011 around 11:30am central (somerset county) NJ, i herd a very similar noise that's in this video. This noise woke me up (im a deep sleeper), but it sounded like a dump trucks tailgate slamming the back of the truck when they dump things and it also sounded like long thunder, its hard to explain the sound, it was not normal, i have never herd anything like this, but it must of been going on for atleast 30-60 min ...all i have to say is very strange and scary...what the hell is going on?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I don't think it's the Schumann Resonance. You'd think you could hear but it's at a frequency way below our hearing capabilities. It does have tones other than it's norm but never rises drastically enough to hear it. Also it seems that many are saying they're hearing the sound from below. The resonance doesn't come from inside the earth or the crust at all. It's in the space, or cavity between earth and the ionosphere that the Schumann Resonance exists.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
In an earlier posts some comparisons were made between the rumbling noise and the speaker noise of the alien's signal in the movie Contact. I posted the frequencies that Sagan had given in the book and suggested that the ETs had intercepted OUR broadcasts of that movie and were now here repeating that signal in trying to make contact because it seemed the way other aliens did it (if you believe movies).

That was a joke, of course, but in swilling my first and only beer, I mused on that consideration and began to wonder if it wasn't half right. Heaven knows (pun intended) that we have been given witness to the visible vessels of UFOs for over a half a century.

Suppose they have decided they are not getting enough attention and that too many people are stuck inside watching Jersery Shores, etc. So they start blowing their horns or otherwise trying to actually draw people out of their homes into the streets to stare up at them. Sort of a shock and awe tactic, you see. It was the UK sighting and sounds that tipped me on to that possibility. That sound, in that incident, was just impossibly annoying! No self-respecting alien would travel light years to honk at us in that manner. They just wouldn't! So I suggest that they switched to having loud exhaust pipes on their buggies for that deep, powerful macho sound and also that puts police siren feminine sound to shame.

And they just might be over-reveing their engines at us because of the little war that just started.

Any better guesses or fantasies floating around?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
topdocumentaryfilms.com...

related topic.

a must see!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

The lady gives her location away as Spring Hill Road, Walnut Grove Lane...look at what they live next to in this pic i took from Google Earth...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/312ae7f6e903.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by maestromason
topdocumentaryfilms.com...

related topic.

a must see!

edit on 21-3-2011 by xynephadyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by walltofloor

wht do they live next too? i see the comlex to the right,a nd holes in the ground.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

That complex is an airport...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I live in Beaverton Oregon. Last week i believe it was 3/16 at 9pm there was a bright flast of light followed by that sound you hear in the video. It was so loud it shook the house and the ground. At the time, my wife and I knew it wasnt thunder and lightning. It was only one flash and one long loud rumble. The next day, at least 3 other people i talked to saw the flash of light and heard the same thing, but they were 20 miles away in another city. Same time they heard it too, they described it as a bright flash of light followed by a sonic boom. What the hell is it? it scared the crap out of my dog and my kid.
edit on 21-3-2011 by barneyhill because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
There is a thing about air that people in the guitar business appreciate. Nothing sounds like real air. No matter how you try to emulate it or dissect it and put it in a box. My point being...if it sounds like air moving? It probably is.

Lets look at what we do know

1. It has been likened to the sound of a jet engine.

2. It has been likened to the low rumble of a train or thunder.

3. It lasted for a reasonable amount of time and was not momentary.

4. Was accompanied by a flash of light as it went away.

I dont wanna buy into the mass hysteria but I may have heard that sound late at night. I never payed it much mind before now cause I live in an area with very frequent trains. But I am pretty sure I have heard this almost continuous thunder like rumble. I think I have heard it outside before too. Its a very spooky kind of hypersonic sound sorta like when a jet just comes soaring overhead faster then sound and then behind it comes this piercing sonic sound.

I have saw theories on various forums from a cloaked mothership to stationary jet engine test on the ground to a harrier jump jet just hovering over the house.(try sleeping under a tin roof when it rains sometime lol)

BUT I seen ONE theory that was actually really scary..

What if that sound it the sound of earths atmosphere being sucked out into space???? For reasons unknown..........CERN??? I think it would sound very much like this yes.

I dont think this sound has anything to do with an earthquake though. As I said if it sounds like air it probably is air. Which is why I some what believe the post earlier about the stationary jet engine test.

If its a cloaked UFO it would have to be an alien dicking with us cause I cant see an alien race with a cloaking device on a mothership using rocket thrusters to levitate.

Well just my 2 cents....

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Visiting ESB

I have been researching many a topic for the last few months day and night. Starting with the poison Fluoride in our water, the calcification of our pineal gland, GMO's HAARP, SSSS, Pyramids, and it all comes back to one thing: Crystals, quartz crystals, everything that is communication, everything that is now comes from quartz crystals. I even saw a couple articles last night that they are beginning to see a direct correlation between these and earthquakes. Now as many have suggested that HAARP is capable of creating earthquakes and now crystals being another cause being researched by scientists let's start putting one and one and one together. HAARP supposedly would create tremors by pinpointing high energy into a fault line. Now what happens when energy, i.e. electricity, radio waves, frequencies, etc. are reflected off of crystals? They create sound and vibrations is what happens, the reason for why they are used in almost all communication: stereo receivers, watches, TV's etc. They have very unique qualities and even some mystical properties have been claimed over the years. Hmm, Now let's look back over the last few years or even sooner at locations of large earthquakes and find out how many of these locations are known to contain large crystal deposits underground. I can name one for sure as Chile has been known for years as having large crystal deposits and mining of these are a major industry there. Didn't they have a major earthquake last year, didn't they have a huge (near) disaster involving miners and didn't they all come out with big book deals, movie rights and $$ coming their way? More on the true secret of the Great Pyramids to come. I'm not seeing where my signature is Williamp

edit on 21-3-2011 by williamp because: looking for a way to put my signature

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I heard it last summer, around 10am in Pittsburgh, PA. I was sleeping in for once, until I heard what I thought was a helicopter hovering over my house. The room rattled and the engine sound stayed the same, and loud, but not "ear covering loud". So after like 3 minutes of this, I got curious and got out of bed. The sound stopped before I made it outside, and I saw nothing. Not even a distant sighting of plane or anything. I found it odd how "close" it felt, crystal rattling on my dresser, but didnt know who or what. Husband blew me off when I told him over the phone. It was nice weather then, so I am thinking somewhere between may-aug.

I do live near a county airport (about 20 minutes away by car). My neighborhood is very quiet, mostly seniors. All the houses are ranches. I also have a train track nearby, but it usually you dont hear a train till maybe 6:30pm and 2:30am, and honestly, I have become numb of that sound. It is also a rumor by my husband, that our neighborhood is above a mining area. I have never confirmed if that is true.
edit on 3/21/2011 by dragonspit because: added detail

edit on 3/21/2011 by dragonspit because: more details

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by horselady
I am staying by the airport in Kenner, LA and I heard it too. It sounded like long rumbling thunder that never stopped. I thought a tornado was coming. My dog woke me up barking and he was really scared and I was really nervous until it stopped. I was hoping someone else would bring it up on ATS.

Did you hear it last Friday? I'm in Chalmette.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join