It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Compasses going crazy...Theories and Research

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Byteman

I think it's more of the fact you even brought it up as a hoax instead of just saying the others. I read your whole post, and I do not deny perhaps compasses may not be functioning right or maybe some do not know how to read one, but nonetheless...

Those whose compasses are off even more than they should be cannot be considered hoax unless you have solid proof and your 2 cents is not proof. Just because YOURS might not be off, doesn't mean no one else's is. If you had seen, there are other people here that said theirs are reading fine too...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by scojak

A keychain compass?!!!! Jesus christ, this is exactly what I'm talking about!!! Your compass is attached to a metallic object!

HAHAHA!!!

Jesus Christ yourself, maybe ask a question before making a claim? Had you asked me if I had taken the compass off the ring, I would have told you I did and your post would've actually been worth while.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Good day everyone, first post here in ATS.

Don't know about you guys but IMHO, if you need a near-accurate reading of the Magnetic North via the compass, I think we should ask the seafarers. These guys (or rather the officers) calculate their own compass errors daily, taking into account deviation as well as variation, for their ship's magnetic/gyro compasses. Method's kinda complex but rather manageable, did it before daily...sailed for a year, heh. So yeah, that is if you need a good up-to-date reading.

Any seafarers here who just signed-off, got back home and saw this thread/compass issue lurking in the forum?

edit on 20-3-2011 by Madhouse because: add-on

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by cushycrux
The whole idea is rubbish. Without (relative) stable poles we would be roasted by the sun wind within seconds. And as you can see here, all is normal.

Source:
www2.nict.go.jp...

Phages very nice Explanation:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

How can so much people believe such things?! Remembers me to the "Australia is out of place" Thread here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please people, try to think. I see far too much absolute silly stuff on ATS.
edit on 20-3-2011 by cushycrux because: (no reason given)

Hmmm, look at the date it was posted. It was normal back then, but seeing no updates have been posted since a week or so is NOT normal for this website. It stopped updating on March 14th.

I wonder why...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Just a small, insignificant few people trying their best to undermine a perfectly legitimate discussion thread. Pay them no mind. Keep reporting your compass readings and posting your theories. NASA and the USGS validate our claims, thats all we need.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by technique
The bees and birds and even the cats in my area have been acting extremely strange lately ive found hundreds of dead bees in my backyard alone. I took video of dozens of them i found and its the most peculiar thing you can blow on them or even lightly hit them and all they do is walk in circles and they appear totally out of faculty like if they were on some powerful hallucinagen I think this magnetic shift must have something to do with it. Ive lived in SoCo for my whole life and have never seen anything like it, Its very eerie if you see it anyone else witness this.

Hello all, member of ATS since 1999 here, reporting from North East Ohio, right off the Great Lake of Erie. Just wanted to report that my compass is showing the deviation to the east. I wanted to comment on technique's post. You still have Honey Bees where you are? They have disappeared from here for some years now. This anomaly with the earth's poles is sure interesting, I will be following this post and doing some independent research, and will report my findings back to you all.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by maestromason

Your educated input is greatly welcome here. We appreciate posts from those who do real research.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MadDogtheHunter

Back up your claims of a hoax with REAL evidence, not personal opinion, or go away.

I said my opinion was that you are hoaxing this thread, because I assumed you could use a compass correctly...like most adults. I also said that your compass could be wrong, or you don't know how to use it.

I should have assumed you are ignorant of how to use a compass, and ignorant of the fact that your compass may be broken.

Planes are not crashing.

So either you are using your compass wrong, and don't realize it.
You have a broken compass and don't realize it.
You know you are wrong, but still proceeding with it...HOAX.

Again, planes are not getting lost and crashing everywhere.
Which proves my point more than anything else I can say.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
On the first couple pages you started plotting the areas where the compass was not working correctly. Very nice, and I have a theory. Please pay no mind to the pseudo-intellectuals trying to derail this thread!

The areas where people are reporting weird compasses also seem to be located on or near the New Madrid fault line. I seem to remember there being a thread on ATS coming from Russian scientists stating that within 14-20 days from the Japan earthquake that we'd see activity from the New Madrid fault line as well.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Not trying to undermine anything, dude. Just telling you how it is. You can deny it all you want but there isn't anything wrong with the magnetic poles near as I can tell.

"Deny ignorance", right?
HAHA!

Edit--Willing to bet if you checked it out you would find articles from "NASA" for each and every year reporting on the variation of the magnetic poles. It is something scientists sorta' keep track of. Especially those who concern themselves with navigation. ... Like NASA.
This is one of the biggest loads of bullsnap threads I've bothered to participate in in awhile. And it never ceases to amaze me how these sorts of threads garner so much attention... It's as if people are LOOKING to jump on board with the sensationalist bullsnap title you gave to this.

Again, if East were the new North, we would know IMMEDIATELY.
edit on 20-3-2011 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadDogtheHunter
Just a small, insignificant few people trying their best to undermine a perfectly legitimate discussion thread. Pay them no mind. Keep reporting your compass readings and posting your theories. NASA and the USGS validate our claims, thats all we need.

Yes, ignore the guy's who can show you thats not possible. We would be roasted!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
So I guess some people just want to see a disaster where there is none, and some others want to disprove an event even if it's front of their eyes.

Here is a link to some basic reading on geomagnetism and how it fluctuates, why, and when. This may lead to the conclusion that everyone here might be right, instead of wrong, but also may point that what is being observed is a natural occurrence, not some sort of sign of end of times.

A person reading a compass under interference is NOT a hoaxer. That's what science is about, experimenting and measuring many times over, and then some....everything done over long periods of time to help gather data.

geomag.usgs.gov...

Perspective never hurt anyone.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gab1159

Originally posted by cushycrux
The whole idea is rubbish. Without (relative) stable poles we would be roasted by the sun wind within seconds. And as you can see here, all is normal.

Source:
www2.nict.go.jp...

Phages very nice Explanation:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

How can so much people believe such things?! Remembers me to the "Australia is out of place" Thread here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please people, try to think. I see far too much absolute silly stuff on ATS.
edit on 20-3-2011 by cushycrux because: (no reason given)

Hmmm, look at the date it was posted. It was normal back then, but seeing no updates have been posted since a week or so is NOT normal for this website. It stopped updating on March 14th.

I wonder why...

While this Domain ends with JP, - what happened again at that time? Just forgot the quake? LOL

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Pilot from Saskatoon Saskatchewan....nothing different here with compasses going crazy. Magnetic compass in aircraft works fine, may seem like it moved 1 degree but cant confirm yet.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
West Central Connecticut here

Compass north is still pointing north

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I just checked the compass on my smartphone. At first North was pointed in the dead center of where East should be, but after a few minutes North moved to around where North-East would be. It hasn't moved again.

I'm in NC btw

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Interesting thread.
My compass seems to be fine also,and I have an app
on my ipad called go skywatch,
whereas you point your ipad into the sky and whatever object you align it to it
tells you what it is,like Jupiter,the sun and so on.
I know works off off gps,and I guess it has an internal compass also.
Well,it works ok to.
Also wanted to add that there could be some magnetic anomalies in certain areas
due to the makeup of the rock below you.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I have a nice compass in my emergency kit. It points about 50-60 degrees off to the east, when it should be pointing directly north. Also, my iPad and iphone gps are pointing the same direction. I had actually noticed this on Friday night but dismissed it as interference.
I live in southern Nevada. This is indeed strange.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Furthermore I find it laughable that you have the gall to call someone a troll.
You are blatantly ignoring the people who are giving you data to refute your claims.
You are ignoring the experience of the people who work in these fields every day to further the sensationalism of the bullsnap thread you created without any actual research first.

Pot meet the kettle.

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join