It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Air Force WC-135 Detects Deadly Radiation Over Pacific (US in 24hrs)

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllSeeingI
Ok this seems very strange and worth noting.

This website... usstream.tv: Live Feed - Tokyo, Japan Geiger Counter has been showing the radiation levels in Tokyo on a live feed.

It was working a few hours ago. I just checked on it and guess what?

Now it is "OFF AIR".

Weird because the website loads, so its not "over-loaded" by web traffic. Just "offline"
Is it part of a Conspiracy? Anyone can translate the Japanese on that webpage for us?

edit on (3/15/11) by AllSeeingI because: added info

Tokyo Geiger Counter STILL mysteriously went offline about 4 hours ago. Earlier I had seen it working around 5-6 hours ago, when I first looked at it from a member who posted earlier in this thread.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

Here's the same old line again, "why don't you contribute something of value to this thread?", handed out to anyone who suggests that you may be doing a bit of fear-mongering.
Your tactic is pretty transparent, at least to some of us. ATS has hit a new low with your thread's bogus title on its main page.
Your idea of merely copying/pasting the original article in an effort to open a thread to look for the truth doesn't wash, not since you posted a pic of a cloud rising from an exploding reactor with the line "Here it comes..."
Yeah, honest research my backside. Just having a little twisted fun, are we?
Now, tell me I haven't contributed anything useful to your self-serving thread. IMO this whole thread is useless.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by BuzzCory

Youre intitled to your opinion... thats fine. But I think there are plenty other ATS members who feel the opposite.

I think if you take another look at my explanation of the Thread title and other related post of mine in this thread you will see I am neutral.

There has been alot of good discussion and brain-storming done in this thread.

Dont take it so personally you guys jeez.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by BuzzCory

IMO this whole thread is useless.

Again you are totally entitled to your humble opinions.

But useless, you're kidding... come on. In this thread we have...
-Discussed and defined Radiation Levels and Rates and what are the definitions and signs of radiation poisoning.
-Had members contribute many links to usefull related articles and informative websites. (I know I have been shown some very good websites from members in this thread which were very useful and some other ATS members would agree.
Kept up with factual links and news stories over the last 48 hrs.

Let it be .... This Thread is in Skunk Works..... getting Skunky in here

I seriously dont see why you are so angry or spending so much time on a thread you seem to hate.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   

There has been alot of good discussion and brain-storming done in this thread. Dont take it so personally you guys jeez.

Discussion & brainstorming about the deadly cloud of radioactivity that never got here?
Yeah, good job.
Take it personally? Check my location. If you think I'm overreacting to seeing your misleading, hysterical thread title every time I open ATS, I suppose you, too are entitled to your opinion.
Given the obvious intelligence level indicated by your posts, I can't believe you didn't see the poor taste inherent in merely copy/pasting a baseless, inflammatory blog article's title from another source.
And quit copping out, it became your title the moment you posted it on your thread here.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
My first post as an ATS member. I would first like to say my heart goes out to all of those in Japan. I just joined the site to try and give my two cents. I am currently studying to be an operator at a boiling water reactor, much the same as the Fukushima plant. To work at a nuclear power plant you much know the function of every major and sometimes minor component. If I have any typo's my bad I am up way too late and making preparations in leaving the area (only because I have a newborn). I do not believe the level will be high enough for grown adults who have already procreated.

A.) I saw a few posts as to the comparison to a nuclear reactor to an atomic bomb. Well a single nuclear reactor has ~1000 times the power of an atomic bomb. There are 3 reactors so that is roughly 3k atomic bombs.

B.) Is the outer containment building being blown off a big deal and being understated? HELL YES IT is. In case of a vessel breech, the outer containment building's (you know where the top blew off) function is to house the contaminated radon gas and keep it from entering the environment. (It is supposed to hold up in full meltdown) I cannot wait to read the report if anyone working at the plant will be alive to write it.

C.) Is the amount of radiation being released an understatement? All signs point to YES. In order to prevent mass panic and a total proliferation of Nuclear Power plants we have to convince the general public that it is not as big of an issue as it is. The general rule of business is to multiply by 4.
BP = Understatement, Three Mile = understated (yes lots of gasses were released), chernobyl the containment are was half what it should have been, IRAQ has WMD? I swear they were there when I saw them, Anyways I'm getitng off topic here!

D.) Nuclear experts. Just like the oil companies, they are "IN IT TOGETHER". They have to downplay the incident because of anti-nuclear support. No doubt every power plant will need inspection after this costing us consumers millions.

E.) WE NEED NUCLEAR POWER. It nasty stuff but we need it. New high tech laser weaponry and all time high energy prices, nothing can compete with nuclear power. We need it to stay on top of the technology ladder.

F.) Alpha particles are the ones we will be worried about here. Not sure of how many will be released in a reaction of this magnitude and what the rate of dissolve will be. The particles will be "forever radioactive" but the rate as which they lose radioactivity is 1/2 each hour "Half Lives". So the Worst will not hit us, but I am unsure as to the effects of 1-2 months of "higher" radiation we will receive at the west coast.

G.) OK! Heres where it gets serious. They keep talking about "harmful" levels of radiation where one might show "signs" of "symptoms" of poisoning. And yes they are also talking about Thyroid cancer and yes that is majorly preventable by the potassium iodide. What they have not been talking about are the long-term effect most notibly to unborn children and the copying of your x and y chromosomes. Birth defects not just now, but 1 and 2 and 3 generations down.

Let me know if I did decent of my first post! I might do some calculations later. Might not. I might try to sleep now.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by YeahPete

Thank you for your very informative post AND welcome to ATS.

I agree that the truth of this disaster is being 'filtered' at some level.

Do you know anything about MOX?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by BuzzCory

I have friends and relatives in the Seattle Area, Cali, and Oregon. If anything I hope this thread informs us enough to be able to warn them AND you should the need arise.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Whats to stop us from simply throwing a Very large ball of liquid nitrogen at the reactors to cool them?

would that even work?
edit on 15-3-2011 by fnord because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by fnord

Thats an Idea. Probably would cause a huge radioactive steam cloud though.

I have also heard that Boron can be used to slow nuclear reactions.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
TOKYO GEIGER COUNTER LIVE FEED

The Live feed HAS RETURNED!!! As of right now the level is 45cpm... 6 hours ago when I first saw it, it was around 30. So levels are rising in Tokyo Confirmed!

This term of radiation measurement has not been used in this thread before so here is the definition: CPM (Counts Per Minute) converting to Rems

Convert radiation in units of CPM to radiation in units of mR. Geiger counters commonly use a conversion ratio of 1,000 CPM = 1 mR. This conversion ratio is not exact due to the definition of the rem.

edit on (3/15/11) by AllSeeingI because: added definition

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllSeeingI

Do you know anything about MOX?

Thank you. No just U258

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by fnord

Whats to stop us from simply throwing a Very large ball of liquid nitrogen at the reactors to cool them?

would that even work?
edit on 15-3-2011 by fnord because: (no reason given)

Liquid Nitrogen boils immediately on contact with a warmer object, enveloping the object in insulating nitrogen gas. This effect, known as the Leidenfrost effect, applies to any liquid in contact with an object significantly hotter than its boiling point.

tremendous amount of force can be generated if liquid nitrogen is rapidly vaporized. In an incident in 2006 at Texas A&M University, the pressure-relief devices of a tank of liquid nitrogen were sealed with brass plugs. As a result, the tank failed catastrophically and exploded. The force of the explosion was sufficient to propel the tank through the ceiling immediately above it. LIQUID NITROGEN = BAD

I am not a physicist. A nuclear reaction is a chemical reaction. Throwing a bunch of "cold" chemicals in the mix will probably cause a bigger explosion. Lead might be a better because many reactors are actually cooled by liquid lead. The lead would also help from radioactivity release but that do I know? They are already pumping seawater its too late. Lead is too heavy to get that much volume I'm guessing. Liquid sodium cooling?

Explosions likely caused by flash boiling of impure water. Distilled water usually does not explode but impurities will make it more volitile at extreme temps.

P.S. the hydrogen explosions are only happening because meltdowns are in progress. That is the only way the hydrogen can get inside the system.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   

It is a donate website. Easy, easy money. Think how many gullible people are being sucked in? Has he started selling potassium iodide yet?

TJ

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Thanks for your post. It was very helpful!
They are forecasting below freezing temperatures in Japan on Wednesday. Will that help the cooling down of the reactors?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   

You said it could be a worldwide problem....

do you think it could hit Europe and the UK?

I remember watching a brilliant film 'ON THE BEACH'. (its on Utube) The Americans Nuked and the whole world had only weeks to survive. And the fallout that they got was almost instant once it hit. Vomiting ect and they died. Obviously different countries got the cloud at different times as it floats around the world.

I know its just a film, but do you think it could travel all around the world??

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by iWokeUp

You said it could be a worldwide problem....

do you think it could hit Europe and the UK?

I remember watching a brilliant film 'ON THE BEACH'. (its on Utube) The Americans Nuked and the whole world had only weeks to survive. And the fallout that they got was almost instant once it hit. Vomiting ect and they died. Obviously different countries got the cloud at different times as it floats around the world.

I know its just a film, but do you think it could travel all around the world??

Radiation does not have to travel around the world to be a world-wide problem. Once it gets into our food chain, it is a silent, latent killer.

Some company catching tuna and putting it in a can is certainly not going to give a wobbling bottle of squattage whether or not the tuna going into that can is glowing in the dark . . . that you can take to the bank.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm not as worried about how bad it is now, but how bad it is going to be in the weeks, months, years and decades to come.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by GoalPoster

I wasn't necessarily talking about radiation spreading world wide. Although it is a possibility. What I meant was that the effects of this disaster when all said and done, including rebuilding, money lost from lost business... this financial toll of this disaster may well be the 1st Trillion Dollar disaster in human history.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
InfoWars: We don’t know the truth about Japan’s nuclear disaster

Alex Jones addresses the tendency of governments to lie, with focus on Japan’s nuclear meltdown crisis. From the onset of Japan’s post-earthquake disaster, it’s officials have been downplaying the risks and keeping its population, and the peoples of the world, in the dark about the true scale of dangers. Now, with the explosion of a third reactor, other reactors in jeopardy, and a total chain reaction threatening to unfold, it is obvious that reassurances were issued only to keep create a more positive public image.

PrisonPlanet: CIA Sends USAID to Japan to Manage Nuclear Disinfo Campaign

A large scale cover-up of the extent and severity of Japan’s multiple nuclear meltdowns is now underway, according to Yoichi Shimatsu, the former editor of the Japan Times Weekly. Mr. Shimatsu appeared on CCTV, China’s state-run television network.

“Following a high-level meeting called by the lame-duck prime minister, Japanese agencies are no longer releasing independent reports without prior approval from the top,” writes Shimatsu. “The censorship is being carried out following the imposition of the Article 15 Emergency Law.”

Shimatsu contends that the Obama White House sent a team to consult the Naoto Kan government. Instead of dispatching experts from the Department of Energy, Nuclear Safety Agency and Health Department, representatives of USAID were sent to micromanage the cover-up.

Since the 1960s, USAID – short for United States Agency for International Development – has maintained a close working relationship with the CIA, and Agency officers often operated abroad under USAID cover, according to author William Blum...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I am onboard the USS Abraham Lincoln. We just departed Hawaii earlier this morning as one of our pit stops for deployment. I heard not a single thing about Radiation this whole entire weekend. The only thing that happened to us was we were put on lock down for a few hours because of the "7 inch tusnami that hit our boat"
Again I don't think we would be any where near the pacific if there was a radiation hazard that could harm us. NOT TO MENTION were doing a Tiger Cruise where civillian family members and friends come on the boat to sail back to San Diego with us. So I am sure if there was any issue or harm 1. We would be wearing our CBR (Chemical, Biological, and Radation masks) and 2. We would of not let the civillians on and told them to get back home. Just my thoughts.

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join