It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear Jet Stream North America

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Sippy Cup

It doesn't actually need to get into the jetstream.

The jetstreams drive the weather systems below them.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
this is slightly moot, as the entire planet will get fallout from a radioactive incident.
does anyone remember seeing the Chernobyl wind map? it covered the entire planet.

don't sweat too much. there's enough for everyone to go around.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I think if we survived the "fallout" from nuking Japan twice and from countless nuke tests in our own country...I think we will be just fine with this too.

I don't see why this would be any different.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Hopefully none of that happens.
edit on 3/12/2011 by PhantomLimb because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

Your linked chart is for the 250 millibar winds. That corresponds to about 10,350 meters or 35,000 feet. What scientific evidence do you have that any particles will reach that height? And you would need to make a realistic prediction of where they would be when they entered to 250mb jet. Right now the Kiyogi Prefecture area winds are from the SW at lower levels.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Assuming it's bad.

It's not.

Japan knows how to design.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by thedeadwalkk

How is this not obvious fear mongering.

I mean seriously people.

Get a grip.

Half of North America isn't going to be dead by the end of the month. I mean jesus christ.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by zooplancton
this is slightly moot, as the entire planet will get fallout from a radioactive incident.
does anyone remember seeing the Chernobyl wind map? it covered the entire planet.

don't sweat too much. there's enough for everyone to go around.

I am presently on an island in the Pudget sound near Vancouver and it has been raining virtually non stop for the last months,normally I live in europe and I witnessed Tchernobyl first hand, the fall out certainly was not, as you imply, evenly distributed, it was highly concentrated in certain areas,usually the windward and rainy side of the first mountain ranges it came to. Scandinavia,Germany, Belgium,Northern france and parts of the Brtitish isles as well as the east block and northern turkey where heavily hit and there are still plenty of radioactive elements in the water and soil to this day,its just not news anymore.
So don´t relax just yet, it makes a lot of sense to keep a close eye on it and it also makes sense to know how soon and where it will hit the west coast because that is where its heading.
Just in case anyone out there is a part of that rare human species that thinks ahead to try and protect yourself or your children from disaster before it happens, I believe kelp tablets contain lots of iodine and some of the radioactive iodine that is possibly coming our way tends to find its way to the thyroid very quickly if you do not eat some tablets before hand, then if the thyroid gland already has a full store of iodine radioactive iodine will be repelled and soon leave the body.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

Assuming it's bad.

It's not.

Japan knows how to design.

Well let us hope so!

I am skeptical, but I will try to be positive, its just we have a very pleasing pacific breeze here today which inspires thought about the breezes origin in the days to come...
edit on 12-3-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4nsicphd

Your linked chart is for the 250 millibar winds. That corresponds to about 10,350 meters or 35,000 feet. What scientific evidence do you have that any particles will reach that height? And you would need to make a realistic prediction of where they would be when they entered to 250mb jet. Right now the Kiyogi Prefecture area winds are from the SW at lower levels.

I don't have any conclusive scientific evidence, this thread is partially an attempt to facilitate such evidence.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Important info - thanks!

I live in Winnipeg and grow food in my garden. ...I really doubt we can count on "dispersal" any more, if we ever could.

Any info or advice anyone?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
C:\Users\HP_Administrator\Desktop\Weird weather pattern.jpg
Isn't this a little odd cloud formation?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Do you think they won't tell us, because they have no way to handle evacuation? At 750 rads we will die, this is per the reactors own fallout map.

Would now be a good time to leave for new york on a plane?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I really think you are all over reacting, sure no nuclear discharge is ever a good thing, but when Chernobyl happened the winds were pointing towards the uk and we have not had too many problems, there maybe a small increase in background radiation thats about all.
edit on 12-3-2011 by orinoco4 because: spelling mistake

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
supposedly its a fake map made by a hoaxer.... read this

theorstrahyun.blogspot.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
This is slightly off-topic, but the greater threat is from OUR (United States) nuclear plants on the West Coast. I have heard that none of them are as earthquake-resistant as the Fukushima plant (does anyone have any info on this?). And hey, this is ATS -- we all think that the Californian Big One is a-coming . . .
edit on 12-3-2011 by Evergreen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Evergreen

The Nulear Regulatory Commision has documents here concerning the Tsunamis and plants
in the U.S.

I read this earlier : NRC Monitors Notice of Unusual Event at Diablo Canyon Power Plant, Tsunami Issues

www.nrc.gov...

All is fine for now...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
72 hours to anarchy and you clowns are all proving it. Those poor people in Japan need help more than anything in the world right now and you'd think at least one of you would post this:

Link none are able to post

Ah, the smell of disaster. I'll be in the shelter with the food and equipment. Whoever survives your little war come and get me. BTW, my great uncle was some guy named Ferdinand. My grandfather came to the U.S. right after the assassination. I have some experience with starting wars and you guys are amateurs. I'd love to put the lot of you in a room together. As an experiment, that's all.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Thanks for the info. One thing . . . Diablo Canyon?! DEVIL Canyon?! A canyon named for a creature of fire, death, and payment of mortal sin?! Who decided it was a good idea to put a nuclear power plant there?! Do they WANT a cataclysm?

I don't expect you to have an answer, of course. I'm just sayin'. It's asking for trouble.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitch303
Well, say goodbye to the containment structure.

Video of the explosion at one of the plants, sorry if it has already been posted. halfway through shows slow motion of the blast.
edit on 12-3-2011 by Fitch303 because: (no reason given)

Dammit! Stop putting the suffix SHIMA on the names of your lands. Haven't you learned from history? Shima = bad!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join