It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay Marriage Acceptance or No Jobs

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by duality90

I will explain this to you so there will be no
more misunderstandings!
I have a problem with the homosexuals' right
to marry,especially with jobs being lost if they
don't get that right.
Homosexuality is a sin,plain and simple,not
an alternate,acceptable lifestyle to be taught
to our children,or grandchildren.
Sexual behavior and appetites shouldn't define
who you are as a person.
Sex belongs behind closed doors as a private
communication between two people.
People keep screaming about their rights,get a grip
people,we are slowly losing every right that we do have.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

I will explain this to you so there will be no
more misunderstandings!
I have a problem with the homosexuals' right
to marry,especially with jobs being lost if they
don't get that right.
Homosexuality is a sin,plain and simple,not
an alternate,acceptable lifestyle to be taught
to our children,or grandchildren.
Sexual behavior and appetites shouldn't define
who you are as a person.
Sex belongs behind closed doors as a private
communication between two people.
People keep screaming about their rights,get a grip
people,we are slowly losing every right that we do have.

Something isn't a sin just because you don't like it.

If you're going to throw something from the bible at me to refute this then I will point out it says everyone is a sinner, that includes you so I guess everyone is in the same boat and you can rest easy.

This of course is only if you think the bible isn't a load of old fart dust on too many pages.

I do agree with your last two sentences though.
edit on 22-3-2011 by Garfee because: typo

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

You do not care that homosexual people are people who pay taxes, vote, die for their country, raise children successfully and deserve equal rights under the law to Jobs and Federal tax breaks as well . Mt partner and I should also be entitled to each others health ins and social security benefits. When we have those rights we just might shut up. Civil unions do not give us those rights. Heck even if we get married by someone, what good is it if it isnt legal?

Deny it all you want to, but you are preoccupied by "other issues". Its sooooooooo obvious.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

I believe that a marriage is between a man and a woman

Fine. If you're a woman, marry a man and vice versa. No one is forcing you to marry someone of your same gender. Other people's marriages are not your business.

If they are trying to FORCE the acceptance of gay marriage,
how long before they FORCE others to be gay? Think about it!
There is a reason why G*D destroyed sodom and gomorrah, it
was to punish them them for being gay. I hope he does it again.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. D

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

I believe that a marriage is between a man and a woman

Fine. If you're a woman, marry a man and vice versa. No one is forcing you to marry someone of your same gender. Other people's marriages are not your business.

If they are trying to FORCE the acceptance of gay marriage,
how long before they FORCE others to be gay? Think about it!
There is a reason why G*D destroyed sodom and gomorrah, it
was to punish them them for being gay. I hope he does it again.

Gay people don't try and recruit, they dont give a sh*t who is gay and who is straight. That is the difference.

You are so terrified of this that is hilarious.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyTHSeed

...Okay, regarding statistics, a quick Google search will bring up some VERY interesting results.
Just have a quick look and get back to me; it should all be there in the first few pages of the search.

While there are also articles attempting to refute these claims, they seem to ALL ignore PER CAPITA.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr. D

This has to be a troll post, it HAS to be.

I cannot believe that someone can hold this viewpoint in 2011 with information and knowledge so readily at your fingertips.. I am speechless.
edit on 23-3-2011 by wtf1is1happening because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by wtf1is1happening
reply to post by Mr. D

This has to be a troll post, it HAS to be.

I cannot believe that someone can hold this viewpoint in 2011 with information and knowledge so readily at your fingertips.. I am speechless.
edit on 23-3-2011 by wtf1is1happening because: (no reason given)

haha I like the idea of the government 'forcing' gayness upon people, that may be the most ridiculous conspiracy theory I have ever heard haha.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

You are right, everyone is a sinner,including me.
I am a sinner saved by God's grace.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Not to be bashing, but that still gives you no right to judge others and keep away their equal rights under law.

Isn't there some line in the Bible about "Judge ye not, let ye be judged yourself?"

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   

reply to post by Garfee

You are right, everyone is a sinner,including me.
I am a sinner saved by God's grace.

And yet still a sinner.

I personally do not believe that the bible is the word of god or even half true. Some of it maybe, it would be great to know which parts and how to actually tell.

You chose to be christian and follow what you believe to be true but homosexuals didn't choose to be so, they just are. The argument that they can change ignores that the only way that can happen is abstinence or bisexuality.

Losing jobs due to policy isn't a good thing but if it promotes deserved tolerance, it may be the way to go.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

I am not judging,I am repeating what scripture
says,homosexuality is a sin.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AngryOne

Statistics about what? How many gay people there are? How many gays have raised children? Stats on the quality of life of said children vs those raised in a traditional or other non-traditional house hold?

Your going to have to be more specific; it would be best if you just posted the stats yourself, because as they say: you can lead a fag to a vagina but you can't make him # it.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

reply to post by Varemia

I am not judging,I am repeating what scripture
says,homosexuality is a sin.

Do you believe that the separation of Church and State is a good thing? or would you rather we live under a theocracy?

I'm not saying from a doctrinal standpoint that you are wrong. Christianity teaches that homosexual behavior is sinful. That much is true.

What people on this thread find repugnant is your belief that people should adhere to your values i.e. you think it is wrong that people are being threatened with being sacked if they discriminate against homosexuals.

Why not just live your life and not worry about what other people do? If you don't care what homosexuals do behind closed doors, why should you care when the State says 'it is unacceptable for you to say in an official capacity that homosexuality is wrong and/or bad'? Your work life doesn't have to mirror your personal life.

I'm sure there are many Christians that work with homosexuals and get on fine with them at work. On Sunday at Church they may think 'I like him and wish he would save his soul', but that's unfortunately each person's choice to make. Spreading the word of God doesn't necessarily involve imposing it upon people who do not want it.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

What "official" capacity do you feel that I have?
I am not alone in my beliefs concerning homosexuality.
I don't like people being FORCED into accepting
homosexuality or losing their jobs.

For the record...I am a stay-at-home housewife!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Ah, that explains it then. You spend your days not being affected by the world of homosexuality, and so you decide to fight for a cause, and the first one that came to mind which you could justify with your religion was to fight homosexuals rights.

I see how that makes you a good person, judging others because you say your book "already judges them." Regardless of whether something is a sin or not (and the Bible never explicitly says "Homosexuality is a sin"), you still are not permitted to judge others. That is God's job. If you're right, then the homosexuals get judged by God and sent to Hell. You can say you tried to inform them of their choice and go on with your immortality. Or, you can judge them DURING LIFE ON EARTH, and God can look down on you in scorn because you think you can do his job better than he can.

Leave them alone and stop acting like you are "holier than thou."

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

Ahhh,wrong! Please reread some of my other posts.
I am quite familiar with the homosexual society!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

What "official" capacity do you feel that I have?
I am not alone in my beliefs concerning homosexuality.
I don't like people being FORCED into accepting
homosexuality or losing their jobs.

For the record...I am a stay-at-home housewife!

If homosexuality isn't important, why should people care if they have to agree not to openly discriminate against gays? Just as you would probably get fired if you said something derogatory towards black people, is it so unreasonable for a person to lose their job for open discrimination against gays? If a company (or the state government) doesn't want to have the image of being discriminatory, then people are going to have to either swallow their doctrinal pride and get on with it or be out of a job. Unfortunately. Just like police aren't allowed to discriminate against gays or people based on the color of their skin, why is it so bad that we say that all discrimination is a bad thing?

What was the point of this thread anyways? Saying that the federal government will not hire people in certain states if they don't repeal their ban on gay marriage? Has the federal government even enacted such a bill legalising gay marriage in the eyes of the federal government? As far as I knew, all Obama had said was 'we're going to stop fighting people who bring cases concerning it's constitutionality'. Was that not the case?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
And again Mamabeth,

noone here (well, maybe some) are saying that you are not entitled to your own opinion. I agree with you that homosexual behavior is doctrinally contrary to the teachings of the Church - I still believe that a gay person is capable of receiving divine compassion however.

Beyond which, we're not saying that you can't have your own opinion. Just that that opinion is a personal opinion which many may find offensive, and which therefore does not have a place in the public realm. Hence why judges, police et c are not allowed to discriminate against people on the grounds of race, religion, color, or sexuality (amongst other things?).

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Wow, crazy thread. the only 2 cents I'm going to throw out is this:

No-one can force anyone to "accept" another persons lifestyle, period. I smoke cigarettes, shall I try to persuade everyone in to "accepting" that part of me? I like to wear a leather jacket, some people think that's wrong, so shall I try to force them to "accept" what I wear? Absolutely not! People need to just live their lives and stop trying to impose their lifestyles on everyone else. This goes the same for the extremely religious as well.

edit on 23-3-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join