It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay Marriage Acceptance or No Jobs

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I was not surprised, when it was brought to my attention, that
major manufacture industries could suffer if the states upholds
their gay marriage bans.
I believe that a marriage is between a man and a woman,not same
sex unions.I think that it is wrong to force a lifestyle, that many
find repugnant,onto our society.
Using possible job loses, if the states don't overturn gay marriage
bans, is the epitome of stupidity.

www.ibj.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Gay Marriage Acceptance or No Jobs

This has unfortunately become such a political swamp of assault and innuendo that I seriously doubt that any meaningful end is in sight for the near future.

Using a strictly unbiased, dispassionate approach, one can arrive at a position where homosexuality is like a disease that befuddles the human reproductive cycle. In fact, sex is first and foremost to assure the survival of the species. Only after that comes the emotional and intimate relationships.

If one then recognizes that despite what could be termed a 'handicap', we know that people are no longer subjected to humiliations and incarcerations in institutions for situations they have no control over.

Applying this apolitical approach, we must therefore respect the desire of homosexuals to mate with their own gender and allow them to bond/marry, if they so choose. There will be no children so there can be no argument there. If adoptions are left to the courts and the states to decide individually, there will rise places where homosexuals can marry and adopt.

I think it is a mistake to say that homosexuality is anything approaching 'normal' when it comes to the existence of the human race. But it is natural, much like so many other afflictions that we do NOT discriminate against.

+16 more 
posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
I believe that a marriage is between a man and a woman

Fine. If you're a woman, marry a man and vice versa. No one is forcing you to marry someone of your same gender. Other people's marriages are not your business.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I don't give a rats tush what other people do or whom
they marry.When "they" try and FORCE states to
accept their abominable lifestyle to the point of having
jobs lost is not acceptable.I have to finish cooking dinner!
edit on 18-3-2011 by mamabeth because: spelling error

+10 more 
posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

I believe that a marriage is between a man and a woman,not same
sex unions.I think that it is wrong to force a lifestyle, that many
find repugnant,onto our society.

Fortunately that opinion is in the minority now. So, please, don't force that repugnant 18th century thinking into todays society.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

So,I assume from your post reply that you agree
that jobs should be lost because of gay marriage bans?

+9 more 
posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

So,I assume from your post reply that you agree
that jobs should be lost because of gay marriage bans?

I believe that any discrimination should have negative consequences. Be it against gays, minorities, women, whatever. Limited thinking is done. It's time to crawl out of the Middle Ages and if gov't has to do it, I'm fine with that.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Is it the word marriage you object to?
Is it the sex act that you object to?
Do you object to a religious ceremony?
Do you object to a secular ceremony?
Do you find the whole concept of same sex couples a threat?

I'd be more than happy to let the bigoted fundamentalist homophobics keep the word marriage provided it was only used to describe religious ceremonies. All non religious partnerships would be called something else.

That way it would be easier to know where you people are. The only problem though is that there are devout christians who would still want a religious ceremony. Personally I'd be happy for them to use the married word because even gay people can be a bit crazy and like I said it helps to identify them/you.

How does that grab you sweetheart.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

When "they" try and FORCE states to
accept their abominable lifestyle....

What are you referring to? Like the rights of Blacks and Indians that needed gov't intervention to allow them to have the rights they should have had in the first place? Or maybe the Suffrage movement for women? By the same token, please don't FORCE your antiquated ideology on me and the majority of the populous. Hell, it's highly hypocritical.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I take it from the replies on this thread,everyone
believes states should lose jobs if the gay marriage
bans aren't reversed.
I am requesting that this thread be closed because
all of your comments are making me sick!

link   

I wondered how long until another anti-gay thread would take to pop back up.

Employment should always be about the ability of the person to do the job in question.

Not employing someone because they are attracted to the same sex is just bigoted.

Heck, you are using a computer after all. Search for Alan Turing.

en.wikipedia.org...

Maybe if he was alive today and he fell in love, got married he should of been turned down from working on the Enigma machine. Oh, he's a gay! cv in the bin! Doh!
edit on 18-3-2011 by JonoEnglish because: (no reason given)

link   

I disagree that it is the epitome of stupidity. Business' are simply speaking a language that all politicians understand: MONEY. So as this is directly related to a business' ability to attract the most talent, it makes sense that business leaders would frame the argument in this way. What is more distressing to me is the idea that a gay or lesbian individual is someone.. wait, no SOMETHING, that should have anything less than full and equal rights as a citizen.. including the ability to marry. This belief is antiquated and, fortunately, on the decline.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

I gave you a Star and Flag for that Post . The Logic and Reason of it will Definately Fall on Deaf Ears to some on this Board , BRAVO !

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Sorry, small minded as it is, that's not how ATS works. You are free to log out though.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

I take it from the replies on this thread,everyone
believes states should lose jobs if the gay marriage
bans aren't reversed.

Right back at ya!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit

I gave you a Star and Flag for that Post . The Logic and Reason of it will Definately Fall on Deaf Ears to some on this Board , BRAVO !

Shame on you.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by JonoEnglish

For what . Being MAN ENOUGH to Speak my Mind Drac ? Who are you , my Father ? ......

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit
reply to post by JonoEnglish

For what . Being MAN ENOUGH to Speak my Mind Drac ? Who are you , my Father ? ......

I AM YOUR FATHER!...

It's a shame you have such a shallow mind, that's all.

Like I say, search Alan Turing and now tell me if that bloke was to marry another bloke, should he have been rejected from a job due to his sexuality?

edit on 18-3-2011 by JonoEnglish because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

That perception is a worry for companies that are competing nationally to attract highly skilled workers to Indiana, said Jill Cook, vice president of human resources for engine maker Cummins Inc.

She said putting a gay marriage ban in the state constitution would "cause irreparable harm" to Indiana's business climate and complicate the company's decisions on where to locate some high-paying professional jobs.

We will be reluctant to add those jobs if Indiana is a less welcoming and inclusive place for all of our employees," Cook said. Shaun Hawkins, chief diversity officer for Eli Lilly and Co., said attorneys for the drug maker were worried that the amendment's ban on "a legal status identical or substantially similar to that of marriage" was vague and could impair its ability to offer domestic partner benefits.

The way I understood the article was that if someone is in a same sex marriage, they won't qualify for the same perks and benefits as heterosexual couples. Therefore, highly talented people will go elsewhere with their talents.

There was a time that the US did not recognize common law marriages either, between a man and a woman. I used to work for a US based company and was not able to get benefits for my spouse, yet Cdn based companies did provide these benefits.

It's time the US caught up with the rest of the world, or jobs for talented people will go to where they will get no discrimination against them.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join