It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay Marriage Acceptance or No Jobs

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by texastig

WHAT AGENDA?! Did I miss orientation or something? People keep talking about this gay agenda and I keep asking at bookstores for it but the cashiers always give me weird looks and then ask for security.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by texastig

Originally posted by AngryOne
Again, thanks for reminding us all who the real bigots are.
edit on 22-3-2011 by AngryOne because: Added second quote.

The homosexuals are bigots because they want to force their agenda on everyone.

The only "agenda" is to get equal rights under the law.

That isn't bigotry.

big·ot
 /ˈbɪgət/ Show Spelled[big-uht] Show IPA
–noun
a person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creed, belief, or opinion.

dictionary.reference.com...

You may have some learning to do.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dendro
So for 21 years you have conveniently missed all the passages in Exodus, Leviticus and Deuteronomy where God condones and even calls for slavery? Wow, that is some inactive reading.

Nope, never did miss them. All you guys do is take stuff out of context. Why don't you do the research that I have done over the years and see if God really approved of slavery.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

If by research you mean read the Bible, I have, and it does condone/promote/allow slavery. God even sanctions laws around it about selling your daughter into bondage and what to do if you somehow end up purchasing your own brother.

Context: The set of facts or circumstances that surround a situation or event

I'm still waiting for an accurate and honest answer then why in the context of Leviticus do some Christians still okay the part about homosexuality being wrong but vetoed the sections on shrimp, clothing and grooming?

Is Shrimp on the same level of sinfulness as Homosexuality? Well, they are both regarded to as being abominations. Can one thing be more of an abomination than another? Does one apply a spectrum to this?
edit on 22-3-2011 by Dendro because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Varemia
Right, that's why we have a SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE, such that NO religion can make itself the ruling doctrine and infringe upon the freedoms of the people to practice the religions they want to.
You do know that this country was founded on the idea of freedom, right?

There is no separation of Church and State in the Constitution. The Constitution states this in the 1st Amendment:
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;"

Your reference to the Separation of Church and State came from Thomas Jefferson. He wrote in reply to the Dansbury Baptist who were afraid that a certain "denomination" could be the official state denomination of America.
That's what the Pilgrims were running from in England. They didn't want a church state in America. The Founders did use Christian principles to setup the American government and everyone was free to worship as they wished.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngryOne
Again, thanks for reminding us all who the real bigots are.
edit on 22-3-2011 by AngryOne because: Added second quote.

The homosexuals are bigots because they want to force their agenda on everyone.

Right. That's basically what I was saying.
Apparently you took me out of context.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Why the heck did you bring up Leviticus then? That's Jewish law only.

And I'm not forcing my personal beliefs on you. I am asking you not to force yours on the people around you. You CAN keep your beliefs to yourself. Homosexuals CAN'T, because they are being denied equal protection of their unions under law!

I never brought up Leviticus. People like you want Christians to stay quiet while you run us over. I won't be run over. I don't want my kids exposed to a filthy, disease ridden homosexual lifestyle. A union is between a man and a woman because Jesus stated that in Mark 10:6 and then He references it back to Genesis, in the beginning. Since it was man and woman in the beginning that is the norm. Anything other than that is not the norm.
You'd figure that people would be smart and would try to help the homosexuals out of their lifestyle of death. They have the highest rates of disease among the population according to CDC statistics.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquility, of Mussulmen; and, as the said States never entered into any war, or act of hostility against any Mahometan nation, it is declared by the parties, that no pretext arising from religious opinions, shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries

Treaty of Tripoli- Article 11 ratified in 1797 by the United States Senate. I would think that puts a hole in a few arguments.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

WHAT AGENDA?! Did I miss orientation or something? People keep talking about this gay agenda and I keep asking at bookstores for it but the cashiers always give me weird looks and then ask for security.

GSA, they have an agenda to stop homophobia. Then you have a Massachusetts school that forced homosexual stuff on kids without parental permission. Then you have the stuff of TV that kids watch.
I would highly encourage you to read this book called, "The Homosexual Agenda: Exposing the Principal Threat to Religious Freedom Today".

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Well if saving people from committing suicide is an agenda, I guess I have one. I would rather have that as my goal than the other side which is to force people so far into hiding they want to kill themselves.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

The only "agenda" is to get equal rights under the law.

That isn't bigotry.

big·ot
 /ˈbɪgət/ Show Spelled[big-uht] Show IPA
–noun
a person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creed, belief, or opinion.

dictionary.reference.com...

You may have some learning to do.

hahaha, I have some learning to do? Hogwash. Behavior is not a right. That bigot definition sounds just like what homosexuals do also. Man and woman came first, not man and man and not woman and woman.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

If by research you mean read the Bible, I have, and it does condone/promote/allow slavery. God even sanctions laws around it about selling your daughter into bondage and what to do if you somehow end up purchasing your own brother.

Show me the verses and I'll show you how your out of context.

I'm still waiting for an accurate and honest answer then why in the context of Leviticus do some Christians still okay the part about homosexuality being wrong but vetoed the sections on shrimp, clothing and grooming?

Those Christians are out of context also. Christians do not obey Jewish laws. We follow Jesus.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Here is a great link for you all to chew on.
www.jesus-is-savior.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Jesus/Yeshua was born of a hebrew woman.
I recently quit a fundamental baptist church after
5 years.I have been listening to a Messianic rabbi
for over a year.I now attend a Messianic synagogue.

edit on 22-3-2011 by mamabeth because: changed post

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Show me the verses where Jesus is against homosexuality. What Jesus IS AGAINST is sexual relations outside of marriage so by denying the gay community the ability to marry you are in fact forcing them to sin and then condemn them for it. Anyone else see something wrong with this standpoint?

Here are the passages about Slavery (Physical bondage and sexual slavery included too):

Leviticus 25:44-46
Leviticus 25:48-53
Ephesians 6:5 (this one actually references Christ too)
Exodus 21" 2-6
Exodus 21:7-11
Deuteronomy 15:12-18
Numbers 31:28-47

These last three do not condone slavery per se but mention of it and not in an abolishing sense:
1 Corinthians 12:13
Galatians 3:28
Colossians 3:11

edit on 22-3-2011 by Dendro because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

BOTH male and female parental roles are required. A child who grows up with two lesbian parents, will grow up warped and confused, having been denied the privilege of a NORMAL home.

I'd like to see the scientific evidence of this. The website you linked is nothing but a large slanted opinion piece by a hate monger. The question I pose to the religious folk is this: Genesis 1:26 says "Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground." So why would he create homosexuals? I would like a straight logical answer (terrible pun intended).

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

Jesus/Yeshua was born of a hebrew woman.
I recently quit a fundamental baptist church after
5 years.I have been listening to a Messianic rabbi
for over a year.I now attend a Messianic synagogue.

edit on 22-3-2011 by mamabeth because: changed post

That is cool!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I will never understand why a 3rd party feels they have the right to keep two (or more) people who love each other apart. Do you not see you are arguing against LOVE. According to my religion, actions against love are sins.
edit on 22-3-2011 by JohnnyTHSeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

"The Homosexual Agenda: Exposing the Principal Threat to Religious Freedom Today".

How ridiculous.

Most gays I know consider themselves Christian. They were raised to believe in God just like most everyone else.

You think just because there are ignorant - prejudice and hate filled bigots - - - gays are going to deny their own God beliefs?

Gays are not a threat to Religious Freedom. Those who continue to hold on to an irrational ancient interpretation of who knows what it actually means - - - are responsible for their own demise.

There are many things in the bible that are no longer practiced because they are no longer rational.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I don't want my kids exposed to a filthy, disease ridden homosexual lifestyle.

Good luck with that. What are you going to do? Construct a parallel reality for your family to exist in? See, I'm more worried about children living in a world of genocide, murder, rape, and war. I always find it baffling that in the face of such horrors, people are so concerned with things like homosexuality. Priorities, man.

Besides that, of course homosexual workers are going to look for jobs in states that allow them the same marital rights as straight couples. This article is just pointing out the obvious, not uncovering some new weapon in the arsenal of the so-called "gay agenda".

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join