It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING : UN Security Council authorizes no-fly zone over Libya

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I don't buy in to this whole they want democracy thing - no vote has been taken so that's not a very democratic approach to democracy if you ask me.

Don't believe for a second this new war is for a humanitarian cause! WAKE UP! It's for the oil - like it always has been.

Iraq: 180,000,000,000 bbl (World rank - 2)

Libya: 41,000,000,000 bbl (World rank - 10)

US: 21,000,000,000 bbl (World rank - 12)

Estimated Afghanistan oil: 1,800,000,000 bbl

"Afghanistan said on 15/08/2010 it had discovered an oilfield with an estimated 1.8 billion barrels in the north of the war-ravaged country, where U.S. and other foreign forces are trying to tame a Taliban-led insurgency."
www.reuters.com...

Coincidence, that the US happened to be fighting in the part of Afghanistan that the massive new oil reserves were found increasing Afghanistans reserves 10 times?
Coincidence, that the next target of the UN which is mostly comprised of US forces is Libya, ranked 10th in the world for oil?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Discover
it's about time!!!

Those poor people were getting bombed by their own government! crimes against humanity! The tides are definitely changing in the middle east.

I'm sure there might be some fall backs but it must be done. Gaddafi just can't seem to get a grip on his own people!

all lies and propaganda. you are terribly misinformed or are a liar.

this is just another case of the US and UN doing Israel's dirty work.
edit on 18-3-2011 by Unplugged because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by deutschbag
reply to post by MikeboydUS

CIA worked directly with OBL

Negative. OBL would have nothing to do with anything American even at that time, which included the CIA. He refused any money or assistance that he even THOUGHT might have originated in America, including what the ISI tried to provide. We did not train, finance, nor equip OBL.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Unplugged

"All lies" So you are saying gadaffi is a good guy?

You need to study more. A destabilized Lybia is a threat to Israel.

Stop falling back on cliches and find some relevant info.
edit on 18-3-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Gaddafi broke the cease fire agreement set by the world stage. If Gaddafi keeps killing, military action from france,spain and a few others will go threw.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Just watching live broadcast from Trippoli

Lots of spin,denials of any human rights abuses etc.Fron under sec from Libya
Theres one guy interpreting .....yet every now and again the main speaker bursts into English-bit like the interview
with Gadaffi.
Looks like a PR exercise but is lacking in known substance.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

And one last thing...off topic but important....its a little disrespectful to the agonising japanese people who have suffered great hardship with little logistical and technical help from any official body...to be bypassed and made irrellevant.

While I agree with your previous point about WHY we care, I disagree that it's an either/or situation. JApan is not being 'ignored'. US has troops there helping. Several nations are helping. It is possible to pay attention to more than one thing.

You do realise it took four days for the IAEA to go to japan? And now that they are there, what are they doing to help? What is the american military doing....I heard the navy packed up and left due to abnormal radiation levels.

Does the UN care about japan, the pacific islands, USA, etc? If those reactors explode huge plumes will travel across the ocean and affect everyone. The UN should be convening about THAT, NOT libya. Libya is not as important imo.

Yes it IS either this or that. When someone in your family gets sick, you forget about everything else and deal ONLY with him/her! Japan(and I hope I am wrong) could turn out 2-3 times worst then chernobyl for crying out loud.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unplugged

Originally posted by Discover
it's about time!!!

Those poor people were getting bombed by their own government! crimes against humanity! The tides are definitely changing in the middle east.

I'm sure there might be some fall backs but it must be done. Gaddafi just can't seem to get a grip on his own people!

this is just another case of the US and UN doing Israel's dirty work.
edit on

18-3-2011 by Unplugged because: (no reason given)

I would really really love to here this so please.... continue with your wild claims

You think this is all Israel's doing ?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Big shots heard in Tobruk, Gaddafi's troops at 50 kms of Benghazi. The US doesn't want to be mixed up in this fight for democracy, understandbly, but didn't they have a carrier over there?

Speculative as it is: Ghaddafi will be bombed tonight. He would be committing atrocities right now, it is said here in the Dutch program 'Nieuwsuur'. He should be bombed now, so Obama go for heroism!!@
edit on 18-3-2011 by Spinoza73 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-3-2011 by Spinoza73 because: add-on and corrections (not concluded)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Today I am mostly feeling ashamed of my country.

Where is the uprising in the capital Tripoli? Most people there support Gadaffi. There has not been an uprising there and neither most of the East of the country.

I see Typhoons could be used in a combat situation for the first time. Well we have to put them to the test somewhere. Damn this condemnation government!!!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spinoza73
Big shots heard in Tobruk, Gaddafi's troops at 50 kms of Benghazi. The US doesn't want to be mixed up in this fight for democracy, understandbly, but didn't they have a carrier over there?

Yes both the USS Enterprise & the french Charles De Gaulle aircraft carrier's are in the area or striking distance, i think the Charles De Gaulle is somewhere of the coast of Sicily Italy maybe closer now, and the USS Enterprise still in the Suez canal chances are that is also making its way out into the med,

Are you saying you think the "big shot" could be air strikes? or pro Gadhafi's forces attacking ?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Is there any way someone can explain in a few sentences what's happening in libya, If it's too complicated then forget it!!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978
Today I am mostly feeling ashamed of my country.

Where is the uprising in the capital Tripoli? Most people there support Gadaffi. There has not been an uprising there and neither most of the East of the country.

I see Typhoons could be used in a combat situation for the first time. Well we have to put them to the test somewhere. Damn this condemnation government!!!

Are you serious or trolling? I see you have quite a few posts under your belt so I'll assume you are genuine, but you are pro-Labour, anti Tory. But why you have bring party politics into this - I have no idea? You would prefer a Labour government, fair enough.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

China has a large air force. but there cant match the projected power as the u.s....not yet any way. china can fight back unlike backward countries in the desert lol

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

One mans terrorist is another mans mercanary. Hypocrisy works on both sides.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DizzeeWarrior

Essentially civil war has broken out and therefore threatened the production of Oil coming out of this country.

Now, the U.S has despised Libya since the Lockerbie bombing, although Europe has cosied up to Libya since around 2003, as they have seen the potential to sell arms and gain the Oil from them at a decent price.

However, since Gadaffi started fighting back against the rebels, the U.S has tried to hold the moral ground and the Europens have seen a chance to grab the Oil and make BIG money from it (not that the European people will feel the benefit).

Anyway, they needed an excuse to bomb the crap out of Gadaffi because the U.S has wanted this all along and the Europeans thought this would be a good time to try out their new Euro Fighters (Typhoons) on which they have spent Millions of Euros on (they have to justify the costs).

It went to the U.N security council and ten countries all of a sudden decided to be Lib Dems and sat on the fence. They abstained from making a decision leaving the door open for the the other countries to get together and form an invasion force, oops sorry, an air defence alliance.

So here we are. Sit back and watch your reality T.V and catch up with the destruction of Libya on the 6 O'Clock or 10 O'Clock news. Peace.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DSSONE

No, I do hate this condemnation, just as much as I hated Labour for going into Iraq.

I do not support any of the mainstream parties, never will.

You don't know me, so how dare you cast aspersions upon me. I take it you have not read the majority of my posts relating to this or any other issue I am concerned about.

Blair led us down this path and Cameron has followed his lead. I am awake to the fact that any U.K Prime Minister just follows the commands of his overseers. It's the Rothschild's of this world that set the agenda, nice to meet you.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

Okay, please accept my apology. It's a pleasure to stumble across someone who is not for any of the mainstream parties. But, surely, you will accept that use of "con-dem" is likely to cause some observers to conclude that you are pro-Labour - since it's a term they seem fond of using. Once again, sorry dude. I believe you. I have had a drink or 2 and ATS seems uncontrollably left wing once I've consumed

edit on 18/3/2011 by DSSONE because: oops

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by thevoiceofreason85

Uh huh...

And how does that jive with killing a plane full of innocent people?

Moral relativism will be the end of western civilization. And people like you are the example.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
reply to post by projectvxn

I think he's referring to the Texas Air National Guard.

Which is funded and equipped by the Federal government. None of those assets say "property of the State of Texas" and those uniforms say "US Air Force", just like the Army National guard uniform says "US Army".

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join