It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something just occured to me.......

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by tristar
reply to post by derickonfire

Totally respect you and understand your opinion. This site is built on people's opinions and views it is why i am here today/tonight/afternoon.[
edit on 16-3-2011 by tristar because: (no reason given)

Well then, carry on!

=)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Here is another thought. Maybe more than one ET race is out there and aiming at us. Maybe they are betting on us. say maybe betting on when we will blow ourselves to hell. maybe they are all just hovering out there. making frequent drops in to cause a rukus and stir up some noise. and then back as they watch from afar as we prepare ourselves for nuclear destruction.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by iheartprplkoolaid
Here is another thought. Maybe more than one ET race is out there and aiming at us. Maybe they are betting on us. say maybe betting on when we will blow ourselves to hell. maybe they are all just hovering out there. making frequent drops in to cause a rukus and stir up some noise. and then back as they watch from afar as we prepare ourselves for nuclear destruction.

On a serious side of things, if they or who ever wanted to blow ourselves up, well that would have been achieved in the 1900's during the first world war, it would have been far more easier without the so called media having what methods they have today in informing the public. So moving right along and obviously your response was everything but constructive, how else would or should i respond to your lack of cerebral interaction. ?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
What you are not taking into consideration is that humans are of far superior mental and physical strength than a majority of aliens.These small greys have more technology,but cant come into close proximity of humans,or they will wind up like the fort dix alien.You have to realize earth has 6 billion plus people.That is quite an army.Lets put it into terms that are easy.Lets say there are 6 billion bigfoot on planet earth.You set out to colonize the bigfoot population,you have more technology than bigfoot.You can drive a car,bigfoot cant.But based on the sheer numbers,bigfoot would get a hold of you and destroy you if he thought you meant him harm.Having a little more technology does not make one race superior over another,it just makes them an older race of beings.In 500 years,we will probably have the technology the grey aliens possess today.The only way an alien species could conquer earth would be to decimate the entire planet,and hope we didnt get a hold of their craft and use their own weapons on them

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I think a big problem that many of you have, is trying to understand the separation between physical brutality and humans dependent requirement for fire (gun, combustion) and other sources of energy.

Fire, shin - a symbol for god - is an incredible thing. Don't believe me? Knock back a few brewskies to get an altered state of mind (or meditate, or anything else to induce altered thought) and stare at a flame for more than 20 minutes. Try to really understand it.

Isn't it incredible? It's like spirit meets physical. The properties of fire, what it does, etc. It takes matter and sucks all life from it just to appear in this materialistic universe.

As humans, our guns and weapons really are dangerous.

Shin is a word for Shaddai - or God.
It can also be pronounced 'Sin'.

/end rambling
edit on 17-3-2011 by derickonfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Youre right. and Ive been thinking that maybe...just maybe...they dont conquer us because of potentially 3 things.
1. They dont need anything we have, because their societies have figured all that out millenia ago...
2. They dont need to conquer us because we arent worth conquering
and
3. Because they are already here and maybe they ARE us...from the past-early man, present-today's man, and the future-man-visiting us back and forth in what we call UFOs.

I think we should all realize that if anyone can come here, or already be here...then they probably dont need to conquer us...or even show us they are here.
edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: grandma

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
My personal opinion while at times sounds crazy even to myself, nullifies my synopsis! First the reason why you dont have any other alien races coming down from the heavens is you already have the elitist group of aliens running things here on earth. Think about this for a bit, if the universe is over 4.6 billions years old do you not think a oligarchy has not already been established alonggggggg time ago? So no, you will not see another race come down and try to corrupt the human race, Hell you cannot have that as you already have it happening now as we speak, thus, the oligarchy that has been established is too powerful to be removed

just my thoughts on the realm of the wild side

edit on 17-3-2011 by allprowolfy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Perhaps we are are already an alien-controlled planet

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

Good point, and you can also argue that if there are "Good" aliens visiting us, why haven't they stepped in and intervened yet? We're fairly advanced and are now in possession of technology that would actually allow us to wipe out all life on earth. If they are here and good, shouldn't they have stepped in with their clean energy, anti-gravity, and space travel technology?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I'll say it again take it from me they or whatever they are, are already here. First saw the classic disc shaped object also on the same night connected with this was an orange unstable looking ball that dropped hot molten blobs. This was witnessed on the 4th october 2009 which fell on the sunday, proxi time: 8:17pm locatation sheffield England. Many other things that happen after the sighting including important thing was 15 mins after the sighting a dark coloured Merlin military helicopter appeared on the scene circuled us around 2 times, then proceeded in the direction of the Craft.

I personally cant say its Military or ET but from what was witnessed I very much doubt it was something we have, Im swaying more to ET, also for the reason that the military helicopter was 100% sure was scrambled to incerpt to craft and move it away from a built up area that could have raised panic If more people had seen this. My brother and I are the only ones at that time to have seen it, apart from my grandma who only saw half of the sighting being the orange fire ball, and not the disc shaped craft. She is now dead so Its just me and my brother. I have a full description of the events If anyone is interested and may have experienced a sighting resembling ours. One thing is for sure our governments are aware of this and have done a good job so far of covering it up, apart from that night we saw the craft.

Me and my brother are very lucky people and doubt Id ever see anything like that again, and was also the main reason for searching the internet to see If anyone else saw the same thing, alos the main reason for joining ATS.

As for destruction of the planet due to these visiters, Im pretty sure their intentions are the opposite, e.g shutting down nuke weapon systems, destroying long range missle testings in flight. I think they are keeping an eye on us!

Thanks
edit on 17-3-2011 by lukeUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I keep getting the feeling that humans occupy a special "realm" on this Earth, and all the other aliens occupy the "real world" that we cannot really see. I also get the feeling like we are part-robotic, like androids or something similar... Almost as if, we are a kind of ant-farm, trapped in a kind of matrix world, with alien watchers constantly trying to alter our life-paths, and change our characteristics, experimenting with our genetics and using us to gain an understanding into the mechanics of the universe.
edit on 17-3-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
That's the problem with watching films about aliens, they are either good or real bad, how about another possibility, indifferent aliens?

Aliens that simply could not give a damn about us, look at us as stupid bugs that have infested and destroyed their own world and they just see us as what we are, insignificant specks not worth the time of day. They come here from time to time see what we are up to and then quite rightly leave us to be, why would they want to contaminate their culture with our destructive ungrateful ways.

Lets look at the other two choices..

Bad Aliens....

If they have managed to get to us then their tech is far ahead of us so it goes to reason that if they are bad they have the potential to be VERY bad and wipe us out at the press of a button. The only reason not to do that would be that they have a use for us, be it workers or parts. But that's where it breaks down, if these craft are bad and have been coming for so long then why are we still here and why have we no better proof of them. A race with that much power would not need to court with our leaders (who ever that is), the simple appearance of these aliens would be enough and they could do as they please.

But unless they are playing the long game of which I see no reason to then I doubt they are bad and I revert back to the indifferent alien view point.

Good Aliens...

Aliens again markedly more advanced than us, perhaps with tech that could help us survive, reverse thedamage to the planet, clean up our oceans etc etc etc..

But why are they waiting to do it?

We have pretty much tried to destroy each other with man made viruses, attempting to control the weather, making bigger and more destructive weapons and attempting very dangerous scientific experiments where any failure could be a world ending event.

So why are they waiting and watching, our people and planet are in one hell of a state but yet these aliens come and go and watch...

Why?

Again, I revert back to my indifferent aliens, ones that just watch with no real interest in us other than a morbid fascination with creatures that self destruct.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll
reply to post by MyPathManifests

Why would you wait?........surely a vastly advanced race would take advantage of their superiority, and would have nailed us a few hundred years ago

They may be very advanced, but they also may be short in numbers, so instead of a full attack, they infiltrate and destroy the host from within..., after all that's how our virus works, only this virus works on a bigger scale

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I think they are "good" and "bad" ones. I think the good ones follow a certain plan while the "bad" ones act according to their own will and purposes.
I don't believe the "bad" ones would be allowed to interfere in such a huge way, enslaving us or wiping us out. I'd imagine there would be a lost war and harsh punishment for those who were to go so far astray.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

Look over the centuries of warfare. What is more efficient? Wiping out an entire native population or keeping them so that you can use them? Also people who believe in the aliens usually believe in many different races of them and thus one alone probably would not be able to 'take over' unapposed by the others. But then covertly they may have already begun to 'takeover' it would be easier to strike using our leaders as puppets so that we are fighting out own a this keeps us apart where as if we faced a global threat we would band together and be a much more resiliant enemy. Remember we have masses of nuclear weapons and posses the ability to render our planet to a wasteland poluted with nuclear fallout. Who really would want the earth after that?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I've wondered about the whole Alien UFO Abduction thing. I've read somethings and watched vids and i've even seen some things in the sky I can't explain and I know wasn't any aircraft i'm familiar with. Here's my 1 1/2 cents..
People always talk about the human gene pool and whether its been pi**ed in or just needs a double shot of chlorine, I believe we are the gene pool. For the lil lizard or grey people to come here in bright shiny new year model space ships some one has to build them and I just can't imagine a lil lizard or grey creature with 3 fingers working at a Jupitar spaceship factory welding and molding and assembling the newest spaceship truckster.
If there is such a factory that means there is a community/city full of blue collar aliens and that Joe the bartender is an alien and so on and so forth BUT...
If humans were left to evolve and cross breed on their own after a lil initial help then they might produce a good hearty stock of animal that could do a days work. Isn't that how humans do it to other domesticated animals? Selective breeding one the one hand for certain traits but then uncontrolled breeding just to see what happens.
In my warped view of things it's the only thing that makes sense,
Happy Days and Good Times

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

Defies logc for a violent destructive race to have bred throughout the universe because they would have destroyed themselves already.
Surely theres more good out there than evil and so the good people out there are trying to turn us on the rght path for whatever reason

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

Maybe they are waiting until our DNA is modified enough by them to have much more protein and caloric content in our bodies for when they want to make us their food source? I am surprised they haven't destroyed McDonalds and other Fast Food chains which can inhibit their efforts by layering us with more fat than protein. !??! hehehe

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
There are several theories I can think of:

1.) Aggressive E.T. who is researching us first (hence all those alien abduction stories)

2.) Aggressive E.T. who behaves in a friendly way, communicates with our governments and scientists and helps us develop weapons of mass destruction (waiting or helping us to destroy ourselves) Maybe it's too great a task for them to try to colonize our world in a war-like fashion.

3.) Friendly E.T. who's been visiting us for thousands of years and observing our progress

4.) Friendly E.T. who's been communicating with us and helping us develop new technologies to improve our way of life in exchange for resources or whatever else

5.) Indifferent E.T. who doesn't really care to attack or make contact.

Who knows what the truth is until it all comes out into the open.
edit on 17-3-2011 by 2manyquestions because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
When we decided to nuke our own planet they got it all clear right away. We are a bunch of lunatics that:

1) can control nuclear processes (that shouldnt be naturally present on Earth considering it's a force of the Univese genuine to the stars)

2) fool enough to make it explode in our own world, not once, or twice, at least for a 2000 times.

If I was an alien I would not hestitate. But I am human, and if see them coming I'll stand for my right to nuke the Earth as much as I want

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join