It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Casey - The kid who had enough of being bullied!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
In my perfect world, the parents of bullies at schools like this would be put into custody for 1/2 the time that the child was suspended. It would make the parents try to teach their kids to not be such jerks. Suspend kid for 30 days, put one parent into custody for 15 days, the other parent for 15 days alternative care for the kid(s).

If your kid is a bully - YOU have a problem.

Also - I really like the "community sit-down" as they do in African cultures. You screw up, you sit in the middle of a circle in the town and everyone tells you your good aspects in life and tries to show you that you are a better person than you have acted. Many children try to act good because they don't want to go into the circle.
edit on 15-3-2011 by bonaire because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Gnarly

So both kids are at wrong here, equally.

I disagree . The big guy had already taken several punches from the little jerk . He was well within his rights to defend himself and stop the agression .

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gnarly
Where I come from, sucker punching someone in the face means hitting them when they don't expect it. This kid KNEW what was happening. He knew what the other kid was doing. I'm not saying what the little kid was wrong. What if the fat kid has slammed the little one's head into the ground, killing him on accident? That big kid is able to do so much more damage than the little kid. It's like a dog and a cat.

Not even close to a dog and a cat. A dog wouldn't hit the cat once then walk away. Your argument of "what if's" is pointless.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by Gnarly

Where I come from, sucker punching someone in the face is not "playing rough", it's grounds to get your teeth kicked in if it doesn't knock the person out.

That really made me lol.

Funny because its true!

edit on 15/3/11 by S3ns1bl3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Yup, here's the longer vid again (with the sucker punch and original audio). Get it before it disappears!

Looks like Casey could teach Charlie Sheen a thing or two about the real meaning of "WINNING"!
edit on 3/15/11 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Probably the even bigger kid who shows up at the end of the video is the real bully. The little kid was doing what he was doing because the real bully was standing there ready to get involved. It is the kid who gets in Casey's face after he slams the little kid who should be suspended, and have his parents brought in.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Well, I bet that little turd will think twice before he tries to bully anyone else.
Casey put him in his place, and he had it coming. You can't deny that.
I have to say Casey showed very impressive restraint if you ask me. If some
little chump threw a punch in my face it would be on!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Gnarly

So you're saying the best defense against this is to let the little twerp do as he pleases?

Sorry... Casey just did what the teachers should have been doing... and its not like he didn't give the runt a chance either. The kid wanted to know what happens when he presses buttons... and so he did.

3-strikes-and-your-out is a pretty simple, yet effective rule, IMO.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me. I have no pity for those who can't handle being called names.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
These aren't bullies, they are pseudo-bullies. One gets slammed by the victim, then another gets stood down by a girl :p

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
way ta go kid!!!

the bullys parents probably have the same personality as the bully!

ive seen that growing up, the parents were/are usualy the bullys themselfs

i would love to be a fly following casy around his first day back, NOBODYs gonna screw with him again but you allways have those few kids who think they can take him, he may get harrased but everybody now knows hes got teeth and will use them!!

the bully looks like hes got the typical "short mans" syndrome, i hope he grows out of it

i used to be head of security for a local night club here in town many years ago and have seen its usualy the short guys who get drunk and start fights with much bigger guys and usualy get beat down then start crying and want the police called cuz they were "assulted"

they never learn

be safe people

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
They removed the full video with the original audio that I embedded on page one. I downloaded it before they could remove it though and have re-uploaded it:

Just in case they remove that too, here you go: tinypic.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by oaf21

Well, let's take this into another scenario. You're on the street, and some little dude comes up to you and starts hitting you. You could just go about your day, ignoring a non-threat. You could, because you're pissed off, slam the dude into the ground even though he's causing no real harm. OR you could go in between the two. Not hurt the guy, yet scare the **** out of him and then go on about your day.

The little one is at fault for hitting, for whatever reason. We don't even know if he's the real bully. The big one is at fault for resorting to like-minded actions. He actually did damage, in case you forgot. The kids just standing around are at fault for not alerting an adult.

What would you do if your kid broke some kids nose because he was being bullied? You'd have to deal with any and all medical bills. You'd probably actually get a fine or a ticket, and your kid would be expelled. Yeah, some "what-ifs", but we still don't even know the full story behind this video. Would you punish your kid for resorting to violence, or would you reward him for using violence?

An eye for an eye makes the world go blind.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Gnarly

All I can say is that I wish I had done what Casey did to the people who bullied me at school. If I did I am positive I wouldn't be the angry, anti-depressant popping mess I am now - and I am damn sure that 95% of the world (and this thread) agrees with this.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by hederahelix

Sorry to hear about what you went through.

Unfortunately many members of the PC brigade see it like "oh, its just a little bullying,Nothing to bad",when in reality,it often leads to serious cases such as yours!
It cannot be tolerated and must be stamped out swiftly and with force if necessary!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
I think it's funny when people try to equate strength with fighting ability.

Originally posted by TheRealTruth84

And did a pretty damn good job at it considering that I was benching well over 300lb by my senior year of high school and only had to say, "quit f'n around!"

I do believe you just witnessed, what strength can do on a small scale. Like I said, after a short stint as a bully I did not resort to violence as an outlet. The only place I used my strength was on the Football field and in the Hockey Rink, and there I was devastating. From the sounds of things, you were probably the one standing in the lil guys shoes, getting suplexed.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Gnarly

You think its acceptable to get punched in the face twice by some snotty little #?
Try watching your own kid getting treated like that,then come back with your opinion!
Pathetic!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by lavenlaar
This is a blight on our rights to be protected in a safe environment. Where were the teachers ?

They were arguing about their pensions and benefits.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by scobro

Did I say it was acceptable for him to get hit? I guess you should actually make a post quoting my every post in here, and then pinpoint to me where I said that. In fact, if you happen to find where I said that the little kid is at fault, you can just keep that out. I'll be glad to see you do that.

Go back, read my posts. Deny ignorance.

The little one is at fault for hitting

This you can leave out.
edit on 15-3-2011 by Gnarly because: Doing your work for you.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
This is geniunely the most amazing thing I've ever seen.

I've been bullied before. I'm 14 and still suffering the effects - probably always will be. I set up a website about bullying, and I pretty much always tell people never to use violence back - I myself never would. Not because I don't want to take the punishment; hell, we've seen here that something like this happening gives it publicity and makes the issue known. But I just wouldn't do it because I just never, ever fight. Never have, never will.

But I still would never lose respect for someone who snaps. Honestly, part of me wishes Casey had carried on until the little scumbag was nearly dead, but being bullied made me more aggressive. I suppose thats why I wish that.

But hey... he got what he deserved, and thats one guy thats never gonna bully anyone again. If the school doesn't cancel Casey's suspension, though, there will be hell.

And the parents, trying to sue Casey? Tossers. They should just be put in a room with him and let him inflict his wrath upon them.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join