It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Compasses going crazy...Theories and Research

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by wackers90

ARRRRRRR Magnetic North DOES NOT Point to what YOU KNOW as North

It is about 10 Deg Off!!!!!!!! Always has been!

Jayzus, everyone with an android is now an orienteering expert!!

God help us when TSHTF!!!!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

Its not 10 degrees off everywhere....it depends where you are. Also could this be the coming of a geo-magnetic reversal?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg
reply to post by wackers90

ARRRRRRR Magnetic North DOES NOT Point to what YOU KNOW as North

It is about 10 Deg Off!!!!!!!! Always has been!

Jayzus, everyone with an android is now an orienteering expert!!

Obama help us when TSHTF!!!!
FIFY. Think we're screwed though

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
This is indeed, very very strange.
I wish I had a compass to check it.
Has anyone tried to report something to their local news media?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by cassp83

MSM would just laugh it off and cover it with talk of Libya, unless some nutjob extremist paraded around NYC, naked, holding a sign that said "My compass says we're gonna die". Then, maybe, it would make the 11 O'Clock news. But only as one of the "Strange News" segments.
edit on 3/20/2011 by MadDogtheHunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I take it none of you have ever taken any sort of navigation course or survival course. This is nothing new with magnetic north and true north being slightly different.....In fact in has its own little cycle called the chandler circle.....I swear some people on ATS have limited knowledge into anything..... ALSO, a key chain compass......really.....you brought this up from a key chain compass....that's about as scientific as my nose when it comes to finding north.....get a real compass and get away far away from anything metal, or electric and then start talking about what you think is going on.....by the way..nothing has happened to poles unusual yet.....but it will, someday

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Perhaps you and the author of this thread should sit down and practice Ho'oponopono.

2nd line

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Cptbaja

Yes you are right in the fact that the declination depends where you are. For me it's always been around 8-10 Deg and the poster I was replying to was in the same general area as I am from. so for that post it is true!

But what we are seeing here is people saying, Hey I KNOW which way north is in my house, and my compass is pointing a different direction

Well that is true, it will do. I just don't see a need to start stating the obvious and crying pole shift!

NOW

if you wake up tomorrow and Mag North in the UK for example is Due West then we have issues!

Until then I will sleep reasonable well, as there are many other things more pressing. than something I learned about at the age of 11.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadDogtheHunter
reply to post by cassp83

MSM would just laugh it off and cover it with talk of Libya, unless some nutjob extremist paraded around NYC, naked, holding a sign that said "My compass says we're gonna die". Then, maybe, it would make the 11 O'Clock news. But only as one of the "Strange News" segments.

I don't know why, but when I read you posts by blood pressure is about to explode my head (by anger).

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by BiggNastee

Not appreciated you changing my post words and calling it a quote.

Shame on you!

link   

If you and the trolls had actually read more than a page or 2 of this thread....you would have seen that pole shift wasn't and isn't the only theory discussed. Really, some of you really need to start reading threads page by page, reply by reply...BEFORE forming your own reply. I understand that takes effort and attention span....but, you can do it if you really try.

link   
reply to post by Cptbaja

Yup..Earth's magnetic north changes a bit every year if i can remember correctly and yes, different areas have different variation curves. Not to forget location's deviation which some of the rest have already mentioned, have something to do with interference from magnetic, metallic objects...etc etc.

I for one certainly hope this pole shift thing is not happening man.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Portland, OR.

Standard (camping-type) compass reads normally. Smartphone GPS reads normally.

Car GPS (not the built-in kind) thought it was 8:15 in the morning around 10:00 at night and would not recalculate my route (as it usually does) when I made a wrong turn in the dark. It will still not let me fix the time after multiple reboots. I had not read this thread, so I don't know if the compass is right.

link   

all of my compasses are pointing where they should. i've checked at least 3 at my house, and one of my neighbors.
i think we'll be pretty sure when the pole starts shifting.

link   
How was this thread awarded so many stars and flags?

What exactly do you all think is going on here?

link   
Since my compass app I have access to is on my "Smart" phone, I am not sure how much I can trust it. What I can say is that I have used this feature in the past and it has always been screwed up. In fact, yesterday it wouldn't even run, stating I should move the phone in a figure 8 motion in order to reset the app.

I attempted to run it again today.... same thing.

NOTE: I have always been an observer (through the naked eye) of our moon. It's just a fascinating thing to stare at sometimes when I'm outside sitting on the porch ;-) In the last year or so, I have noticed the moon has tilted to the left. This makes sense, considering the current (according to local media) pole shift is migrating into Russia.

Maybe Santa is Russian? Or could he be a Yetty that decided to re-locate his home in Siberia?

As a skilled master carpenter, I estimate the moons tilted axis to be approximately 20 degrees.
edit on 3/20/2011 by forall2see because: added content.

link   

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MadDogtheHunter

Personally I would like to reason with someone who actually knows how to read a compass!

There is nothing in here to me that suggests otherwise

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Magnetic declination

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
World Magnetic North Declination map.

I am in a -5deg region, reading -25deg.

Canadian Space Weather page here reports all as quiet.
Space Weather Canada
edit on 20-3-2011 by ommadawn because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join