It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING : UN Security Council authorizes no-fly zone over Libya

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leemo
This is terrible, just like what Xavi said, when everyone's eyes is on Japan, now its time to invade poor Libya, that's terrible!

Have the lybians fighting ghadaffi not been asking for this for weeks now?

second

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by LilDudeissocool

Another, protracted civil war. This one will only serve to allow speculators, cough, energy producer's capital, clear throat, to manipulate oil price up even further beyond the realm of true supply and demand pressures because we don't have any "position limits" imposed on the N.Y. Merc anymore.

Note: www.thenation.com...

Tell Obama to appoint someone this June that will vote to impose position limits.

Western intel actively works to destabilize the Middle East in order to create excuses for manipulating up oil futures.

STOP THE INDUSTRIAL WAR COMPLEX /slash/ OIL PRICE MANIPULATION RACKET THAT IS PUTTING US ALL INTO THE POORHOUSE!

TELL THE PRESIDENT AND CONGRESS "NO MORE. WE ARE WISING UP TO THE SCHEME THAT"S BEEN MINING OUR POCKETS FOR YEARS NOW."

I don't believe it's any sort of western orchestrated destabilization plan. I think it's more a case of oil companies not wanting to let a perfectly good crisis go to waste. "Yeah, let's just pump up oil prices 50% or better, and not tell anyone that if all the Libyan oil wells in existence went kablooey tomorrow, it would only affect 2% of the oil supply. Yeah, that's the ticket! Put this crisis to work making money!"

As far as WHO is "orchestrating" the crisis, for your scenario to ring true, the same sorts of events would have to follow EACH of these Middle Eastern "uprisings" - else they wouldn't happen.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

They have two.

We have built 168 F-22s.

POTUS is speaking live.
edit on 18/3/11 by MikeboydUS because: add

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by CordDragonzord
It's funny how similar Obama is to Bush, hell, they even look the same to me.

Instead of taking troops out of the middle east he is sending more, great.

Wait...Obama is president of the earth? this was the UN, not the US.

Its amazing how much italian president mario is like bush...or etc etc etc (name all members of world politics here).

Well he did tell Berliners he is "Citizen of the World", which sounds almost like a player in a sci fi movie about Starship Troopers, and I think he does fancy himself in charge of everything, or perhaps he aspires to be the Head of the UN World Govt and maybe this Presidency over the US is just a natural stepping stone for him, as he has never shown one iota of concern for US National Sovereignty. He acts already as if he is just moving chess pieces around at whim according to some plan concocted behind closed doors with a powerful elite. People have made the mistake of thinking he is an anomaly, but I think he fits right into the NWO plans.

Incidentally, I wonder why the UN gave Qaddafi a 24 hour notice before any possible air strikes? Is there preparation for him to get out, the same way Bin Ladin and his family somehow managed to escape?
edit on 18-3-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-3-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: sp

edit on 18-3-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
If LIbya is so important why did few people know about it before today. Why wasn't Bush talking about it. I haven't heard Obama mention libya before today. Why did libya become important.

Someone tell me whether i've had my head in the sand.

Did this just happen now or was it brewing for years? And if so why did I hear nothing from Bush? All I remember him complaining about was Iraq and Afghanistan which I can understand.

You have indeed had your head in the sand. Gaddafi and the "West" go way back.

This particular situation is nothing like the Iraq war. To those saying the EQ in Japan was used to expedite this or as a distraction, you have to be joking?! It's taken over a month to get this far. The biggest clue that this was due to happen occurred on 10 March, when France recognised the National Libyan Council (NLC), as the country's legitimate government.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by HeldHostage14

Originally posted by Leemo
This is terrible, just like what Xavi said, when everyone's eyes is on Japan, now its time to invade poor Libya, that's terrible!

This is true and sad. no wonder i havent heard the U.S do anything about the Japanese tragedy, besides send a drone. smh

Really? REALLY? Yeah, there aren't 5000+ Sailors out here on the USS Ronald Reagan plus her entire battle group + donating 2500+ material items for the Japanese survivors + all of the US Military helping who are stationed in Japan. No, all we did was send a drone.

Give me a break, sheesh!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by DSSONE

Nice post. This isn't some sort of conspiracy to control Libya - like most of the middle eastern countries they are revolting against their dicatorship (now there might be a conspiracy in WHY all these middle eastern countries are revolting right now)...at first the Libyan Council did NOT want a No-Fly zone instituded and the UN respected that.

Then, when Ghadafi starting bombing all the rebels, they called for it, and the UN security council approved said resolution. I really am not seeing the conspiracy here...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Geoneo99
It's just crazy!
It seems that they (Global Mindf....ers) really are not from our planet...

They certainly are probably not...the Book of Enoch explains it very nicely. Spiritually wicked in high places...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DSSONE

Way back?

When he kicked the US out of Libya after he overthrew our ally King Idris?

When he invited the Soviets in, who maintained a base with heavy bombers ready to attack NATO from 1970-1989?

When we bombed Libya in 1986?
edit on 18/3/11 by MikeboydUS because: he

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deebo
I just don't see why they can't set up some mobile SAM sites first, few ground units with stingers scattered around.. THEN bomb if all else fails. This is stupid.

Deebo

Are you advocating a ground invasion? That's what it would take to set up GROUND UNITS!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

You choose what constitutes "way back". Personally, due to my age, my own recollections go as far back as the last eighties only. I do not pretend to have an expert knowledge on the matter which is why I was less than specific in my post. However, I was confident enough to assert that what is happening has roots in issues and a relationship that precedes the latest Iraq war, for sure.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBogmonster
Look people wanting the removal of this tyrant are DYING!!!!

Yeah, that happens in wars, "civil" or not.

the USA have been complicit in many many invasion & overthrows over the years (as has the UK)

All the more reason to sit this one out. Accusations fly, you know? Why jump right in front of one?

so either way some nutball will attempt to attack you and us for that - if you take the view that it's their business and Gadf should be allowed to slaughter his own people then you should be ashamed of yourself.

It IS their own internal business. It will BE their own internal business until they make an external attack (sort of like what the UN is doing NOW). Ashamed? Of NOT poking my nose in someone else's business? Yeah. I'll get right on that...

there are very few recent military actions that can be properly justified (Iraq, Afghan etc were obviously illegal)

NEITHER was "illegal", although the Iraq front was ill-advised.

but this is NOT about us, it's about people trying to defend their rights and freedoms. I was under the impression that was what your whole constitution was about!

That's right, OUR Constitution, NOT Libya's! OUR Constitution sort of doesn't apply in THEIR country! If you really think anyone there is "defending rights and freedoms", then stand back and let them have at it. Wait 'till the dust settles, and see how much "freedom" and how many "rights" they end up with. Keep in mind they may not define those things quite the way "we" do, and it matters nary a whit who is left standing at the end of the day.

I hate to quote Woody H, but "it's time to Nut Up or Shut Up!"

I pick door number three...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DSSONE

There was a change after 9-11. Gaddafi was scared, as was everyone was after 9-11. Much of the world thought we were going to nuke someone in retaliation. He helped suppress Al Qaida in response.

Then after Saddam fell he made outright overtures to the UK and the US. He essentially bought, with oil money, a new relationship with the US and UK.

Things started to sour though after he buddied up with Chavez and acted like a loon at the UN. Money can only go so far.
edit on 18/3/11 by MikeboydUS because: he

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackcat99
So why aren't we getting involved in places like Zimbabwe but we are getting involved in places like Afghanistan, Iraq and Libya - one answer

Oil

Afghan oil? Would you like to buy some? I have a nice stock of it. I keep it under this bridge I own in New York.

BTW, that bridge is for sale, too...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Update 20.17: Just before Obama began speaking, Reuters carried an anonymous diplomat who claims that France and Britain before the international summit tomorrow in Paris with fighter planes could fly over Libya. This would be a purely symbolic act.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by RisenAngel77
I noticed a pattern on war. Everytime the U.S enters a recession, they go to war and somehow miraculously the economy is "fixed" after the war ends.

This leads me to conclude, that they raid and pillage other nations for their own greed.

Interesting theory -

Care to name 4 or 5 instances of where the US has been in a recession and then entered war and the economy was "fixed?" if not I'll assume you're talking out your azz.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Thanks for giving me your view. The whole relationship is so complex, I am not qualified to comment on it.

For example, I'm not so sure about Gadaffi buying a new relationship with UK/US - as far as I was aware, the UK in particular, through the Labour government, needed Libya to appear rehabilitated so they could get BP back in to the country. So, more of a mutual understanding that BP can return to Libya and "we'll tell the rest of the world you've changed". Maybe this is just me looking at it from a UK perspective.

Anyway, I don't wish to get too involved in the history right now, though I am happy to read others' contributions. I came to the thread merely to state that it's ridiculous to claim that events in Japan are a handy smokescreen for the NFZ.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ajmusicmedia
I've been reading stuff like this from Lybia for over 30 years. Of course, it generally comes from independent media. That link was just the fastest one I could find, but there's plenty out there. 30 years ago it came from print, so no links. But it's all nothing new. Ghadafi is hated because he supported Cuban rebels, Nicaraguan rebels, South African rebels, etc...

Uh oh.

You may have just justified this action to me. Maybe it IS about time we returned the favor and supported some rebels of his own.

Before I jump on that bandwagon, would you be so kind as to clarify WHAT "Cuban rebels" he supported? Maybe Castro will send the Libyan rebels some love to return that favor, too...

(Hint: Castro took power in 1959, Qadaffi didn't take power until 1969, so it couldn't have been Castro's rebels he was supporting in Cuba...)

edit on 2011/3/18 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
two things bother me with this whole thing..

First, Libya, is none of our business, I agree whole heartedly that Kadaffi, gadaffi, or whatever his name is, is a Tyrant. I am against killing innocent people, to be honest I have no idea, what is going on in Northern Afrika right now and the Middle east, except it looks like these people are pissed and are tired of kings and dictators. Fine, let them fight it out amongst themselves. Yet NO the world say no, you cannot.. I was just thinking after I heard this news last night, what if Oh say back during the American, civil war, we had a UN, telling the Union, to stop its aggression against the confederates or face naval blockades or what have you.

One World Government is closer then we think it appears.

Another thing what if Gadaffi, Kaddaffi, or whatever his name is has a nuke? He is a billionaire after all, what if, and ya he is a mad man, he decides to nuke his oil fields after he realizes he is doomed?

Speculation of course and maybe a morbid opinionated blog entry here, but ya know since when do we need to go around fixing other people's problems when we have stacks of problem around here? For instance, here in the states my senators and house representatives still have not come up with a budget for keeping the lights on in Washington DC, or unemployment concerns, or inflation or the new health care fiasco..

Nope whats more important is sticking our noses I say, noses because it looks like the EU, is part of this as well, into Libya.

Well lets see what happens next... I have an idea, but its a lil to soon to give an opinion on it..

edit on 18-3-2011 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
To give an update, the UN have given Gaddafi an ultimatum to pull his troops back and allow Humanitarian aid in. Not sure how long they have given Gaddafi to comply, possibly they want immediate action

www.bbc.co.uk...

Yet just noticed on pressTV this:

Libya bombs civilians despite ceasefire

www.presstv.ir...

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join