It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumbling noise being heard around the world...report here...

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Get ready for a whole new flood of hoaxs videos because of this,

this would probably be the easiest thing to hoax being only a rumble noise, dont ask for videos of this please people!!

how will it prove anything??

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I tend to look for ordinary explanations first, but in this case it's clear to me there is a mystery going on. Even if the noises could be traced to tunneling, oil pumping, or any of the other perfectly reasonable explanations offered as sounding exactly like the noise -- why then would there suddenly be people all over the world hearing it for the first time?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by megaresistence
reply to post by WingedBull

dam your deff the troll on this thread.....he troll did you hear the noise? well i did and so did many other people....yes there are prob some people lieing about hearing this, but what i heard today was not normal, it was no plane, jet....it sounded like a huge dump trucks tailgate slamming the back of the truck and it also had a deep LONG thunder sound this was ongoing for 30-45 min i was so shocked by the sound that i didnt really pay attention to the clock....i have never heard anything like this in my 27 years, it was NOT normal something is going on and i think its coming from underground but thats just my theory...im a 2005 US army veteran i know how to observe things and see if its normal or not and what i heard today was sketch and not normal.

I know it was an odd sound unlike anything I have heard either.

So you heard it again today?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

dam your deff the troll on this thread...

Since when is the definition of a troll either a) someone who disagrees or b) someone who exercises common sense, doesn't dismiss explanations out-of-hand before hearing them, and doesn't panic and think the world is ending whenever they experience something strange?

he troll did you hear the noise? well i did and so did many other people....yes there are prob some people lieing about hearing this

I didn't say anyone was. You, like the other members I responded to, are having an unthinking knee-jerk reaction and assuming things that ever never said or even implied.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

That is different . That one goes pop pop pop pop pop pop pop and speeds up very fast . Like ram /scram tech.

Popping but muffled. Not snapping but a muffled pop sound.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Sounds more mechanical than natural to me. If she lives next to an airport, clearly that should be the prime suspect. It needn't necessarily be a jet engine - it could be a tool used in maintenance, or something malfunctioning.

The flash could be coincidental - or not. If they were working on a plane outside and lightening started, chances are they would stop what they were doing and cut the power for safety reasons. That could explain why the sound stops shortly after the flash.

If it is natural then I'm clueless. I've never heard any storm or tornado like it.
edit on 21-3-2011 by FOXMULDER147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by sepermeru
I tend to look for ordinary explanations first, but in this case it's clear to me there is a mystery going on. Even if the noises could be traced to tunneling, oil pumping, or any of the other perfectly reasonable explanations offered as sounding exactly like the noise -- why then would there suddenly be people all over the world hearing it for the first time?

A lot of the pumps have not been running due to the owners holding their commodities to sell untill the price is right. My father in law just last month put a rush on prepping two of his to get back in running order because the price is so high due to the middle east shemantics. These two wells are 18 miles apart. I can hear them running at night in my hometown but not during the day when you have traffic, birds, animals, horns etc...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by NewEmpire816

Yes exactely just lick that . like at a woofer or speaker design. A huge long acustical tunnel of very accurate diameter. Now you have a modulator at the end throwing off all sorts of freq's due to the blades that cut and scrat into the surfaces.

Bass tube lick. Ever go to a rock concert and leave with sore ears and a head ache.

Get it now....

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I have to admit that I haven't read all 25 pages on this thread, so I don't know if this has already been posted...but, in case it hasn't, there is something on this thread www.abovetopsecret.com...
which might explain the noises and the shaking. An excerpt from an article, quoted in the OP, describes how changes in the earth's core can cause geomagnetic flux, which can cause strange harmonic sounds to be heard.
edit on 21-3-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Visiting ESB

Message me and tell me more about these noises,this thread is oddly good,kinda weirds me out

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Isn't this what GOLDENFLEECE talked about on a pervious discussion with the Geomagnetic flux, this often a precursor to mighty quakes, is sometimes accompanied by strange harmonics and sounds like discordant music.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I live in North Eastern Pa. I didn't hear anything yesterday or today and my compass, which sits on my wooden windowsill pointing North hasn't changed at all.

Personally, I would probably freak out if all of a sudden my compass was off and I heard that noise! I would be looking for those aliens from War of the Worlds.

I did notice, however, a large amount of airplane "incidents" over the path of these noises????

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by WingedBull

Originally posted by walltofloor
reply to post by WingedBull

You know, you may be right. I'm thinking maybe a downed power line and the flash was the result of an arc. How do you live next to a tornado though if you don't mind me asking?

Oh hell, I meant to write "airport". I'll correct above. My brain was working faster than my fingers.

No worries. A common problem here on ATS

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Using my advanced internet search skills, here are the reports of the rumble that I've found thus far.

Shreveport to around Vidalia, Louisiana USA March 8, 2010
Kincardine, Ontario Canada August 8, 2008
Kincardine, Ontario Canada August 7, 2008
Rawalpindi, Islamabad - Pakistan June 30, 2008
Columbia, Missouri May 28, 2008
Burnt Ranch, California April 29, 2008
Indianapolis, IN USA April18, 2008
Indianapolis, IN USA April 18, 2008
Indianapolis, IN USA April 18, 2008  
Kokomo, IN USA April 17, 2008
Bridlington, UK March 26, 2008
Norfolk, UK (Norwich) March 20, 2008
Bridlington, UK March 26, 2008
New Madrid, Missouri USA March 5, 2008
Wilmington, North Carolina USA February 15, 2008
Cold Lake and Ardmore to Bonnyville , Canada January 29, 2008
Tulare County , CA USA January 15, 2008
Halkirk, UK November 21, 2007
Portsmouth, New Hampshire USA November 21, 2007
Brevard County, Florida USA April 11, 2007
Southern and Central Ohio USA February 14, 2007
Portland, Oregon USA March 13, 2006
SKOWHEGAN, Maine USA February 24, 2006
Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, England January 12, 2006
Marco Island, Florida USA April 28, 2005
Los Angeles County, USA April 6, 2005
Massachusetts, USA April 6, 2005
Saurashtra Region, India March 12, 2005
Union County, Arkansas February 25, 2005
California, USA October, 1955
California, USA October, 1955 T
ampa, Florida USA March 11, 2005
Winston-Salem, North Carolina USA March 6, 2005
Charleston, South Carolina USA December 13, 2004
Richmond, Virginia USA November 17, 2004
Fort Wayne, Indiana USA November 10, 2004
Norfolk, England November 8, 2004
Manatee County, Florida January 20, 2004
Southern Utah November 9, 2003
Watseka, Illinois, USA September 23, 2003
Lalpur and Jamnagar talukas, India September 3, 2003
South Carolina, USA July 2003
Manatee County, Florida June 19, 2003
Norfolk, England February 16. 2002
Coffee, Moore, Franklin and Lincoln counties, Tennesee January 14, 2003
Century, Perdido Key, Milton, Florida January 14, 2003
Canberra, Australia June 10, 2002
Brevard County & Palm Bay, Florida February 22, 2002
New York, New York February 19, 2002
Tuscumbia, Alabama February 15, 2002
Eyemouth, Scotland November 15, 2001
Fort Fisher, North Carolina 1850s
Ohio & North Carolina January 19, 2001
Twin Lakes, Arkansas January 1 & 2, 2001
Sydney, Australian December 26, 2000

link   
The Ohio sound is different than the Florida sound. The Ohio sound is more of a pulsating sound like a prolonged detonation of multiple explosives. The Florida sound is like a large volume of air rushing at high speed. I have external speakers with a sub and I can clearly hear a difference in the low sounds. What it is...I have no idea but I think I acurately described what I heard. IMO the Florida sound is much more distubing to my senses.
edit on 21-3-2011 by isitjustme because: spelling

link   
Maybe the sound has been distorted by going through the different layers of the atmosphere, and has become "unnatural"? are there any high clearance military people here, I need a question answered...What are the military's obligations towards the civilian public as pertaining to testing new technologies within the civilian sector? Every since TPTB atomically & toxically burned out their little playground in A-51, they have been moving their ops around the US.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
well. I guess my report goes in this thread.........I had nothing (vid/recording) as proof.......but in mid December 2010 I heard a noise much like the jet fighters going overhead, which they do because of the close proximity of AF bases. I hear the fighters and step out to see them, especially when they are going over in groups............anyway in Dec I heard that kind of sound so I went outside and heard this deep roaring rumble that stayed in one place (coming from over the Great Salt Lake it seemed) and it kept up for almost 15 minutes then just BAM was gone. Left a ringing in my ears........this happened about 3:20AM......it was NOT the jet fighters because the sound they make travels with them, and THIS weird rumble never changed direction or intensity.
I asked others about it but they all said they were sleeping.
I found it very weird however. VERY...............
edit on 21-3-2011 by theRiverGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
with such a wealth of different opinions and speculations i think i will hold off judgment for now on what is causing thins.

I am wondering if there is a google map showing where/when this event occurred/is occurring? it just seems logical to start one if not because of the time range that people have been experiencing this is a bit wide. just a thought. if there is a map can someone link it here or u2u me? searching google so far has yielded no results thanks!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Guys, I've been researching this phenomena and one thing is for sure, it's NOT NEW.
This has been going on for a while now, but definitely noticeable in the last few years.

Whats really disturbing, is that people are noticing it getting louder every year. Several years ago there was a "Unsolved Mysteries" episode about this, and how it was so hard to record because it was so faint.

No one quite tracked these events, it's too difficult.

Here we are in 2011.. and it's so loud they're showing up on youtube videos.

Just for the record, here are account of this happening years ago, all around the world: www.topix.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I'm not quite sure how to put this in terms.That sound,and some of the others I have heard in similiar videos sounds to me like air suction.What if space was encroaching into our atmosphere and opening up pockets?Would there be a sound?
edit on 21-3-2011 by Daedal because: spelling

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join