It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay Marriage Acceptance or No Jobs

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Dendro

(-!!!!)

Errrrrmmmmmm...........huh?

You seem evasive.Why is that?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by korathin

I am neither leftist, nor a commie; I am a fairly conservative Christian. Pretty sure my pastor is not a leftist commie either. And I don't care if two gay people want to marry. It matter not one iota to me. They are people, created by God, equal in everyway to me. Jesus did not discriminate, so why would any person who claims to be a Christian discriminate?
edit on 22-3-2011 by InvisibleAlbatross because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by AngryOne

I'm not preaching tolerance, I don't care how anyone FEELS about anybody else. We are not (fully) in control of our emotions.

Being around fat smelly people makes me uncomfortable, but I wouldn't try to stop them from marrying or anything else. I have no right to stop them from having children, even though they are likely to turn their children fat and smelly.

I would love to see what statistics you have found.

Oh, and this is what I meant by cryptic "ALL third parties should have the right to be left out of this crap". What do you mean by 'this crap' ? I think 3rd party means ... non-gays? Anti-gays? I don't care, more interested in your stats.
edit on 22-3-2011 by JohnnyTHSeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by AngryOne

I'm not trying to be.

Maybe we shall call it a night? I have a test in the morning and I haven't studied at all because the posts keep getting more provocative.

Peace, AngryOne.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Dendro

Well damn, this IS getting a bit out of hand.
See ya.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross

I am neither leftist, nor a commie; I am a fairly conservative Christian. Pretty sure my pastor is not a leftist commie either. And I don't care if two gay people want to marry. It matter not one iota to me. They are people, created by God, equal in everyway to me. Jesus did not discriminate, so why would any person who claims to be a Christian discriminate?
edit on 22-3-2011 by InvisibleAlbatross because: (no reason given)

Keep telling that to yourself.

1. And He answered and said to them, “Have you not read that He who made them at the beginning ‘made them male and female,’ “and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh?’” (Matt. 19:4.)

2. “For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me; for he wrote about Me. But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?” (John 5:46-47.)

The only difference between Old Testament and New Testament is a)send people into exile instead of executing them(cast them out of the community instead of stoning them to death, but only if they refuse to repent) and b) give people a chance to repent.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyTHSeed

Hmmm.....okay, understood.
But I really do think that we should just consider to agree to disagree; we are obviously on some pretty different wavelengths.

As for stats, I'll see what I can do.....not that you'll care anyway.

See you later.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Mamabeth why do you keep bringing sex into this conversation. This is about equal civil rights for all people. Do you also think that blacks should "keep their place" and stay out of your little world? Actually the issue is not about sex or religious beliefs or morality, its about equal rights under the law. What part of that can't you understand.?????

Your personal opinions are exactly that. YOURS. You want free speech??? So does this lesbian. My granddaughters would love to meet you in a dark alley. From all of your posts, its apparent to me that you are abnormally preoccupied with what people do in bed. This is NOT the issue. If you want to rant about that why dont you start a different thread about it. This thread is about Jobs and Companys who do not condone discrimination.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   

I take it from the replies on this thread,everyone
believes states should lose jobs if the gay marriage
bans aren't reversed.
I am requesting that this thread be closed because
all of your comments are making me sick!

My reply to this post is that perhaps you might benifit from some diversity training. We truely are our brothers keeper.I do hope you feel better. Peace.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Just making a note that when a female is hit on in a bar by a highly obnoxious male who's been drinking, and she is not attracted to him, does she have the right to send him to the ER?

It's crap like this that makes me lose faith in humanity.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by korathin
Then when you add in the fact that many of the principal(people at the top of the gay rights movement) Gay rights activist's since the 60's advocated in America(and practiced in Europe) institutionalized pedophilia, makes one begin to wonder.

I try and live by the Golden rule, but there comes a time when the Law of Mutuality comes into play. Why should we be tolerant and accepting towards those who want to harm and hurt us? One should never go out of their way to hurt another, but one has a legitimate right to self defense.

No, no they do not advocate pedophilia. You're going to have to back that accusation up.

How has any gay person actively tried to hurt you by being gay? It's not self-defense if you attack them 'because' they're gay. It's not molesting you when a gay person is telling you that he thinks you're hot. It's sexual harassment, but should be dealt with like any harassment, with authorities and such. It is not in your rights to "defend" yourself from being flirted with by using violence.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grumble
This isn't about Christianity. This is about hick culture. It is time we expose these so-called Christians (hicks) hiding beneath their religion, hiding to avoid sunlight falling upon their vile cultural bigotry.

Oh,I love this post and have enjoyed reading it
while sipping my morning coffee.
I want to thank-you for making me laugh this day.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

Homosexuality is a sin and try reading the old testament
now and then.
The issue is this...states are being forced into accepting
homosexual marriages or some jobs could be lost.I am
against this.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

It is not appropriate in the United States to base laws on a concept of "sin". "Sin" is a religious concept, and the US is barred from making laws based on religion.

If a state has a legal construct called "marriage", they are required, by the Constitution, to afford equal protection under that legal construct for everybody.

People may be opposed to that, and that's fine, but the wording of the Constitution is clear. Laws barring gay marriage, in states that have laws endorsing heterosexual marriage, are unconstitutional.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Wearing clothing of mixed fibres is a sin, tattooing and piercings are sins, eating shrimp is a sin.
A bunch of us are still waiting for the answer as to how one chooses which parts of Leviticus to obey and which parts should be disregarded.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

And again, we're not all Christians, not all Christians follow the Old Testament, the law shouldn't be based on the Bible, and you are being an advocate for discrimination by believing that your belief gives you the right to dictate how other humans live their lives.

There are countless religions. The law should not be focused around one, however much you may think it is the 'correct' way to live.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
This is my answer to you all,please enjoy...
www.gotquestions.org...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Magantice

Show me a post where I am pre-occupied with what people
do in bed?
Don't ever threaten me again,I did not appreciate your comment
about your grand-daughters' wanting to meet me in an alley.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

This again is using religion to justify unconstitutional discrimination. What your (or any) religion says about homosexuality is not relevant.

And here is the rest of my answer. Pay particular attention to Amendment 14.

Enjoy.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
This is my answer to you all,please enjoy...
www.gotquestions.org...

The Bible also (and in more passages) condones Slavery. How many slaves do you own? From which countries did you obtain your slaves? If you are American, do you prefer Mexican or Canadian slaves?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join