It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Long Strange Smoky Trail Spotted over San Diego

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I was outside smoking at about 11:00 pm And I looked up into the sky and seen what looked like a Con trail, But I have never seen a con trail at night? The Direction came from the NW and the smoke trail curved slightly as it got closer to what seemed like the ground. My thought was this wasn't a con trail but a meteor..just throwin it out there in case anyone else in the San Diego area seen what I seen. I did try and get a photo but it wouldn't show up on my iphone.
edit on 17-3-2011 by itscocobaby because: booboo fixed

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Pictures or it didn't happen

2nd line

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Mistaken_mystery

So you're going to determine something didn't happen and that someone is lying just because they cant provide a pic of the night time sky? You're either an ignorant fool or a genious.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Mistaken_mystery

I assure you I seen it, this is just chit chat friend I'm curious to know if anyone else in this area seen what I seen.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by raiders247

Pictures would be nice and everyone has a camera nowadays.
I am no genius however.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
was it a weird shape of cloud?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by alex1

No it didn't look anything like a cloud, it looked like a smoke trail or con trail.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I'm in tierrasanta and I can't see it.. But I have alot of cloud cover right now. What I am noticing more than usual is alot of air traffic at night. It would have to be military seeing I'm not anywhere close to lindberg field. And very close to miramar. This has been happening quite frequently the last 3 nights. Not a single engine plane. Large planes and fighter jets last night

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by itscocobaby

OK I am about 60 miles east of you in the mountains at 3650 feet elevation. I just went outside and rubber necked around to see whats what. The moon is almost full, The air is pretty clear, no wind, but humidity is high as indicated by a halo around the moon. To my west I do not see any of what you describe however, due to the relative elevation of my western horizon, my view of the sky over San Diego is that of probably higher than 12,000 feet or so.

Contrails happen day and night. Maybe you saw a natural object entering. It might have been a jet at 35,000 feet or so heading for Hawaii but I seriously doubt it was man made because most of what we put up there travels more or less west to east.

JS
edit on 17-3-2011 by trailertrash because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by itscocobaby

Hey, Coco. I live north of you and a little west in Covina. I can see your sky from the other side. I just went out at 11:55 and did not see anything like you described but that probably doesn't mean much. I was wondering if you saw those weird, giant, rainbow colored patches of light in the sky several months ago? They were reported as having been seen from San Diego. If not that's cool. Keep watching the sky for weird stuff. We should be seeing it now more than ever due to increased geomagnetic, volcanic and solar activity. Lights in the sky may precede a big-ass quake.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Here's the photo I took with my iphone, just not sure anyone can see the con/smoke trail in this photo.

upper left hand corner you can see the trail..

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

I sure did see them, I mentioned it to my son one day as we were driving down the street. I had been seeing clouds tinged with pink which I thought were beautiful and very strange. This was during mid day not sunset, so it struck me as very odd. I'm glad to know someone else seen them

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I actually saw something VERY similar to what you saw
It was around... hmmmm prolly 10-11pm EST
I live in South East Kentucky...

Kinda thought it was neat... as I never seen a contrail at night before...
But the contrail isnt what caught my eye at first... it was the blinking lights of the plane flying overhead...

So I came to the conclusion that the brightness of the Moon being closer .
...increased illumination in the sky, allowing me to see said plane's contrail

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by itscocobaby
Here's the photo I took with my iphone, just not sure anyone can see the con/smoke trail in this photo.

upper left hand corner you can see the trail..

I think what you observe is an effect of humidity. Keep it up though. Once I saw a UFO at 4 am which I'll never forget so watching the night sky is never a waste of time.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
No pics then i will have to assume we are being invaded by the Jamaican Air Force.
GThose are not contrails.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by trailertrash

Okay the time was about 11:00 and thanks for the reply.

Contrails happen day and night. Maybe you saw a natural object entering. It might have been a jet at 35,000 feet or so heading for Hawaii but I seriously doubt it was man made because most of what we put up there travels more or less west to east.

This came from the NW and was headed SE, I kinda think this was something other than con trail I just don't know. Thanks for rubber necking for me

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

I put the one I took with my iphone on flickr theirs a link now, if you get time take a look

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by raiders247

Pictures would be nice and everyone has a camera nowadays.
I am no genius however.

Just thought I'd give you the benefit of the doubt

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
This is probably what created that trail and you missed the oportunity to see what was falling. March 16. Asteroid

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

You may be right..it could have come from a plane, this looked like a con trail but I didn't see the plane or lights but perhaps it was already out of sight I don't know I go outside to smoke quite a bit and I've just never seen a con trail at night at least around here and the curve of the trail was interesting, went off at an odd angle as it got closer to the ground. /shrug

top topics

<<   2 >>

join