It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dog in Japan stays by the side of its ailing friend in the rubble

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Sad video but I'm glad to see a positive outcome for both dogs.

Such a terrible tragedy. It nearly rips out the heart to see it.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I am really hoping this video gets circulated around among the Japanese survivors of the tsunami and the earthquake.

Im sure it would lift the spirits of some, as well as to reaffirm the spirit of life and the need to pick up and carry on.

My guess would be that a lot of people might be on the verge of giving up right about now. It would do these people a world of good to see something positive after witnessing so much devestation.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

So well cared for before the disaster. So loyal, words fail me. I hope deeply that they find safety somehow. Have they been radiated by now? Oh God help them.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
so sad and glad they got attention. life is life.
this says a lot and I wish people that like to hunt could see this act of compassion.
amazing.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
I was blown away by how when the hurt dog raised it's head as if it was going to get up the dog standing watch put it's front leg over it as it to say "stay still, don't get up...I'm here and everything is going to be okay."

Yeah, what was really happening was the hurt dog smelled the food the people had & 'protector' dog was holding him down cause he wanted it for himself.

It is a touching example of loyalty but I also can't help but think that the resources put into removing, transporting & caring for these dogs would be better served on, oh I don't know, people.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
amazing vid - made me cry - so pleased they were rescued

agree with all said here already

animals have always had my utmost respect - their souls are totally pure

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Posted already.

Deebo
edit on 17-3-2011 by Deebo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonOfTheLawOfOne
How incredible and awful at the same time....

Animals can demonstrate more compassion than humans sometimes, we should all take a lesson from this dog.

Great find OP.
S&F

~Namaste

hear hear
star and flag op nice post

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Also agree they should do a follow up to this so we can see the dogs up and about and well

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by blackcat99
Also agree they should do a follow up to this so we can see the dogs up and about and well

The dog in said video is dead.

Deebo

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
This video made me shed a couple tears. It was moving. I am glad to hear that those dogs got the help they needed after being discovered.
It breaks my heart to think about all the pets that are now lost.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

Animals can demonstrate more compassion than humans sometimes, we should all take a lesson from this dog.
So true. Out of all the videos I've seen so far...why does this one illicit the most emotion within me? I don't know...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I am sure that there are a lot of animals scared, injured and starving - my heart goes out so much. Glad these two were saved though and I know that worldvet.org are sending in volunteer vets over there to help out in make shift clinics. They are my heroes as I couldn't imagine my tin foil hat wearing boxer dog going through that pain and not understanding why or why their owners left them there alone. Donations are welcome to their website for this purpose... lets not forget our little friends that need our love at this time more than ever!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhizPhiz

So true. Out of all the videos I've seen so far...why does this one illicit the most emotion within me? I don't know...

Same here - and I don't understand it either. My heart's been heavy with sadness and worry for all those people all week - yet it took a hurt dog's loyalty to actually make me cry.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Deebo

Incorrect: The OP has been updated with "UPDATE: CNN and the UK Telegraph have both reported that the dogs have been rescued since the footage aired, and are both receiving veterinary care; the more seriously wounded dog is at a clinic in the city of Mito, while the protective spaniel-type dog is receiving care at a shelter in the same town. "

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Australiana
I am sure that there are a lot of animals scared, injured and starving - my heart goes out so much. Glad these two were saved though and I know that worldvet.org are sending in volunteer vets over there to help out in make shift clinics. They are my heroes as I couldn't imagine my tin foil hat wearing boxer dog going through that pain and not understanding why or why their owners left them there alone. Donations are welcome to their website for this purpose... lets not forget our little friends that need our love at this time more than ever!

I saw this on the news last night and it brought tears to my eyes as did your post. I was thinking that I wish I could adopt those two dogs. I love your avatar and I have a dog too. Actually, I think she thinks she's a cat.
One of our cats and her are best friends. Thanks for the worldvet info.
To the OP, great thread.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
='( over 10000 people missing, radiation leaking and it took -this- to bring tears to my eyes.

the F is wrong with this planet.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by madscientistintraining
='( over 10000 people missing, radiation leaking and it took -this- to bring tears to my eyes.

the F is wrong with this planet.

I don't really understand it myself. But there it is. And why should anyone be bullied by your implied criticism into thinking there's something wrong with them for admitting a natural reaction? I think maybe what's going on in Japan is just too immense a shock for people to absorb instantly. It's too much.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhizPhiz

It upset me greatly too (but i have been very upset by a lot of the reports and scenes from Japan this week)

I wonder if we sometimes react more to an animals distress because its 'safer' for us to really think about? I mean if that was an image of a child with another child I couldn't even look at the thread let alone the image or video.

Maybe its like a safer way to prod at the wound (if that makes any sense) and to let out some emotion that's been bottled up?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I have not cried until now but this video pushed me over the edge.

There's a lesson to be learned from this video. It is humbling.

That little dog is protective of his friend, and positions himself close to him to keep him warm as temperatures are close to freezing, you can see him shivvering. Also, the way he is looking around. You can clearly see he knows something is terribly wrong.

This is not the first time I thought about the animal victims of this tragedy. And it won't be the last.

So glad to hear this story had a happy outcome. I hope they find a way of keeping both these lovely dogs together.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join