It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear Jet Stream North America

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

Good One J.R. This is the kind of forethought and intel that should be taken into consideration.
Just in case a meltdown event occurs. But further, it identifies how truly connected and vulnerable we are,
on this spinning blue ball in the darkness of the unknowable.

S&F to you,,,

P.S. It never hurts to keep the Potassium Iodide tablets on hand. Your Thyroid Gland would appreciate it.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evergreen
reply to post by burntheships

Thanks for the info. One thing . . . Diablo Canyon?! DEVIL Canyon?! A canyon named for a creature of fire, death, and payment of mortal sin?! Who decided it was a good idea to put a nuclear power plant there?! Do they WANT a cataclysm?

I don't expect you to have an answer, of course. I'm just sayin'. It's asking for trouble.

So this could have actually be planned. Create the earthquake with the Scalar Weapon, then after the earthquake, sabotage the plant, from said named place, and the jetstream does the rest. Viola, population reduction and reason for police state through public protest.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I don't know what you Americans are worried about. I mean look at the hundreds (or thousands) of nuclear tests conducted in the Nevada desert, surely a meltdown as far as 5000 miles away won't be that bad, if compared to those tests. Already the US has the highest cancer rate in the world.

Add to that all the GM food. please concentrate on that one and reign them in, so that the rest of the world does not get effected by those Monsanto bastards

edit on 12-3-2011 by nagabonar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Phenomium

An interesting idea. Is there some way to find the details behind the building of the plant? Who did it, when, and what was the official reason for putting it there?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by thedeadwalkk

Japan attacked us first, Remember! how about Japan's war crimes

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by bjsmi2
reply to post by sickofitall2012

I WASNT AT ALL BEING DISRESPECTFUL TO THE EARTHQUAKE VICTIMS OR THE COUNTRY OF JAPAN OF TODAY ! But i was true saying what comes around goes around. What goes up must come down. Bla Bla Bla... The USA empire is all but over anyway. China owns 2/3rds of the US. What country is screwing the rest of the world printing money like no tomorrow.

I think you need to expand your horizons, the U.S (Government) is just a pawn like Many others being used.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Thanks for the reply: with that in mind, yeah under the jet stream I *think it wont cause any affect on us, and someone else pointed out that 2 nukes were drop on Japan and nothing from it. Terrible situation over there! Some prayer and hope.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by QBSneak000

There's no reason to call people ignorant or racist here, he was more or less quoting a time frame, most understood that and he has explained himself. They had to be stopped. By the way did you not read his link?? Yes, we live in different times but we must never forget. The atrocities were photographed:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Sippy Cup

the radiation released from those two nukes is nothing compared to the radiation that can be released from the nuclear plant. Its like trying to say a musket does the same damage as a glock

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
www.stormsurfing.com...

For what it's worth and if anybody wants to listen, pay attention to what the after affects of these nuclear power stations we be. Where the radiation is headed once caught in the jet stream should be of great concern, what areas it will pass over. What can be done to protect your loved ones and yourself.

Danger Posed by Radioactivity in Japan Hard to Assess

Iodine-131 has a half-life of eight days and is quite dangerous to human health. If absorbed through contaminated food, especially milk and milk products, it will accumulate in the thyroid and cause cancer. Located near the base of the neck, the thyroid is a large endocrine gland that produces hormones that help control growth and metabolism. Dr. von Hippel of Princeton said the thyroid danger was gravest in children. “The thyroid is more sensitive to damage when the cells are dividing and the gland is growing,” he said. Fortunately, an easy form of protection is potassium iodide, a simple compound typically added to table salt to prevent goiter and a form of mental retardation caused by a dietary lack of iodine. If ingested promptly after a nuclear accident, potassium iodide, in concentrated form, can help reduce the dose of radiation to the thyroid and thus the risk of cancer. In the United States, the Nuclear Regulatory Commission recommends that people living within a 10-mile emergency planning zone around a nuclear plant have access to potassium iodide tablets.

www.nytimes.com...

edit on 12-3-2011 by hawaii50th because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deja`Vu

Commodore Perry says "You're wrong!"

Come on now, you can do better than this rubbish!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I don't know if this site has been mentioned yet.. but might help.

www.radiationnetwork.com...

www.radiationnetwork.com...

edit on 12-3-2011 by biblenet because: to add another link

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by nagabonar

Yeah, but a lot of the nukes detonated are miles underground.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Concerns of any kind of radioactive fall out coming over any area and what to do about it.
Here is some reports that give the pros and cons of using or taking Potassium Iodide.
Do the homework know what your doing, learn.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I live in the Seattle area, so of course we have been keeping a close eye on Japan the past few days. The locally popular Cliff Mass blog which is written by a VERY well respected Professor here at the University of Washington, just made a post about the radioactivity in relation to the western US. (This guy blows our local TV meteorologists out of the water and has been unbelievably spot on in the past.)

Although any injections of radioactivity for the damaged Japanese reactors would be highly diffused, with very low concentrations, by the time it got to us, I did a trajectory analysis using the NOAA Hysplit Model. I first released the trajectories in the general region of damaged region at 10, 1000, and 5000 meters. Here is what I got:

And there I tried some higher levels: here are trajectories released more at jet stream level (7000 and 9000 meters):

I tried several levels because it is uncertain to what level the radioactive materials will rise. It would injected by an explosion, diffuse vertically by turbulence in the atmosphere, be pushed aloft by atmospheric convection or rise with the vertical motion associated with weather systems (like fronts and cyclones) But there is a bottom line: what does gets injected is generally heading our way...particularly at jet stream level (9000 m) and near the surface.

cliffmass.blogspot.com...

edit on 12-3-2011 by sInSeattle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobra.EXE
supposedly its a fake map made by a hoaxer.... read this

theorstrahyun.blogspot.com...

Ah, great post Cobra, thanks.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Deja`Vu

Edit to add

You are both so wrong... how dare you. People are dying and you are stating this crap? How long ago did WWII end you idiots. I don't care if my post is off topic - fine mods, delete it. This is just sick.
edit on
edit on 3/12/2011 by kroms33 because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Partial meltdown confirmed at reactor 1

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I live in Yokohama japan and would like to pass on the information the Japanese media have
been reporting. The Nuclear reactor in Fukushima has shut down automatically the moment
the quake hit. But the probrem was the reactor facility lost all power including emergency
disel power because of the tsunami. Even though the reactor has shut down, the radioactive
material within the plantkeeps emitting heat(fraction of heat compared to when it's running)
and because they couldn't run the pumps to cool the the reactor, there seems to have been
partial melt down(within the contained plant).They needed to vent the plant because of the
pressure build up and they executed several controlledventing which seems to be the cause
of the rise in radioactivity near the plant. The major concernis to keep the plants cool and ease
the pressure buildup(heat causes water vapor that raises the pressure)The important information
is the reactors are all shut down and even though there are many concerns,
this incident does not compare to what happened at chernobyl.
The Japanese people are all very concerned about the effect this incident will cause
to the world and we are very sorry to have polluted our fragile planet. Evreyone here
is doing what we can. Thanks for all the concern and please keep informed.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ammonite

Thanks for the update, and this isn't your peoples fault. It could happen to anyone in an earthquake with nuclear power plants.

Keep safe.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join