It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dog in Japan stays by the side of its ailing friend in the rubble

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
I hope those camera men rescue those poor dogs and find them a new home! If it were me, I would have fashioned a stretcher to carry the weak one, and taken them away to safety. That little guy really looked like he needed help.

He even barked a little - like "WTF!? Why aren't you guys helping?".

UPDATE: CNN and the UK Telegraph have both reported that the dogs have been rescued since the footage aired, and are both receiving veterinary care; the more seriously wounded dog is at a clinic in the city of Mito, while the protective spaniel-type dog is receiving care at a shelter in the same town.

YEAH!!!!!!! They are saved!!!

edit on 16-3-2011 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

Such a beautiful example of what ANY creature can do.
I noticed the Spaniel was drinking the water............. If he isn't dead now he soon will be, but what a way to go. Respect.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ethancoop

Originally posted by Valhall
I was blown away by how when the hurt dog raised it's head as if it was going to get up the dog standing watch put it's front leg over it as it to say "stay still, don't get up...I'm here and everything is going to be okay."

Yeah, what was really happening was the hurt dog smelled the food the people had & 'protector' dog was holding him down cause he wanted it for himself.

It is a touching example of loyalty but I also can't help but think that the resources put into removing, transporting & caring for these dogs would be better served on, oh I don't know, people.

Pretty fair comment.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Man, if that doesn't tug at ones heart, I don't know what will.
That is very awesome and sad at the same time. S+F

link   
YES. That dog has what every human needs, it's what we call "humanity". This dog is so loyal and caring

link   
It's heart-wrenching and tear-jerking at the same time. There is much to be learned from animals. It reminds me of a blog I found once that had photos of one bird trying to pull his dead mate out of the street, where she had gotten hit by a car. Again, we have much we can learn from animals.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
When you see dogs being so loyal and caring like this, you can't help not to think they must have a soul.

reg

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
This as just made me choke up and want to cry. It really is the truest words ever spoken that dogs are mans best friend, I have two myself and can tell by the way they act that they would die to protect each other and my family.. so loyal.

We humans could learn a few lessons from our animal friends.

reg

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by transubstantiation
reply to post by doobydoll

I agree dogs are so loyal,they need more help as they don't understand what has happened or where their owners have gone. I would save my dog above any human,who says we as a species should always come first. Human superiority over other animals is so wrong,if the earth had every species except man it would be a forest filled paradise for animals.

I would want to be a part of that paradise

Dogs are perfect creatures IMO. They don't judge, they don't care if you're rich or poor, ugly or beautiful, they don't hold a grudge, they only care about just you.

I know for a fact that if anyone pointed a loaded gun at me, my dog would take that bullet for me without hesitation. My best human friend wouldn't do that.

How do you reward that kind of loyalty? Humans are unworthy of it.

As I said before, it is beyond priceless.

reg

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by doobydoll
Dogs are perfect creatures IMO. They don't judge, they don't care if you're rich or poor, ugly or beautiful, they don't hold a grudge, they only care about just you.

I know for a fact that if anyone pointed a loaded gun at me, my dog would take that bullet for me without hesitation. My best human friend wouldn't do that.

How do you reward that kind of loyalty? Humans are unworthy of it.

As I said before, it is beyond priceless.

Exactly, well said mate.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

This is why I know there is more to life then it being an accident.

That is one of the most amazing videos I have ever seen, and what's even sadder is there are many more videos like it where a dog will guard the body of his friend just waiting for it to get up.

Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.
edit on 17/3/11 by argentus because: removed large quote and inserted 'reply to'

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I'm glad the dogs got looked after. Any symbol of overcoming adversity and hardship should be given a chance. I'm so glad these dogs were given the mercy they rightly deserved after what they went through.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

This story of canine loyalty particularly hits home for Japanese.... Outside of the super busy Shibuya train station in Tokyo, there's a popular meeting place where there's a statue of a purebred Akita dog named Hachiko. Hachiko used to greet his owner, Professor H. Ueno, in the 1920s at the station every day. One day, in 1925, Prof. Ueno died before he could return to the station. It's said that for the next nine years, Hachiko showed up at the Shibuya station at the exact time waiting for the Professor. People who noticed Hachiko, and who knew that he used to accompany the Professor, started giving him food. Finally, in 1934, a year before Hachiko died, a statue was erected at Shibuya station to honor Hachiko's loyalty. *The cool thing is that Hachiko was present at the unveiling of the statue.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Help to animals, beacuse they are one on this planet, like we, so help animals! We know all that animals can't help each other likely. We all pray for japan! Greetings

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by aCurious1

The story of Hachiko is great and I have to say this video does get to me a bit.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by UltraMind
reply to post by Deebo

Incorrect: The OP has been updated with "UPDATE: CNN and the UK Telegraph have both reported that the dogs have been rescued since the footage aired, and are both receiving veterinary care; the more seriously wounded dog is at a clinic in the city of Mito, while the protective spaniel-type dog is receiving care at a shelter in the same town. "

Ahh awesome ok, to me it looked dead.. Cool deal. Dogs are wonderful animals, I have a rott/shep mix and wouldn't trade him for anything. I value him more than a lot of human scum we have on this rock.

Deebo

reg

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by aCurious1

This story of canine loyalty particularly hits home for Japanese.... Outside of the super busy Shibuya train station in Tokyo, there's a popular meeting place where there's a statue of a purebred Akita dog named Hachiko. Hachiko used to greet his owner, Professor H. Ueno, in the 1920s at the station every day. One day, in 1925, Prof. Ueno died before he could return to the station. It's said that for the next nine years, Hachiko showed up at the Shibuya station at the exact time waiting for the Professor. People who noticed Hachiko, and who knew that he used to accompany the Professor, started giving him food. Finally, in 1934, a year before Hachiko died, a statue was erected at Shibuya station to honor Hachiko's loyalty. *The cool thing is that Hachiko was present at the unveiling of the statue.

There was a similar story to this that happened in Scotland called Greyfriars Bobby, You can read about at the link below:

Greyfriars Bobby= en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Dogs are descendants of wolves.

Wolves are social animals who live in packs.

I really don't see what's all this fuss all about.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Man, I found that hard to watch, it takes quite a bit to make be bleary eyed but that stings.

I have a firm belief in the inteligence of animals, couldn't help think what rescue effort would be made for these survivors.

I'd take em back the moment I saw them, animals are people too. ( I am not a vegan).

Peace.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I watch things like this, and when people don't understand why I don't eat animals....it's this love that about any animal can feel. Compassion, emotional pain, sadness not to mention playfulness, comfort, happiness. Most animal are not "dumb animals" if this doesn't move you, you have less compassion than your run of the mill dirty dog.
S&F

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join