It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To those of you who have bad things to say about Japan right now:

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Japan were one of the first to come to our aid in NZ when Christchurch was struck by sending a team to help. I am glad the NZ government has returned the favour and i hope the rest of the world steps in to offer their assistance to the people of Japan.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Animals is the correct word to use

You people should be ashamed of yourselves

I can't believe there is a thread on"HOW TO PROFIT FROM THE JAPAN QUAKE" absolutely discusting how that thread has even got a star let alone a flag is beyond me, if anything that member should have all his stars deducted for such an inhuman suggestion

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by impaired

S&F
As in any disaster our hearts should be with those afflicted and we should do anything we can to help.

I think people do show connectedness in these times and come forward. Greed takes a slice out of the pie (afterward)unless people research their charities...but look as in the Chilean Miners accident and even Haiti where Americans came forward and generously gave money and helped.

People who make obnoxious comments and say bad things about Japan on ATS might do so for a variety of reasons. Usually they are not as mean as they try to sound. Hopefully. My mother married a guy who fought in WW2 and never liked my sisters Japanese school friend. She still stayed at the house, he just couldn't be in the same room. Imagine that? A little girl. Peoples prejudices are sad but rooted in their characters and hard to quit.
I allow other people momentary lapses in judgment because I have them myself.
Most people have bad moments and regret them, others folks just hate their parents, hate others and hate themselves. None of it should be taken personally. If they had a dog they would kick the dog.

These people are not representative of any segment of the USA.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

Consequences always come. Nothing is done without consequences.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by gildedlily

I never said anything about making civilians pay. I said US military should pay.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
The United States has sent over 35 ships to Japan so far and is still sending more.

The aircraft carriers are like floating cities with full-blown hospitals and the ability to feed thousands, over and above regular crew. Nuclear vessels can supply power to an entire city via their output cables.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Ah, I seem to have found the appropriate thread for this message, straight out of Japan:
Thank You For Praying

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I'd just like to say one thing about the Japan disaster.

Is it a coincidence about the date it occured on?

3/11/11

3 1+1 1+1

= 322

We all know about the 11,11, phenomenon, but yeah, just an obsevation, speculation at its finest.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by aytacaksel
japans are great but they are just f u c k edup at this event. no clue why god choice them but i am clearly sure he have a good reason

It affects more than just Japan though so really the world has *SNIP* this up, you can't point the blame at one country now, this has ran for days with another reactor each day. We've failed as a Human race on this one, that's pretty clear.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
edit on 8/1/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by impaired

I can concur with that. I was off sick for most of last week, and I witnessed the whole thing start to happen in Japan when I couldn't sleep on Thursday night.

I only got back to work today, and a good friend and respected co worker was ready to walk out this morning. I asked what was up with him and this is what he told me, get this... "A member on this floor who shall remain nameless as they deserve nothing more as a human, said that Japan deserved everything they got. And maybe we can get our asses into gear to capitialise on what they won't be doing".

Untop of that on Friday only 20 people put their hand into their pocket to donate to Japan as our company works very closely with our Asian counterparts.

20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Out of a building consisting of nearly 700 staff! I was almost sick when I heard that. I don't get this planet sometimes yet if they were in trouble, guaranteed they would be the ones on the front line gurning for help.

Some people are not worth the skin they inhabit. I for one (guy of 35 years of age) wept like a baby for what happened in Japan. Especially when the kids where being helped by the military. Their wee faces not knowing what was going on, or if their parents were alive. Heartbreaking.

For the curious I donated £100 to the work donation fund.
edit on 14-3-2011 by Xcellante because: Bad Grammar!!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Today I heard some drunk scumbags on the train making fun of Japan. I wanted to beat the # out of them.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Does it matter if they donated or not, we should forge new relations with them and help them in this time of crisis

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
At this time it doesn't matter who did what to who first,what matters is we all have to share this planet.So in a event like this in Japan we need to put aside the anger and work together as a whole to put together our world again.Here is a song that all nations need to listen to.Get Together by the Youngbloods.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by dethduck

You're right, its just PRIMARILY an American phenomenon.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

Sleep young child and let the adults continue to speak.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SMR

It is horrible the types of things people say, but it's not an ATS-exclusive trend. I've seen the disgusting comments everywhere from ATS, to local news, to personally in my office. It's sad, very sad.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

japans are great but they are just f u c k edup at this event. no clue why god choice them but i am clearly sure he have a good reason

I don't know why God choiced you to be so illiterate and insensitive, but I'm sure he have a good reason.

Empathy, seek it.

You sound like you're operating 100% via your sociopath reptilian brain. (Triune brain, not the Icke version.)
edit on 14-3-2011 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
What shows how great these people are is that some millionaires are driving people that have lost everything to their loved ones, everyone over there is pitching in and helping out. This is why if something like this ever happens over here, there is going to such suffering, because there are so many selfish pricks that want to be given everything for free.

(and to those who said KARMA is a bitch - one day you will be eating those words)

Donated money, and will continue to donate as I am able.

Let me guess, we shouldn't help out the Japanese because they don't worship our God.
edit on 14-3-2011 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I have heard some really horrible stuff said regarding what has Happened to The Japanese People,at college here on ATS and other websites.Here is a couple of examples of what some of these morons said "Screw them they started the second world war i hope they all die" +"$*** em they wouldn't help us" it really is sad how people can be so cruel (and stupid with regards to the first quote),I mean come on Japan has come on leaps and bounds since the second world war,with regards to giving aid they are probably of the most generous countries, providing not only food and money but also human resources.Sure they might have done some horrible things during ww2 but most countries have committed really bad stuff throughout the course of history.They are now a country of pacifists and there Armed forces are for home defense only.
I admire them for the way they have carried themselves so far and we should take a page from their book.Makes me proud to be human the way they are handling this tragedy.A little bit of snow and the UK and other countries in Europe come to a stand still,The Japanese however are dealing with the devastation of a massive tsunami,damage from a major Earth Quake and a Three nuclear power plant blowing up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join