It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My first issues with the Bible.

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by ButterCookie

You don't. More accurately, you come from the star's embryonic waste produce. What you are made of was never in a star. It was what did not make it into the star during its development.

IE. We are, all of us, the excrement of star fetuses.
edit on 22-3-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

Mate you watch too much discovery science on yours days off.

Mankind was created. Formed, Carved and designed.

For a someone who posts alot on ATS, with so called black knowledge, Your quite the fool.
Psalm 14:1

1 - The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by InnerstellarOne
Actually the bible is true, And so are the words in it

As for primapes. There DNA is nothing like us niether is thier chromosones

That's not quite correct.

When one looks at the chromosomes of humans and the living great apes (orangutan, gorilla, and chimpanzee), it is immediately apparent that there is a great deal of similarity between the number and overall appearance of the chromosomes across the four different species. Yes, there are differences (and I will be addressing these), but the overall similarity is striking. The four species have a similar number of chromosomes, with the apes all having 24 pairs, and humans having 23 pairs.....

Creationists will be quick to point out that despite the similarities, there are differences in the chromosomal banding patterns and the number of chromosomes. Furthermore, they will claim that the similarities are due to a common designer rather than common ancestry. Let's address the differences first, and then we will see if we can tease apart the conflicting scenarios of common ancestry vs. a common designer.

www.gate.net...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by InnerstellarOne

I do believe in God. But creation to me is so much more for a God who doesn't obied by time. Can you fathom a God whom in a single day created all things attributed to that day across all of time? A god who literally interacts with his own timeline, if he even has one? A God whom on a single day created every one of those stars, even though to us it was not the same day?

He's got no limitation to time and can do whatever he wants. That God is truly powerful.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Heck, technically even the concept of days wouldn't exist before the creation of the earth, since a day is an earthly revolution around the sun.

Aint that something to ponder?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

Nope. The Bible was written for man. It is a 24 hour time period. For that was what a day was after the sun, and therefore it is defined as that for before the sun.

I view it as a very simple thing. God actually went into time and crated things. Jesus said that his father's work never ended even though God clearly rested. The only answer is that every time a species evolved, every time something happened, he was there on that day of creation making it. In time, in the great unknown that is his ability.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

In essence, it was a slow process of change that eventually makes it appear as if organisms completely shifted. In reality, the transition species wouldn't be considered transitions at all, since they were just an adapted form of their ancestors, whether it be adaption by mutation, selection, or environmental factors.

It's useful to think of evolution not in a lineal sense (of things starting out primitive and becoming advanced to today) and more in a sense that things have been creatures for a long time, just developing new traits every now and then. Humans are unique in that we evolved as an extremely social species, began using tools a couple million years ago, and developed a survival ability to adapt tools and become more complex in our abilities to think about things in the past, present, and future. At some point (most likely following the advent of agriculture) humans began developing hierarchies and spiritualities, and add a number of thousand years, you have today.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Manifestation yes. In the same way Jesus is the manifestation of the father in human form.

Both Jesus and Elijah were required to "manifest" themselves in human form through the regular birth process. Or did we all miss something? So the birth of Jesus now is a "manifestation". If this is so then we can all be a "manifestation" can't we? Why didn't both Jesus and Elijah appear in a cloud or a burning bush and be done with it? So you think that Jesus and John the Baptist can be "manifestations" but not the re-incarnation of the souls of David and Elijah...
Also you say Jesus is the manifestation of the Father, yet he clearly claims himself as the Son...is he the Son or the Father? Jesus has nowhere claimed to be the Father.... to understand all this we have to understand the use of the Father as the Creator, and the Son as that which was created by the Father. Jesus even tells us that we are ALL children of the Most High. What part of that don't people get?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Mankind was carved? You mean like a sculpture? Even Jesus had to be born the old fashioned way... Don't people ever think through this stuff?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by lilly1

It's based off of Freemasonic myths stolen from the Bible you claim isn't worth a bag of marbles in the first place. Even if the Freemasonic traditions of Hiram Abiff were historical and weren't invented to make those stuffy elite cabal meetings more entertaining, it's still a stretch on the stories. Anyways, turn off the capslock.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Your concepts of Heaven and Hell are very confused. It's not your fault that Western Christianity inherited broken theology from the Roman Catholic Church that deteriorated in the Dark Ages. However, you can look at the original Greek and Hebrew and you will notice that English translators have taken liberties with what words are translated into "Hell". Neither Ya'hshuah, the ancient Jews, or the Church Fathers had this Augustinian belief in a cosmic torture room. The popular concept comes from Augustine, Dark Age sermons, and Dante's Inferno.

Heaven and Hell are two conditions after the final resurrection when matter is redeemed; apocatastasis. What we experience in the next life is only a foretaste. The wicked go to Sheol or Hades (same concept different languages) and the righteous go to the light of God and await the resurrection. You don't "go straight to Heaven and Hell", there has to be a judgment and resurrection first and even then they are both in the presence of the Father.
edit on 22-3-2011 by kallisti36 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ellieN

You'd be surprised at how different the beliefs of Western Christians are from the Apostles and the Church Fathers. Let me just say that there is good and bad in every mindset among Christians, but there was a time when we were unified, fought in no wars, and died for what we believed in.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

Oh yes indeed. This is why I don't like creationists whom try to use transition species as a straw to their case. There are none. Just many species that over eons have adapted.

To myself, just more awe for God's work.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

No. Because Jesus existed before his body was born. We did not. We are created with goals, we have the free will to reach them or not, and then we are judged on what we did. Based on those prescribed goals? Who knows. Jesus is the only one whom had to manifest to human form for he was to be God amongst us. Elijah was born like any other man. But like Enoch, he was loved by God and taken to somewhere beyond. This is not reincarnation. for it is explicitly stated they are who they are. They are not new flesh. They are not new people. They are themselves, fully aware of whom they are. Names are very important in the Bible. This is why God is often left unnamed.

If it was reincarnation, it would be very simply written "John, who was Elijah before".

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Last time I am gonna bring it up, because I think it is off topic a bit. Maybe you haven't looked into the theory much, but the guy who proposed it wasn't a moron by any stretch. And as for having money to build machines, that has nothing to do with anything. A lot of EU has been recreated in labs, where as dark matter has never been lab proven. Hopefully that giant collider will clear some of it up, but if there is only people that believe in the old gravity based model, they may overlook some important discoveries. As I said, I am not an expert by any stretch, and have really just started looking into it, but a lot of the EU model does seem to make sense, and where things surprise people that take the old model for gospel, it is explained by EU model. Like when we blasted the comet, it was a way bigger reaction that occured than most of the mainstream expected.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Mankind was carved? You mean like a sculpture? Even Jesus had to be born the old fashioned way... Don't people ever think through this stuff?

And i quote from my NKJ study bible

Genesis 2:7
And the lord GOD Formed man of the dust of the ground, And breathed into his nostrils and the breath of Life(his spirit) and man became a living being

FORMED Six hebrew words found in these early chapters to describe the creation process are quite similar, SO modern translators use varied English words to let the reader know a differant Hebrew word is being rendered.
All six words are normally Used of GODS creative activity;

Bara'(1:1), "create"; Asah (1:7) "make"; Nathan (1:17) "set" ; Yastar (2:7) "form" ; Banah (2:22), "make or build" ; and Qanah (4:1; 14:19), "create, Possess or Aquire".
A most initimate moment occured when the Creator breathed into His nostrils the breath of life, "in him was life" (john 1:14), And he gave mankind the precious life that only God has to give.

Since we were formed from the Dust of the earth im pretty sure he used his hands to craft us, in his own image.
edit on 21/02/2011 by InnerstellarOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by kallisti36

Your concepts of Heaven and Hell are very confused. It's not your fault that Western Christianity inherited broken theology from the Roman Catholic Church that deteriorated in the Dark Ages. However, you can look at the original Greek and Hebrew and you will notice that English translators have taken liberties with what words are translated into "Hell". Neither Ya'hshuah, the ancient Jews, or the Church Fathers had this Augustinian belief in a cosmic torture room. The popular concept comes from Augustine, Dark Age sermons, and Dante's Inferno.

Heaven and Hell are two conditions after the final resurrection when matter is redeemed; apocatastasis. What we experience in the next life is only a foretaste. The wicked go to Sheol or Hades (same concept different languages) and the righteous go to the light of God and await the resurrection. You don't "go straight to Heaven and Hell", there has to be a judgment and resurrection first and even then they are both in the presence of the Father.

My view on the Bottomless Pit, Is quite biblical actually.
I know that heaven exists, And Hell exists too.

Did you want me to give you over 9000 reports of Hell and heaven expierences, And i actually believe too there a portals to hell in the earth, entrances to the bowels of the earth, You should read up on perry stone if your worried about your faith

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
okay so we know that man was formed of the dust and water of the ground

Genesis 2:6

"But a mist went up from the earth and watered the whole face of the earth"
So we have the potter wetting his dust so he can begin to work, Mould and craft man.

Picture this God kneeling down in the mud, Carefully and intimately making his child in his image.
Imagine God with his hands covered in mud and clay, creating every inatimate detail of the human body.
Before blowing face to face with man his spirit(life) into him, Man awaking a living being seeing his creator in the face, And hugs him with such joy. thats pretty deep and awesome to me

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
But what did man do? sinned and disobeyed Gods only commandment not to eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

Imagine how much it pained Gods heart to have to separate man from him, Creating him for a much higher purpose, A much more noble existance

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Because in the lab, you are dealing with things scaled to the scale that electricity works on. Things do not work at the same scale. And in fact dark matter and Dark energy has been lab proven in some sense. We have proven negative energy. That, in and of itself, negates the electrical universe. For if the universe was electrical, it would not be self-sustaining. The thing about electricity is that it's high powered, but doesn't last without a source. You cannot keep electrical things going. Things want stability. Electrical properties, that of which we can observe, are always from unstable systems in the act of reaching equilibrium. Where as the currently accepted view is purely functional. it does it because that is the property. Not because it is unstable. Although in theory it is, it's a lot slower, indicating non electrical elements at work.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

The pit is Tartarus. It is described as the place of darkness in which the fallen angels (Apollyon and such) are bound (as described in Peter and Revelations). Humans are never described as being held there. Furthermore, how can you be separated from an omnipresent God?

The lake of fire is a constant metaphor of separation from the Godly (i.e. Wheat from Chaff) who inherit the Kingdom of Heaven. The Godly when they die achieve Theosis with God and are deified in and through him whereas those who have no part in the Father "arise to everlasting shame and contempt".

I am well aware of the "reports of hell". The majority of credible ones relay a place of darkness in which they are accosted by demons. This makes sense because they remain under the power of Satan as we do now, but are more susceptible to demonic attacks, being in a purely spiritual form. i do not believe there are physical portals on Earth that you might stumble into, though I do believe that sorcery might unleash something. The western concept of Hell being a torture chamber that the unbelievers go to immediately after death is unbiblical. I'm sure that there are plenty of people who have experienced a "vision" of Hell following a lifetime of Dante's Inferno type diatribes on the nature of Hell. Believe them if you will, but are you really going to hold the traditions of men above what the Bible teaches and what the Church Fathers taught? That is not what Sheol is. All talks of lakes of fire are in regards to a time after the apocatastasis or reunification with our bodies at the Judgment. Even then it is never described as being outside of the presence of God, which is impossible. The wicked burn because they cannot bear to be in his presence, they ask the mountains to fall on them to hide from his face. This is futile, because none can escape the gaze of the omnipresent God, in fact they would wish for a Western concept of Hell where they could be free from him. This is simply not possible.

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join