It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dog in Japan stays by the side of its ailing friend in the rubble

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ethancoop

Those who don't have a dog don't know what they're missing out on.

The loyalty a man's best friend shows is absolutely priceless, more loyal than any human I've ever known in my entire life. It cannot be bought however much money a person has.

I would rescue my dog, any dog, before a human any day of the week.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by doobydoll
reply to post by ethancoop

Those who don't have a dog don't know what they're missing out on.

The loyalty a man's best friend shows is absolutely priceless, more loyal than any human I've ever known in my entire life. It cannot be bought however much money a person has.

I would rescue my dog, any dog, before a human any day of the week.

True, dogs have unconditional love kinda like a parent or most parents have for their kids.

You should never turn your back on that type of loyalty.

BTW Blackops GOOOOOO TAR HEELS!
edit on 17-3-2011 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

My thoughts exactly..if this were a human scenario,...the wounded one would be robbed or worse...then left for dead...

..go team!!!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

How very sad! Those poor dogs. It is just amazing that they survived. I am glad that they both are alive and getting treatment.
If people could be more like these dogs, we would all be better off. Take a lesson folks! Stop talking about compassion and empathy, and please, start showing it.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by doobydoll

Yeah, there was a guy on here who started a thread saying how dogs are worthless...and he likes turtles...like to see what a turtle would do in that case...

...darn turtle would probably nibble your fingers off..

turtles..geeeeezzz

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by paearmor

Yep especially in the UK!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Awesome. I burst with joy when I saw the other dog move.

Not really related, but dogs are very smart.

Once I was sitting in a cafe in an urban area. I looked out the window and saw a pack of stray dogs approaching the busy intersection. There was an obvious leader. When they approached the crossing the leader dog sat down and the others followed suit until the light turned green then the leader got up and they all crossed the intersection during the pedestrian crossing time.

True story. I could not believe what I just saw. 7 or 8 dogs in the pack large small and everything in between.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Aww that is so touching. I hope someone fed that dog

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Thank you for sharing OP....very touching and sad..... I wonder what ultimately ended up happening....

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by doobydoll

I agree dogs are so loyal,they need more help as they don't understand what has happened or where their owners have gone. I would save my dog above any human,who says we as a species should always come first. Human superiority over other animals is so wrong,if the earth had every species except man it would be a forest filled paradise for animals.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
I hope those camera men rescue those poor dogs and find them a new home! If it were me, I would have fashioned a stretcher to carry the weak one, and taken them away to safety. That little guy really looked like he needed help.

He even barked a little - like "WTF!? Why aren't you guys helping?".

UPDATE: CNN and the UK Telegraph have both reported that the dogs have been rescued since the footage aired, and are both receiving veterinary care; the more seriously wounded dog is at a clinic in the city of Mito, while the protective spaniel-type dog is receiving care at a shelter in the same town.

YEAH!!!!!!! They are saved!!!

edit on 16-3-2011 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

... Great !

Then I can unpack again, I had allready packed my bags after watching that video, was going to travel from Denmark to Japan just to save those two dogs...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
If anyone sees an update on the dogs' health can you please post it? I haven't been able to stop thinking about them. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
This kind of reminds me of Hachiko (en.wikipedia.org...)
If this news article made you cry...don't watch the Hachiko movie...you'll be wreaked for weeks!!

As for updates, I've read that the sick dog is at the best veterinary care, while his friend waits at the shelter. I think they will most definitely be together when the sick dog get's better. Japan loves reunion stories like this. Even though they have hundreds of requests to adopt them, they are still trying to find his owner. I hope the dogs and their owner get reunited...I really do.

There are hundreds of displaced animals, and so many heartbroken owners. But there is light out there. Here's a picture of a Japanese man reunited with his dog. It's NOT** the same dog but it's still nice to see compassion out there....

www.seattledogspot.com...
edit on 17-3-2011 by mishmallow8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
sorry i'm just a softy. what a sad video made me go hug my two dogs...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

It is not uplifting to me. I have always known animals have such strong and human-like emotions, almost more sensitive than some humans.

I can't look at it because it breaks my heart. I am crying now and I only caught a glimpse.
I know of a dog (2 dogs in fact) that remained by their masters grave for 14 years. On was an Akita from Japan and the other was Greyfriars Bobby.

If you love animals...fight for them. They need you.

I cannot look at those commercials soliciting funds for abused animals either.
Cannot watch the footage. Once there were some dogs used for fur in Japan... I caught a glimpse of a cow getting pulled down today and I am sick to my stomach and have been for hours.

If you ask me, we have thrown enough money at the problem.
Now it is time to start locking people up.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
We, as human kind, we have to learn from other Earthlings that live omong us on this planet....

edit on 17-3-2011 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
:
: up:

I'm not surprised to see such compassion and loyalty from dogs, they have been our best friend for thousands of years......A big salute to our faithful friends.
:
: up:

edit on 17-3-2011 by DreamerOracle because: Font HTML code failure.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I watched this video this morning and haven't stopped thinking about it all day. Truly moving footage! Knowing how loyal my dogs are, I can only imagine how loyal and honorable a Japanese dog must be

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
And the Japanese didn't loot, riot or gang rape like the scumbags did in Katrina & Haiti!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by madscientistintraining

"Over 10000 people missing, radiation leaking and it took -this- to bring tears to my eyes".

Now now it's not that,it's because of all that and then now seeing this touching example of love from an obviously scared and confused dog that's just lost everything.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join