It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING : UN Security Council authorizes no-fly zone over Libya

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Driveway, yet we park.

Parkway, yet we drive.

Freeway, yet we pay a toll.

There's plenty more, especially among military lingo, like "standfast".

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Removed as adequately answered by others
edit on 18/3/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by aboutface
reply to post by beezzer

Indulge me, it's four in the morning and I can't sleep with this horrible news. I am having a daydream that the AF will turn those planes around boys, and do some kind of cleansing exercise on Wall Street and then fly inland and dropkick something that will wipe out each and every Fema camp. I hope the military will learn to see that the master it serves does not always represent the people. Anyhow, wishing you Godspeed and a quick aboutface.

So here's my take on this UN decision. While the world is focused on Libya, .
Israel has suddenly stopped yelling at the world to bomb Iran. And do not ask me for proof of this yelling, because it's been its only cry for a long while now.

Libya and Iran may not be bosom buddies, but the've dropped by for coffee on occasion in the recent past.
"IF" what Russia says is true, then there may be a strategy going on to induce Libya to launch something into the Mediterraneam (and intercept it of course). At that point what would it take for Iran to get involved? With the world focussed on the Mediterraneam, all the US has to do is visit Iran from Afghanistan, and, well you fill in the blanks.

But back to the initial article of this thread, didn't Libya's foreign minister offer to negotiate? Since when does war pre-empt one very strict final chance regardless of UN decision?

Asian Times Libya/Iran

Dunno about the Air Force, Army here. We have different game plans. I hope it ends soon. I really can't add too much, wish I could.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by IsraeliGuy

"Apparently these are countries you can count on to stop sadistic mad men like Gaddafi from slaughtering it's own people. "

bush & obama have slaughtered scores more than Gaddafi.. oh, but they airstrike people in other nations.. and are better liars, so it's ok.. lol.

The whole fiasco is another ploy brought to you by your friends at "Shadowy overlords inc.. killing is our business and business is good".

After Vietnam, Iraq & Afghanistan I can't believe there are still people gullible enough to buy into this tripe.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978
Sky News reporting that the R.A.F to start first bombing sorties in two hours. Umm, so we were given the green light to bomb the crap out of Libya? I thought they were patrolling and securing a NFZ? Jeez, how does world politics work, help!!!

Gotta take out the air defenses and crater the runways before you can enforce a no - fly zone.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I noticed a pattern on war. Everytime the U.S enters a recession, they go to war and somehow miraculously the economy is "fixed" after the war ends.

This leads me to conclude, that they raid and pillage other nations for their own greed.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
It's just crazy!
It seems that they (Global Mindf....ers) really are not from our planet...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Driveway, yet we park.

Parkway, yet we drive.

Freeway, yet we pay a toll.

There's plenty more, especially among military lingo, like "standfast".

Yeah but here is the funny thing Mike, I don't drive a car so I don't park in the driveway, nor do I drive on the parkway, nor do I pay any tolls even at causeways because bikes are exempt.

So yeah, I can see everyone doing those screwed up backwards things but I am just not well doing them myself.

Please forgive me!

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
You people do know that there won't be any troops on the ground right? You know for liberals you people are pretty heartless.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

The state of texas has a larger and more advanced air force than china.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Ancient Champion

Anybody here ever play an RTS or any strategy war game? Even if you just attack the enemy with your air units....that is still an attack, liable to counter-attack. The ground forces end up coming into play every time to mop up, unless the rebellion has enough fight left to go all the way to Tripoli....doubt it

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by deutschbag

Anybody here ever play an RTS or any strategy war game? Even if you just attack the enemy with your air units....that is still an attack, liable to counter-attack. The ground forces end up coming into play every time to mop up, unless the rebellion has enough fight left to go all the way to Tripoli....doubt it

So your plan is not to help them and ignore their cries for help. Great!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

That is exactly what we have done up until now. Why did we wait until the rebels were desperate? I think this was intentional, can't have real freedom fighters taking power. Let Gaddafi pound them until they cry for help then we aid them and co-opt the movement from the ground up under the watchful eye of our military observers. I was down for a no-fly zone when this was fresh, now we are being opportunists.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ancient Champion

So your plan is not to help them and ignore their cries for help. Great!

That's been PRECISELY my plan, form the beginning of this fiasco. I get sort of tired of hearing the anti-US crowd whine about "invasions for oil", and "killing innocent kids and puppies", etc. when we go into war that other folks picked.

Now, they WANT us to go into a fight we've got no business in? Why? So they can whine against us some more?

Hell with THAT! Let the whiners run their OWN "No-Fly zones". We ain't got no dog in that fight, and no business going there. How's about some of these "humanitarians" get off their own asses, shoulder their own rucks, and carry their own rifles into the beaten zone?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sensible thought

The State of Texas doesn't have it's own air force.
WTH?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I think he's referring to the Texas Air National Guard.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensible thought

Delusional little man... and you must be one of those who think the US has a bigger nuclear arsenal than Russia also right?

Crazy...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
The Libyan rebels asked for there to be a no fly zone, they are pleading for the UN to send military intervention.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by minkmouse
And Minkey boy might want to reflect upon "The bravery of being out of range" when sucking back the beer!!!

People will die whilst your brain numbs itself...Not all of them BAD GUYS!!!
edit on 17-3-2011 by minkmouse because: spelling don't ya know!

There aren't any "good guys" within 5000 km of this dustup.

Let 'em eat each other.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensible thought

You sir are incredibly stupid.

The Chinese superjet the J20

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join