It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING : UN Security Council authorizes no-fly zone over Libya

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by deutschbag
reply to post by MikeboydUS

CIA worked directly with OBL

You have a credible source?

Even the Pakistani ISI has said only it had contact with Bin Laden and other foreign fighters in Afghanistan.

The book, Holy War, Inc. Inside the Secret World of Osama bin Laden, by Peter Bergen goes in more depth with this.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Looks like somebody is bombing something now. This came out a few minutes ago.

Plane bombs an area near Benghazi in Libya

BENGHAZI, Libya -- A plane bombed an area south-west of Libya’s rebel stronghold of Benghazi early Saturday and two columns of smoke were seen rising from the targeted zone, AFP journalists reported.

Its unknown whos plane it was. Either Gaddafi or UN....I doubt the rebels have planes at the moment
edit on 19-3-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Libya threatened to nationalize their oil again. You can claim its about civilians all you want but the fact remains that its a civil war a sovereign nation is fighting.

When the civil war in America breaks out I want to see your faces when you find UN troops on your soil setting up no fly zones and meddling in your affairs... Everyone and their grandma knows that the rebels are CIA sponsored and there is nothing else to it. Innocent people will die regardless of the outcome and you people talking about it being entertaining make me sick, you are not humans.

This thread is full of trolls...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000
"Resolution to impose a no-fly zone over Libya and authorize “all necessary measures” to protect civilians from attacks by Moammar Gadhafi's force"

This is war in full scale

A war that is fought in the air, rather than in the deserts, waddies and paddies of North Africa as in El Alamein with Rommel and Montgomery sapping armor clanging through the dunes, is more an action than a war. Same type of action as the air war over Kosovo, where incidentally we were attacking the Serbian positions to protect rebels such as OB Laden. What goes around comes around again I guess.

Libya is so heavily outgunned that there is little prospect that an effective defense could be mounted even for a moment.
If I was a Libyan tank driver I would be heading out over the dunes for Khartoum, about now.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Lybia
edit on 19-3-2011 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)

11.33 The update crashed fighter was probably from the rebels, reports BBC. Seems statements by rebel leaders against Al Jazeera (updated 10.26) to confirm.
edit on 19-3-2011 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
11.47 Update: Al Jazeera reports that a Red Cross camp under fire with artillery

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

That was posted at exactly 11.33 by bbc?........these 11s and 33s that keep popping up are creepy

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
French and the British competeing over Libya.... US nowhere to be seen
, although i am British myself, i feel that the French has the edge, they seem to be steaming full ahead, but since cameron came in to power the British and French cooperate much more closely, i never did like the french because i thought they were spineless.... now it seems they are flexing their muscles.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978
Where is the uprising in the capital Tripoli?

Now? If they’re not out on the streets at the moment, they’re at home afraid, in a cell getting their teeth kicked in or dead. There have been many protests in Tripoli in the past, for example there was a very large protest beginning outside a Mosque in Tajura after Friday prayers on the 4th of March. You know that all foreign journalists in Tripoli have government minders and they’re only allowed to film what their minders allow them to, right? Or rather what they’re forced to report on, as they spend a lot of their time being carted around from one staged event to another staged event.

Yesterday they were prevented from leaving their hotels so that they were unable to report on clashes between security forces and protesters in Tripoli. They claim that there are no protests and that pro-Gaddafi forces have complete control, but prevent journalists from travelling freely with the attached claim that certain areas are too dangerous for some reason. They must take health and safety very seriously, as many journalists have been abducted and beaten for attempting to travel to "dangerous" areas, for example Zawiyah when it was rebel-held.

Most people there support Gadaffi.

Says who? Gaddafi? Libyan State TV?

There has not been an uprising there and neither most of the East of the country.

Absolute bollocks. Apart from Tripoli and Sirte, the only cities that are definitely government-held are cities that had to be retaken by the military, due to "uprising" I suppose. Zuwarah, Az Zintan, Sabratha, Zawiyah and Gharyan for example. Misrata is still rebel-held.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TribeOfManyColours
11.47 Update: Al Jazeera reports that a Red Cross camp under fire with artillery

Taken with a grain of salt.

2nd

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Oil defense complex Fox News just told everyone to buy Buy BUY OIL salivating about oil going over 130 this summer due to the attacks on Libya which produces less than 2% of the worlds oil output. They minimized the lack of demand in Japan for oil which has decreased more than 2%. Does anyone else here see this oil racket for what it is... propagated BS through the tool of corporately controlled mass media?

We need "position limits" placed on N. Y. Mercantile Exchange buy orders. There is a position coming up in June on this board en.wikipedia.org... Tell Obama that we want someone who will impose "position limits" on futures trading.

Stop the oil trading madness!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Arab League Splits From West After Libya Bombing

Things are looking better already.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by sliceNodice

Really? They are looking better every minute> www.gas-cost.net...

Western powers use their intel assets to create internal conflicts within oil export producing countries so to drive up oil prices, and rob everyone in through the manipulated inflated prices of everything.

Oh looky what oil closed at a few minutes ago? www.vietnammarkets.com... Way up ever since the internal conflict started in Libya and other places in the Middle East with a little retraction at the end of trading today. This of course so biz shows can report oil has closed down relative to the open this morning designed to distract people from the reality that oil is overall double of what it really should be. That is it should be trading around half of what it is now if true supply and demand pressures were allowed to work within a free market. This is based on historical supply and demand data also accounting for inflation. It's a contrived manipulated market rigged by just a few major investors who produce oil themselves. They invest in offshore hedge funds which speculators then use to drive up oil trading.

Everyone looses but them.

Like being robed by oil men? Keep thinking war is good in the Middle East.
edit on 21-3-2011 by LilDudeissocool because: Link issue

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by LilDudeissocool

Oil prices are FAR ore subject to the whims of the market than they are to actual, on-the-ground issues. Oil prices rising or falling can not be literally connected to this recent military action, as it would take months for those effects to be felt on the market. This is market speculators playing with world events as an excuse.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
When the UN is planning to use American military assets, American money, and American lives for it's own purpose, congress needs to approve..

Let the UN get it's own money and people to do it's dirty work. Until then, our President cannot unilaterally abide by international law if it conflicts with the law of our land. Going to war with Lybia is illegal under our constituton as is the UN having any power to overstretch our constitution. Congress needs to approve ALL wars and ALL international agreements must go through the Senate. THAT IS the law
edit on 22-3-2011 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by lazimodo

Ahhh but you remember the WW2 battles in North Africa. European powers waging epic tank battles for control of the oil supply found in the desert across the Mediterranean Sea. This latest battle may not be as grand as the last but make no mistake it is about Europe first and the peoples of North Africa dead last.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds
reply to post by LilDudeissocool

Oil prices are FAR ore subject to the whims of the market than they are to actual, on-the-ground issues. Oil prices rising or falling can not be literally connected to this recent military action, as it would take months for those effects to be felt on the market. This is market speculators playing with world events as an excuse.

Your last sentence is spot on.

If I may comment on your seconded sentence, this is how it works. "Literally connected?" Let me explain in a bit of detail how connected they are in a macro economic mutual benefit arrangement.

Here it is:

Western intel agencies create political destabilization in oil producing areas of the world. Then you have "market speculators playing with" these "world events as an excuse." Speculators primarily use capital derived from hedge funds that are operated off shore where oil producers are heavily invested in out of reach of USG regulatory oversight. Speculators bid up the price on the price insurances which is what is actually being traded. However price insurances are used as a hard price barometer for setting new hard contract prices between seller and buyer, producer and wholesaler. The extra profits gained from such manipulative practices are then invested in T-bills and campaigns of politicians who are friendly to DOD and intel pork expenditures. The rest of the ill gotten gains go into banking by way of purchasing bonds which are used to fund the Discount Window at the FED. ( And no the FED does not issue new moneys out of nothing. ) This supplies credit both to the private and public sector as the FED does purchase Ts from the USG. Intel knows who butters their bread, and so they know what to do. That is keep the Middle East in turmoil for the benefit of oil producers both foreign and domestic, and to protect those producers at all costs enforcing their ownerships of oil production and trade in USDs. This protection arrangement is practiced for as long as oil, gas and coal producers keep the USG and political campaigns flush with cash.

This is so touchy speaking about this publicly that I bet ATS Live would never dare to discuss this on their show. I say this because I'm sure ATS relies on financing. Poking Mother Goose can be taxing because her beak is very quick and sharp. The former Gov of Illinois thought he would pressure a bank publicly into loaning money to a Illinois Window company and the next day he was arrested on trumped up charges and demonize in the press along with his State Assembly turning on him. He poked Mother Goose, petro banking, the credit masters, and credit is just a means of parking savings of storage vehicles, loans, driven by depositors, mostly energy producers, into parking spaces called credit consumers. That's you, I and the USG.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Gahdaffy was going to mint his own coins
he has a couple tons of gold
as has the other african nations
how dare they?
smash them!
like the arab banking system
like ahmajinadad
like marcos
like saddam
like lincoln
like kennedy

*sigh*
jump baby jump

like you know how when a crab tries to climb out of the bucket
the other crabs grab him and drag him back in....
oilsoaked crab..anyone?

edit on 23-3-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-3-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by sliceNodice
British cameraman among four journalists captured by Gaddafi fighters in Tripoli
Things are looking better every minute.

Explain how a British cameraman being detained by Gaddafi is a "things are looking better" moment?

Artillery hitting a Red Cross station. Did a French jet offload an artillery battalion on a cloud and start shelling them?
Proof Gaddafi is a war criminal and the posters of ATS sneer at the report or cheer Gaddafi on. Sad day indeed.

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24 >>

join