It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To those of you who have bad things to say about Japan right now:

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Hey folks - what thread am I missing about that guy wanting to capitalize off of this?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
We should start preparing for the arrival of Godzilla due to that damn nuclear power plant. Start donating $$$

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by impaired

hey i'm sure you've seen this, but maybe i was a little too vague. on page 2 or 3 the OP explains how this weekend he's thought up a few new business ideas that would make him money following the disaster
check it

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer

I hope so to, because the very thought of anyone at all believing that someone somewhere is laughing at their tragedy breaks my very soul...and thank you!

BTW: Tesla is amazing!

A side note though, I was watching live footage from Japan that warmed my heart and made my dealing with this tragedy a bit easier, during the live footage, for a split second I saw 2 little kids laughing and playing, now I have been pretty said since this tragedy happened, but I tell you those smiles from those two kids in Japan, made me feel like grandma ma just came home with pie! it was like Christmas, and while I know that it may not be the case with all people and children, to see SOME joy in the hearts of children there made it just bit more bearable.

Sorry for the ramble lol

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Thank you very much for creating this thread. I think (hope!) the average American is not the one that is making the hateful comments about Japan. Unfortunately, the hateful ones are just louder since they have no merits such as intelligence with which to call attention to themselves.
You can be sure that the Japanese know this too, and they are extremely grateful for the assistance provided from all over the world.
As an American living in Japan (thankfully, far from the earthquake this time!), I would also like to thank those who are quick to point out the lack of looting. It is completely true, although it may seem difficult to believe.
I was here during the Hanshin earthquake in 1995 that destroyed large parts of Kobe. I couldn't believe how nice and helpful everyone was. Our local store gave away water, sports drinks, etc. since there was no water supply. Our company also sent workers with supplies. No one waited for the government to come help. I had escaped to my in-laws and then went back home by train to get more clothes. What I saw at the main Osaka station will forever remain in my mind and always brings tears to my eyes. There were people lined up waiting for the train to take supplies to Kobe. They would wait 2 or 3 hours until they could get on a train (the trains were running every 5 or 10 minutes, but that's how many people were waiting!) They all had backpacks or carts with water, instant noodles, etc. They'd take the train as far as they could go, which was about halfway. Then they'd walk the supplies in, about a 2-hour walk. What you have to understand is that these were average people just trying to help. And for most of them, it wasn't that they had friends or even acquaintances in Kobe. It's just that they wanted to help out their fellow human beings. And yes, absolutely NO LOOTING!
I've already seen on the news here similar actions taking place in the areas affected by the earthquake this time. Luckily, the Japanese government is also helping more this time. But again, people from all over Japan are trying to bring supplies in. Once again, I watch with tears in my eyes.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
1.) Every nationality has its share of hate filled idiots. They have always been there and always will be.

2.) Despite the popularity of American bashing, this is not a uniquely American phenomenon. (see #1)

3.) A small handful of idiots is not a representative sample of an entire population, it is only representative of a small handful of idiots.

4.) Giving hate filled idiots attention only opens the door to spread more hate, whether for or against then and their views.

5.) Moving on.
edit on 3/14/2011 by dethduck because: Missing word

edit on 3/14/2011 by dethduck because: Fixing faulty phone auto-correct

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
It's funny, we're all gung ho for giving money to haiti, afaghanstan, etc. But all of a sudden oh Japan is in trouble, and people don't want to help. I'm sorry but I have a healthy respect for the japanese and their accomplishments. Afaghani and don't have that much going for them. I figure Japan has holy hell and high water earned to be helped by this point.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Reply to post by BrokenCircles

" I was surprised and shocked by the attitude that the average American seems to have, in regards to this tragedy. The feelings of shock and surprise soon left me, after realizing just how common this heartless, lack of compassion attitude actually is."

I concur. One thing that over-shocked me was americans response to suicides : I don't remember the links, but somebody once put 3 URLs to 3 different local newspapers (Chicago, San Francisco and Washington if I recall well).
The news were about persons who were attempting suicide in a public place, and how people around were just paying no attention at all.
Worst : some of them were litterally insulting the suicidal person. Things like "moron, just jump already !"

Some monthes later, I talked about this subject with an american member of a game development forum, expecting a denial of such inhuman behaviour, and holy #, the guy was confirming what the newspaper were saying : He explained how one day a woman paralyzed a bridge traffic in a attempt to suicide herself by jumping over. Not only that guy told that nearly all people around were shouting that they didn't care, "move over", but the guy himself said he had little to no pity toward suicide cases like this... That these people were pissing him out.

I asked him how old was he, hoping for an immature teen.. well in fact he was 30-35, had a wife and 2 children.

And now, seeing how so many americans are rejecting any kind of compassion towards Japan's disaster is like a cherry on the cake.

When so many people are reacting like that in front of death and despair, you cannot have any hope in humanity anymore.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Reply to post by kineticdamage

P.S : but in some way, I'm happy to see an american recognize this problem

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Us Aussies know how to give

Australia
A$10 million (approximately US$7.5 million), and a team of 1,000 emergency response officers immediately. Donated A$20 million to American Red Cross.

That's awesome and I'm sure we'll help Japan also..
I know our rescue teams are on their way having just been through our own disasters and NZ's..

I agree
Im finally so proud to be a human again.
Im in awe of those brave humans heading over to help even though they are putting themselves(and if the nuclear threat is as bad as it seems to be, these people are not only putting themselves at risk, but they could be risking having children in the future disabled by there exposure to this radioactive leaks).
These hero's are heading into the eye of the storm.
I hope the Sun Rise's again for the people of Japan.
I hope the Rescue Parties are safe and that the rest of the world stays safe too.

Ps. Imagine if Our governments weren't out fighting useless wars.
We would have a million or so extra soliders that would be able and ready to help out at every and any natural disaster.
edit on 14-3-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SMR

Have it in them to say the things they do??? What about the things YOU say about the "middle child" - that is a crazy thing to say in itself. All "middle children" I know are lovely (it's the youngest ones that bother me!)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Thank you for this thread S&F!

I hope for our sake and the sake of our children that the day will come when we look at each other as brothers and sisters in humanity instead of Japanese, Russian, American, ect....

Those are just labels people! Regardless if you wanna except it or not, we're all in this together

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daughter2
Did you notice there were no riots or looting? People seemed calm and generally were helping each other.

There was a picture of two men carrying elderly women on their backs.

If the same thing happened in the US, I doubt we handle the situation as well.

So true, I was also thinking the same thing. While the US often consider themselves as some of the most advanced, civilized and intelligent people in the world, this seems to prove otherwise.

I think every society has their own strengths and weaknesses and the important thing is that we're putting our differences aside and coming together. Even China is lending a hand and things have been tense for years, sometimes it takes such disasters to bring out the best in countries, that's when we see beyond the greed and hatred... and it's why I still have faith in humanity.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I feel for them all. don't get me wrong. However they really need to stop killing whales and rhinos.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
It's sad that it takes a tragedy such as this to unite mankind. I long for the day when people are compassionate toward their fellow man not because an earthquake or tsunami destroyed everything they held dear, but rather because they are a human being, and thus, deserve to be treated as such. The dividing lines--Russians, Americans, Arabs, Asians, black, white, yellow, Christian, Muslim, etc.--are created by people whose hearts are filled with hate.

Our governments fill our minds with this propaganda. They have taught us to hate, that the other side is evil. I am a white male, I have Korean friends, Russian friends, Jordanian friends, Japanese friends, black friends, the list goes on. They are some of the most wonderful people I know. They love their mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, and their children as much as I love mine.

Life is hard, let's face it. We are all in this struggle together. It doesn't do me or anyone else any good if I walk around hating someone because they are a different color or have different beliefs than I do.

Every living thing vibrates at its' own frequency, and those vibrations create the symphony of the universe.

Love all. Serve all.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Ivann1217

However they really need to stop killing whales and rhinos.

Maybe you can bring that up with them once we've helped bring Japan back from the brink of annihilation.

America has been taking a standoffish isolationist approach since the Bush years and it has apparently taken it's toll on a lot of people. As a Canadian with American relatives, I got to see some of this first hand.

I can go to any city in Canada (well, any I've been to so far) and make eye contact with people. Say hello, hold the door open for them.

Try this in the Us, I have. While holding the door open for something they literally stared at me like I was about to rape and murder them. Making eye contact is a no no, them's fightin words.

Everyone has their head down, Ipod cranked, and it's me me me get the heck out of my way cause only I exist in this world and only I matter.

That mentality is now taking hold on the world stage.

How was America born? through revolution against the government with help from other states. How is America helping Libya? They aren't. How is America stepping in to help numerous other impoverished people living under brutal dictators? It's not.

Yes, the US indeed sends aid and help and boots on the ground. How does that compare to 3 billion a year to Israel? It really doesn't matter anymore when the average person on the street has a F U attitude to everyone else. It's sad and sickening. Rest assure though, like some of the crap posted on this site, half of these jerks are doing it for the shock value alone.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I am having trouble sleeping at the thought of these poor people suffering and in such terrible peril if things with the reactors don't calm down. How anyone could say the horrible things they are about the Japanese is beyond me? I have heard things such as "payback for Pearl Harbor" or because they aren't Christians this is what they get? How completely, utterly evil to say such a thing!!

This is human suffering, horrible terrible devastation that should be uniting us.. These people have already suffered enough for their part in Pearl Harbor, thank you very much. Have those who make such statements forgotten? What the Japanese are facing now has nothing to do with lack of religion, vengeance, or anything of the sorts.

Quite honestly, if we were to be invaded by unfriendly beings from another planet I still think we would be fighting amongest ourselves the same as always.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

True like in a world war people dont bicker between one another like we do now. During wrold wars people were happy to be alive and not dead.

I sit and pray for all my friends I have met over the years working in Japan.

God bless you all. I pray for your safety. The Japanese are a very kind, compassionate, and earth loving people who like to hike , walk, fish and enjoy the beauty of the earth as I do. We may believe in different gods but that does't make us bad people. We all have the same color blood and we all cry the same tears and we all share the same love for the earth and enviroment.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

hey, thanks for doing this! that vile guy was bugging the f hell outa me

back on track now

s&f

one love

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I have seen hateful and trolling comments toward the Japanese since this whole thing began. How would the U.S. feel if people did this on the day of 9/11? I do not understand it. What if people sat back and laughed at the dead from those towers, as they have at the thousands washing up ashore?

If I were to be in any sort of a horrible situation, I would hope it might be there in Japan, where their example has shown me how these good people react and take special care for their own.

The anonymity of the internet, and ability to say whatever you want to regardless of it's pain it causes to others is a huge sign of cowardice in my eyes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join