It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My first issues with the Bible.

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

What on Earth does that have to do with anything? Does doing yoga as a Christian make you open minded? Fail to see how. Does not being born Christian make you not indoctrinated? Fail to see how. You are seen through your fruits. Which thus far has been to criticize the literal truth of the bible and adopt it to some kind of pre-conditioned truth not found in there. You do not apply it to what you think you know. You reject what you know in favor of what it says. This is what the bible is for.

Far more open minded than you. But the point of my statement was to show that I was not indoctrinated by my parents, as you so deftly asserted as if you knew my family. No, I do not criticize literal truths. I have left it to you to ignore what is in front of you. You take everything literal, and yet do not see what is in front of you.

If you claim to be a self proclaimed scholar, That you say you know the bible, But you cant see its truth, What then do you believe, Because whatever it is, I assure you its not real.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by InnerstellarOne

While it can be interpreted as calling Jesus to defeat Satan, I think it could just be the fact that God will keep man from being owned by Satan.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Satans getting kicked in the head daily.
Did you know the amazing fact about shells (off topic) but they are quite intricate
especially the "Guamanian Nerites"
edit on 21/02/2011 by InnerstellarOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   

No idea, but go on.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   

I never proclaimed to be a scholar. Where have I said that in my posts? I told Gormy that I learned about Christianity on my own, not indoctrinated as a youth. In other words, I searched and chose. I keep learning more. Gormy has spent the entire night patronizing me, and acting like he knows all there is to know about the Bible, and now here you are accusing me of proclaiming myself a scholar. Are you a scholar? Is Gormy?
I've given you guys instances in the Old Testament, the New Testament and the Kaballah. Ive given you quotes from Origen. Or how about St. Augustine, I mean he is a SAINT... "The Christian philosopher St. Augustine (354–430 C.E.) asked the eternal question in his Confessions:"Say, Lord…did my infancy succeed another age of mine that died before it? Was it that which I spent within my mother's womb?…and what before that life again, O God…was I anywhere or in any body?" source: www.unexplainedstuff.com...
But I accept that you both have taken the orthodox view of things and that is your privelege that you never look deeper than the milk of traditional thought.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
•Family. Neritidae: nerites. Type of shell gastropod

•These are small, often brightly colored shells belonging to the large sea snail family. Most are globular in shape. They are strong and solid. Nerites have no umbilicus and the aperture if often toothed on the inner and outer lip. The aperculum is shelly. They live in shallow warm seas in large colonies close to shore. They have been found in brackish water and a few in freshwater. Nerites are herbivores.

I was just Thinking about the detailed work of the heavens, Of the galaxies and the something like 230+ billion that there are now?

When it struck me realize that Why are we looking for signs of a creator;s work somewhere out in space.

When why not look at some of the patterns on a spider?, Or the detailed micro biology of DNA, But one that is really interesting is that there is over 200,000 shells or mollusks, And i got to realise how much God really has created and designed. Each one with a differant pattern.

And that we cant fathom at the richness of his glory here on earth, But we seek a sign from heaven????
It dosent take faith to know God exists, Or that he created every living creature, Plant, Grain, seed, Insect, Animal EVERY creature in its own kind. We have it all written in the bible.
Everything we need to know about existance is there

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Being here on ATS is more enough proof to having an open mind???

Im just saying that the Bible is the Truth, and why would i want to settle for any other doctrine or myth that man would come up with??

And as for me saying you being a scholar, I meant that you answer with indignation, like you know something but dont want to admit it?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

What on Earth does that have to do with anything? Does doing yoga as a Christian make you open minded? Fail to see how. Does not being born Christian make you not indoctrinated? Fail to see how. You are seen through your fruits. Which thus far has been to criticize the literal truth of the bible and adopt it to some kind of pre-conditioned truth not found in there. You do not apply it to what you think you know. You reject what you know in favor of what it says. This is what the bible is for.

What truth have I criticized? I have quoted Jesus and you even refuted His statement on John the baptist. What does that mean to reject what I know in favor of "what it says" whatever that is? So, if I was not indoctrinated into the Bible as a youth, what do you think I was indoctrinated in?????? Do you imagine that my parents indoctrinated me into some atheist cult or something? How silly. You are grasping at straws. When I say that I found Christ on my own without indoctrination, you insist that I must have somehow been indoctrinated in some other way . You refuse Origen on the grounds he is not Christ, yet most of what's in the bible was written by people who were not Christ,and the entire OT is pre Christ, and additionally you accept the doctrine of the Trinity though it was introduced into orthodox Christianity by Tertullian. Of course you have opposed me since the Kundalini thread when you paraded yourself first as a person who had tried meditation and kundalini and had terrible experiences with it, then you admitted to being a "fundie". Remember how you came off as having knowledge about that too?

Come to think of it Gorm, aren't you the one who claimed on the Kundalini thread to have been atheist at one point?
edit on 23-3-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-3-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Just thought if there were any natural selectionists here, Have a read of this, Probably refute your theory on evolution.

Nearly a half a billion years ago, tiny horseshoe crabs crept along the shorelines much like today's larger versions do, new fossil evidence suggests.

Two nearly complete fossil specimens discovered in Canada reveal a new genus of horseshoe crab, pushing their origins back at least 100 million years earlier than previously thought.

Dubbed Lunataspis aurora, the ancient horseshoe crab is estimated to have been just 1.5 inches (4 centimeters) from head to tail-tip. That's much smaller than its modern-day relatives that can span nearly 20 inches (50 centimeters).

"We do not know if the fossils were small because they were simply young animals or because Lunataspis just didn't grow any bigger," said researcher David Rudkin of the Royal Ontario Museum in Canada.

Crabby find

Rudkin and his colleagues, including Graham Young of the Manitoba Museum, spotted the fossils buried in 445-million-year-old rocks from the Ordovician period in central and northern Manitoba. They describe the discovery in the January issue of the journal Paleontology.

The specimens included patches of the animals' outer-covering and even evidence of their compound eyes.

Horseshoe crabs are not true crabs and are instead more closely related to spiders and scorpions. And like their eight-legged relatives, horseshoe crabs sport a flexible exoskeleton made of chitin rather than the hard-shell armoring worn by crabs.

Chitin degrades over time. For that reason, ancient specimens of horseshoe crabs have been sparse. Until now, the oldest fossils dated back 350 million years ago, from the Carboniferous period. Fossils have also been found in rocks from the Jurassic Period, suggesting the animals were crawling around beneath dinosaurs. Both the Carboniferous and the Jurassic fossil discoveries indicate the ancient horseshoe crabs greatly resembled their modern-day counterparts.

Primitive looks

Analysis of the recent finds also indicates the ocean creatures haven’t changed much over the eons.

"We wouldn't necessarily have expected horseshoe crabs to look very much like the modern ones, but that's exactly what they look like," Rudkin said.

"This body plan that they've invented, they've stayed with it for almost a half a billion years. It's a good plan," Rudkin told LiveScience. "They've survived almost unchanged up until the present day, whereas lots of other animals haven't."

And whereas major extinction events have wiped even the mightiest, non-avian dinosaurs from our planet, this primitive-looking organism has come out unscathed.

"The horseshoe crab, the lowly little animal that crawls out of the sea every once in a while to mate, it's survived for at least 445 million years in more or less the same form," Rudkin said.

He added that understanding how horseshoe crabs adapted to their ecological niche so early and then weathered natural crises will give scientists broader insights about how ocean ecosystems changed over time.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   

ok well I'm not so sure that all on ATS are open minded. Many here just like to debunk and argue. But there is discussion which can be a good thing. Whenever I got into a heated debate, it does inspire me search for new material.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   

ok well I'm not so sure that all on ATS are open minded. Many here just like to debunk and argue. But there is discussion which can be a good thing. Whenever I got into a heated debate, it does inspire me search for new material.

I dont come on here to start debates, and to Judge people, But to shed the light and truth behind existance.

Its just alot harder sometimes when people are ignorant and have hardened there hearts, And shut out revelation

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
50 pages enough for a bible discussion?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   

No. I did not refute it. I corrected you. For once again, he did not call John the Baptist Elijah. He called him THE Elijah. I even went through most modern translations. Here, I'll post somel for you.

But if you read the books of the Prophets and God's Law closely, you will see them culminate in John, teaming up with him in preparing the way for the Messiah of the kingdom. Looked at in this way, John is the 'Elijah' you've all been expecting to arrive and introduce the Messiah.

Here it's seen as a title. A character trait. Not necessarily Elijah returned, but the character of his time.

For all the Prophets and the Law prophesied until John. 14 And if you are willing to accept it, he is the Elijah who was to come. 15 Whoever has ears, let them hear.

Here it's a title. A person characterized as the same as Elijah. A prophet.

and if ye are willing to receive [it], he is Elijah who was about to com

Here it is very strange in grammar terms. because John is likened to the equivalent to Elijah who will return on the "terrible day" of the Lord at the end of time, as is in Mal. For like Elijah coming at the end of times, spoken of in Revelations, John is there at the end of the Old Testament prophets, now fulfilling the promises Elijah had spoken of as well as the prophets of old.

One can see from all this that it is in fact not Reincarnation.

Again, you're the one talking about your parents, not I. You can add straws all you want, even saying I am to hide yourself. Not much of a care do I have. You've already lost the argument by going off topic than saying why you are right. After all, why else would you reply twice to that post, adding in something about me adding straws after I said you are. Quite a relativist aren't you.

Again I fail to see what meditation has to do with it. And retorting to that unrelated thread rather than answering my very simple question is very simply desperation. But for your sake, I'll repeat. I got nothing out of meditation. it's fun with some music and it calms the soul, but everything experienced can be attributed to imagination. No one can know otherwise for sure. But by all means continue being off topic, least you have to face up and actually answer the question.

I also fail to realize why something being atheistic matters. I listen to the Black angels, an atheist band. I am not an atheist. My entire debate style originates from when I was one, I still use it despite no longer being one. mmkay?
edit on 23-3-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by InnerstellarOne

I dont come on here to start debates, and to Judge people, But to shed the light and truth behind existance.

Its just alot harder sometimes when people are ignorant and have hardened there hearts, And shut out revelation

Yes, I can appreciate what you are saying here. There is a lot of Christian bashing on this site, but it is really a systemic poisoning from a literal attempt by the secular humanists to remove Christianity altogether.
I do like what you've written about seeing God in the patterns of nature. For instance, the fibonacci sequence is a mathematical formula outpictured in nature. How could something like that come into existence by the happenstance of randomness the seculars believe?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   

That's quite simple. It's a simple sequence of numbers. Simple thing's brought together, sometimes make order. That's not proof of God. That's just science.
edit on 23-3-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Eh, not so sure. Evolution does not mean things must change. once a good design comes about, there is no need to change.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by InnerstellarOne

Yes, I can appreciate what you are saying here. There is a lot of Christian bashing on this site, but it is really a systemic poisoning from a literal attempt by the secular humanists to remove Christianity altogether.
I do like what you've written about seeing God in the patterns of nature. For instance, the fibonacci sequence is a mathematical formula outpictured in nature. How could something like that come into existence by the happenstance of randomness the seculars believe?

I too question the complexity in nature, God knows the science behind science, because he created it.

The common example for the sequence is in sunflowers, Or in the human body

Another notable example is the human body.

the ratio of the length of forearm to the length of the hand is equal to 1.618, that is, Golden Ratio. Another well-known examples on human body are:

The ratio between the length and width of face
Ratio of the distance between the lips and where the eyebrows meet to the length of nose
Ratio of the length of mouth to the width of nose
Ratio of the distance between the shoulder line and the top of the head to the head length
Ratio of the distance between the navel and knee to the distance between the knee and the end of the foot
Ratio of the distance between the finger tip and the elbow to the distance between the wrist and the elbow

Read more: scienceray.com...

Coinsedence maybe? of course Not, Everything has been structured down to the very utmost detail, Those who say that the fibbonacci sequence is not all around us!.

But with that said, People have taken something of nature and made it into a form of enlightenment basis, Much like that of those who chart the stars for thier horoscopes, For thier lifes and follow the patterns told in the stars.

Mankind abused something and took away what God created in the heavens, And made a doctrine out of it.

Its things like this, That dishonour God, This is exactly what they did at the towe of babel, So they could observe the night sky better.
As the mayans, And the egyptians.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
This website makes my head hurt, But its details the golden ratio, and proves that its existance Proves god exists!

artmusicdance.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

God is all-powerful and can do anything, why hide behind the curtain? Why not speak to everyone and TELL them he exists? You seem like you've got God on speed dial, tell him to come talk to me. I'm more than willing to accept God and whatever facts his followers like to throw around..... but I'm not gonna accept ''oh but it's just faith, you need faith to believe. Then you'll know he's real.'' I'm not gonna make it that easy for you guys. I need proof to believe, solid proof, made of matter. Hell, even a nudge from the Almighty would do. I mean, got created everything, molecules and matter. How's it so hard for him to communicate then? Why does he need to whisper to select people to write some book that will tell us about him, when he should be able to communicate to us through astounding features.
But from a religion that says ''our God is right, you're God is wrong'' probably don't get that other religions came to believe in their God the same way you did. I'll think i'll yell back: Deny Ignorance.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by BaitingThePublic

Im sorry but if creation its self is not enough proof for you, Then i really wonder if you understand what faith is

new topics

top topics

<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join