It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something just occured to me.......

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I am in the UK, and was just watching Film 2011, a weekly programme that discusses and reviews all the new films on release, they did a short clip of a new film called Cowboys and aliens, and it got me thinking

If , as a lot of people on these boards assume, that there are "bad" aliens out there, that would maybe want to colonise/harm us, why have they have waited so long?

Surely a civilization that is capable of inter-stellar travel is 100's if not 1000's of years in advance of us earthlings...........so if they (if "they" exist!) wanted to harm us, surely they would have done it say, 200 years ago, when we were a civilization that had no nuclear powers, no advanced weapons (at least to present day levels) we would have been fighting with swords and pikes and would have been an absolute walk over!

Probably just the ramblings of a man that's just finished a six pack...........but I thought I'd share it

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I could imagine that if I was an ET race, I would wait. I would wait until technology and society would reach a critical mass. Then, at the tipping point, I would assimilate the natives into my culture. This is certainly a more positive approach to the issue, because if an alien invasion has been under way for so long, I don't think it would be very cut and dry on their intentions.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Just finished a six pack eh? I'm right on your heels!

It depends what they want. Nobody ever seems to listen, but I've said this a hundred times & I'll say it again.... the human race in it's present state of 'advancement' is way ahead of the other species on Earth. As the saying goes, one of these things doesn't belong etc. & the only conclusion I come to is that we have been farmed this way for use in a more advanced civilization.

Assuming I'm not completely bonkers (assuming!) then at some point we need to be 'harvested' for want of a better word. How would ET do that? Well maybe a good way to do that would be to corner us into a position where we can't wait to leave the planet because it's in such a terrible state that anywhere is better than here. Suddenly & as if by magic, they provide an escape route, all we have to do is climb aboard their safe & comfy rescue ships.
Bonkers I know, but this is a conspiracy site right?

Anyways... where was I? Ah yes, the six pack.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

That reasoning has been discussed many times here and elsewhere. Of course they would have conquered us by now...why wait until we have quadrupled in numbers, have atomic weapons etc....makes no sense to wait huh?
Unless they like a well stocked tank of course.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

Because they are Demonic and not ET at all, that is why all the mystery about the lights in the sky at night and how they read your mind and have no sex organs and such.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
LOL,maybe,just maybe,the people were ripe to beleave any tripe handed to them.I deal w/people every day who think that what has happened in Japan is just a horrible thing and if we throw money at the peoblem it will just go away.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
reply to post by Argyll

Because they are Demonic and not ET at all, that is why all the mystery about the lights in the sky at night and how they read your mind and have no sex organs and such.

You've had more than my six pack haven't you?...........you devil you!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I have a theory...

Maybe after some worldwide cataclysm, all of the Elite will be left alive and some survivors. This would then make the rest of humanity small compared to the amount of aliens there will be on the invasion to kill the rest of us.

We do deserve it after all

jk of course
edit on 7/9/91 by Skate because:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MyPathManifests

Why would you wait?........surely a vastly advanced race would take advantage of their superiority, and would have nailed us a few hundred years ago

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
just as the laws of physics cap the speed that any object can travel at, the speed of light, the laws of interstellar space travel restrict when a civilization can leave it's solar system to when they have advanced enough when they are no longer a threat to themselves and others.

to achieve this kind of space travel requires the combined efforts of a whole planet working in unity and not for personal or national gain because such motives would lead to sabotage and limitations and war to prevent your opponent from achieving a clear tactical advantage.

these requirements prevent hostile and selfish races from the possibility of interstellar space travel.

any alien species that have conquered space travel must be strong, peaceful and of integrity, not to mention highly intelligent to defeat self destructive institutions such as money, greed and wealth.

we also can't project our problems to other alien races, because for all we know they have not experienced war and violence as we know it because all their history was one of peace and cooperation and mutual protection.

edit on 16-3-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Seems obvious to me they are here, good & bad, but the good ETs obviously have the upper hand, i just want to know when we will be advanced enough to join the allies up there looking after other developing ET civilizations

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Argyll that is some good logic. You are prepared for what is to come.

It's always a head scratcher to me. I am a devout Lutheran, but I cannot lie and say I know every fact of how we all came to be. I also cannot pretend that ET evidence is not there. I tend to define my beliefs regarding extra-terrestrials within my Creationary and Christian beliefs. I think it is hard to assume that God has the power to create and destroy at will, has the unlimited size of the Universe at his disposal, and only creates man and earthly organisms.

Genesis 6

Wickedness in the World

1 When human beings began to increase in number on the earth and daughters were born to them, 2 the sons of God saw that the daughters of humans were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose. 3 Then the LORD said, “My Spirit will not contend with[a] humans forever, for they are mortal; their days will be a hundred and twenty years.”
4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of humans and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown.

Is it possible that God created other lifeforms elsewhere that were 1000x the advancement as us? That what we call ET's might be God's creation who he has allowed at times to interact, but can ultimately save us at any moment. God created all we know and so much more.

Just me rambling after a little Sativa and only 2 beers.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

any alien species that have conquered space travel must be strong, peaceful and of integrity, not to mention highly intelligent to defeat self destructive institutions such as money, greed and wealth.

But you don't know that!

They could be "strong, warlike and of little integrity" and like you say "highly intelligent", and if that were the case........why didn't they stake their claim a few hundred years ago?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll
Why would you wait?.......

They didn't wait... they landed in Sumeria and 'created us in their image, in their likeness'

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRealJayZ

Well said

But didn't God also create free will?

If in the future, mankind was to master interstellar travel, and we were to discover a planet with a "lesser intelligence" compared to us that is, would we observe or interfere?........I think we would interfere.

Now that planet that we discovered, could in 10,000 years, be home to a highly advanced civilization that did not welcome our interference, taking into account our intelligence at the time, if we wanted to interfere, we would have done so when we first discovered them............in my opinion of course

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

I think They are already amongst us... They have conquered us through division, food control, water control, energy control, air control, and so on. Read The Terra Papers linked in my sig. to see of what I speak.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Come on people!! Why would anyone Believe that Aliens should do as we humans think they should?

For all we know, they may simply be waiting for the atmosphere to reach a suitable level of toxic contaminants that suit their lifeform.

Lots of theories out there, but most likely none of them even come close to what may be a bigger picture reality.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Argyll
Why would you wait?.......

They didn't wait... they landed in Sumeria and 'created us in their image, in their likeness'

I do believe we're on the same wavelength - again - zorg. [smile]

Yes, indeed, They did, didn't They.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

If , as a lot of people on these boards assume, that there are "bad" aliens out there, that would maybe want to colonise/harm us, why have they have waited so long?

Probably because they know one day we will end up destroying ourselves!!

There for no invasion is ever needed, just study our own stupidity lol...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

Good question.

I do not believe in malevolent ETs. But even if they'd be here, why would they try to harm us or invade us??

We're doing pretty good at destroying ourselves on our own. If I was to think of invading a country or harming it, and seeing that they are doing well destructing themselves on their own, I would just let time make the kill. I wouldn't waste a single bullet.

Just a thought...time being a luxury we are constantly ignoring. A crazy idea perhaps...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join