It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ive counted 7 Jets and 2 Bigger planes, Prestwick

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
As the title states i have seen this today, i know they are ehading for libya as it was reported in the news, my question is Would they be doing the same thing is there was no oil in that area?

It seems things happen in these countries then we go and " tidy " up. but only when theres something for us to gain from it.

It never happens in countries where there is no oil and such!

Tuck in peopl!
edit on Sat Mar 19 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: title change

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
President Sarkozy just held a press conference when the joint meeting ended. He has confirmed allied aircraft are enroute to, and are inside og Libyan airspace, and have already engaged libyan government forces.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Ive a feeling this could get very messy, I just dont understand why people wont learn from the past, war solves nothing!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
GRound forces are not allowed, just airstrikes / aircraft interception.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
President Sarkozy just held a press conference when the joint meeting ended. He has confirmed allied aircraft are enroute to, and are inside og Libyan airspace, and have already engaged libyan government forces.

Please could you post a source where it confirms that UN forces have already engaged libyan government forces? ive just watched the french president live and it was clearly said by the dutch president that airstikes could come as soon as tonight.... reconnaisance planes are inside the airspace but as far as airstrikes, none have taken place yet, Sarcozy even said that gaddafi still has time to respond....

Quote: "AFP reports that several French fighter jets overflew "all Libyan territory" on reconnaissance missions."
edit on 19-3-2011 by Itop1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
If possible check CNN / FOX or MSNBC. AlArabia media is talking about it on their website.

The media outlets broke in with Sarkozys announcement, and he confirmed to the media French aircraft were sent, and in libyan airspace.

www.cnn.com...
edit on 19-3-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

:: Canadian fighter and transport aircraft have refuelled at Scotland's Prestwick airport en route to the Mediterranean

Yahoo News

Of course its oil.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

If possible check CNN / FOX or MSNBC. AlArabia media is talking about it on their website.

The media outlets broke in with Sarkozys announcement, and he confirmed to the media French aircraft were sent, and in libyan airspace.

www.cnn.com...

I have been following this very closely, we know there are jets flying over libya on recon missions but you said they have engaged in government forces? this is totally untrue, they have not engaged as of yet, if you know otherwise please post a SOURCE.

Quote from AlArabia "Several French Rafale fighter jets on Saturday overflew "all Libyan territory" on reconnaissance mission, ready to enforce an air-exclusion zone to halt Muammar Qaddafi’s attacks on opposition, a French military source said, as Western leaders met in Paris to consider their next steps."

Your source does not say anything about UN forces being engaged, only recon so far which has been widley reported on nearly all media sites.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Free4Ever2

Did you hear about the solider that tripped over 1 of the largest lithium deposits ever in Afghan??? I wonder if that stuff is important to our needs?? lmao I agree w/ u btw. Look at some of the other countries where genocide is happening and NO ONE is helping.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
6 of those planes at Prestwick were Canadian jets.

Latest from BBC;

www.bbc.co.uk...

edit on 19-3-2011 by martin3030 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

If they said it..it must be true. (

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

Which is why I said to watch the media sources on TV. They had Sarkozys press conference live, and he is the one who said french aircraft were in Libya and had engaged their forces.

And do me a favor, please dont call me a liar... I posted the info, then the CNN site with the breaking news banner on it, which is a SOURCE.

Next step would be to quit being lazy and relying on others to post info, and go do some leg work on your own. Preferably before you call anyone else a liar.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by tracehd1
reply to post by Itop1

If they said it..it must be true. (

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

Just like you did to me a few posts up where you called me a liar?

French President Nicolas Sarkozy said today that French planes are flying over Libya to prevent attacks on the town of Benghazi by forces loyal to Moammar Gadhafi. "As of now, our aircraft are prepared to intervene against tanks," Sarkozy said

CNN - French fighter jets deployed over Libya

2nd follow up

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

reply to post by Itop1

Which is why I said to watch the media sources on TV. They had Sarkozys press conference live, and he is the one who said french aircraft were in Libya and had engaged their forces.

And do me a favor, please dont call me a liar... I posted the info, then the CNN site with the breaking news banner on it, which is a SOURCE.

Next step would be to quit being lazy and relying on others to post info, and go do some leg work on your own. Preferably before you call anyone else a liar.

omg, i watched it, and im sure other people did and they will back me up that he said no such thing that fighter jets had engaged, its ONLY recon missions at the moment, please dont twist things, this is how false info spreads from people like you, i am hopeing somebody else who watched it will back me up, he DID NOT say that they had already engaged.... you are a liar, he did not state such thing, and as of yet you have NOT SUPPLIED ANY SOURCE, just your own words, which are totally false.
edit on 19-3-2011 by Itop1 because: spelling

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itop1

reply to post by Itop1

omg, i watched it, and im sure other people did and they will back me uo that he said no such thing thats fighter jets had engaged, its ONLY recon missions, please dont twist things, this is how false info spreads from people like you, i am hoping somebody else who watched it will back me up, he DID NOT say that they had already engaged.... you are a liar, he did not state such thing, and as of yet you have NOT SUPPLIED ANY SOURCE, just your own words, which are totally false.

Reading skills and comprehension skills are our friend. You should learn them -

reply to post by Itop1

French President Nicolas Sarkozy said today that French planes are flying over Libya to prevent attacks on the town of Benghazi by forces loyal to Moammar Gadhafi. "As of now, our aircraft are prepared to intervene against tanks," Sarkozy said

2nd follow up

France 24 News

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itop1

reply to post by Itop1

omg, i watched it, and im sure other people did and they will back me uo that he said no such thing thats fighter jets had engaged, its ONLY recon missions, please dont twist things, this is how false info spreads from people like you, i am hoping somebody else who watched it will back me up, he DID NOT say that they had already engaged.... you are a liar, he did not state such thing, and as of yet you have NOT SUPPLIED ANY SOURCE, just your own words, which are totally false.

Reading skills and comprehension skills are our friend. You should learn them -

reply to post by Itop1

2nd follow up

where exactly in your quote does it say that fighter jets had already engaged the government forces?????? it doesnt.... its just recon missions with possible airstikes tonight!

and ill quote you...

He has confirmed allied aircraft are enroute to, and are inside og Libyan airspace, CORRECT
and have already engaged libyan government forces. FALSE

1521: Al Arabiya television channel reports that Italian planes have started a surveillance mission over Libya, after French planes also began reconnaissance over the North African country.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

Yeah.. going back to the live news conference I referenced where Sarkozy had said that. Go find the press conference video and watch it.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

reply to post by Itop1

Yeah.. going back to the live news conference I referenced where Sarkozy had said that. Go find the press conference video and watch it.

Sorry, i did watch it and he said no such thing, if fighter jets had already engaged then it would be all over the net, but it isnt and so far you have no been able to supply a source to back yourself up, please stop twisting words, you know your wrong so just admit it.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Italian jets now reported to be flying over Libya-but its being stated that these are recon flights nothing confrontational yet.
Italy now announced that their input will be soley in providing use of their bases only.

Germany announced that they will not be taking any part in military engagement.
edit on 19-3-2011 by martin3030 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join