It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something just occured to me.......

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by neilrued

reply to post by 2manyquestions

Just wanted to say to Neil and 2many, I thoroughly enjoyed your discussion on the subject and appreciate many of the links given. Thank you.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

well maybe that the bad alians see the marks on earth, left behind by older civilizations, and realize that some (more powerful peaceful) alian race already claimed the earth.
And so they leave us alone.

other thought, why would an evil or not intelligent being want to crush us simple humans.
If your pick nick is close to some army of ants you leave for a better spot, instead of killing em off.

or why kill an "unarmed" entity, that cannot mach you're technologies that will get boring fast!

just some thoughts

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

I agree but make no mistake,

If they exist we'd still be a walkover now regardless of our supposedly advanced weapons and it continues to sadden me that the time and money spent on developing nuclear weaponry could surely have been put to better use developing us as an inter stellar species

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Titor86

Understanding nuclear energies is an need to accomplish interstellar travel (in the way we think now) its a need.
Interstellar travel like we look at it now, just takes to much Time (as traveler and home base), like building with mindbogglingly blocks of stone, there is a way to do it, just not with our thinking now.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join