It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
I think the only positive comment that can be made is that europe will finally take charge of a war operation, rather than cry to daddy for help. Its about time if you ask me, especially since britain and france want it 10 times more than america.
I am sick and tired of america and israel taking the blame for everything.
Amen to that!
Originally posted by Immortalgemini527
Originally posted by LilDudeissocool
Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
I am ashamed as an American that we fight some third world country without a modern military. We need to pick on someone our own size. I am a man dammit, I love my country, but my country needs to act like a man and pick a fight with Russia, china and GB all at the same time for it to be interesting. We should be ashamed...its like a tank vs a Hyundai.
If it was a modern war we would be seeing body bags by the plane full coming, even a possibility of a carrier loss. state of the art SAM systems...but noo..we have to pick on some third world rag tag African country with a lot of oil...
I'm thinking that might happen one day. China and Russia conduct joint military exercises. For what reason do you think they are conducting them for? It's all about controlling the global energy trade, and China and Russia eventually want to own it all.
Why are you so cool unc?,you are the bestest ever when it comes to things like this,keep up the good work.
Originally posted by DSSONE
I don't see how anyone will be criticised for removing Gadaffi - the French are involved remember, lol? Anyway, on the contrary, the US is likely to be criticised for its reticence in this case.
Originally posted by xavi1000
BREAKING : UN Security Council authorizes no-fly zone over Libya
(visit the link for the full news article)
The UN Security Council has approved a resolution to impose a no-fly zone over Libya and authorize “all necessary measures” to protect civilians from attacks by Moammar Gadhafi's forces. The vote on Thursday was 10-0 with five abstentions, including Russia and China.
BENGHAZI, Libya (AFP) – Libya on Saturday accused rebels of breaching a truce as insurgents mobilised to defend their stronghold of Benghazi and a French diplomat said Western military intervention was imminent.
Washington also accused the Kadhafi regime of violating the truce.
But Libyan Deputy Foreign Minister Khaled Kaaim early Saturday accused rebels of breaching Tripoli's self-declared ceasefire. He earlier said the Libyan military will not attack Benghazi, which has a one-million population.
"Armed militias have begun firing a few minutes ago in the town of Al Magrun," about 80 kilometers south of Benghazi, he told reporters. "The bombing is continuing."
But rebel military council official Khaled al-Sayeh told reporters in Benghazi that the "Kadhafi regime never stopped firing or attacking people. Until this moment he is still attacking places ... under siege."
He said there had been "sustained shelling" in Zintan, Ajdabiya and Misrata on Friday.