It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear Jet Stream North America

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Here is a link to the NRC.

www.nrc.gov...

Edit to add that if the map was generated by the NRC, which it "shows" it is, it should be available
on the NRC website.

Again, I am not being a pain, its just that I have relatives that live in California.
It that map is real, I need to know. Thanks.

edit on 12-3-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Regenmacher

Actually no it isn't. Your obviously not familiar with 4chan. Multiple times a day they get "404" errors, and all the threads are wiped off their database. I was on this website all morning and all night last night and multiple people have confirmed it as a 4chan fake. There was THE EXACT same map(using RADS instead of REMS, which your not supposed to do it would be listed in miliseiverts) from some australian agency that wasn't on their website, and this "map" you posted isn't on the US NRC website either. Stop spreading disinformation. There is no way the US government, the Canadian government, and the Japanese government would let a meltdown go unaware. If the map you post was true, then MILLIONS of people would die. And a government would not let that occur without telling the public because there would be the blood of millions on their hands. Im sorry to say, but not stop being so stupid, and learn to get information from credible resources
edit on 12-3-2011 by thedeadwalkk because: (no reason given)

edit on Sat Mar 12 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by phoenix103

Originally posted by rbilly001
I love how in the middle of all this death and destruction the anti American crowd here will use anything to push their agenda. I am sure if a deadly radiation cloud hits California, all those people alot of which weren't alive or their families were'nt even in America when Japan was nuked deserve it. That makes sense. Sometimes you people need to think before you post your hatred, most of the time you sound like hypocrites. The very things you claim to hate America for you wish upon the American people.

Who is wishing anything upon anyone?

How about you think of those poor bastards dying as you feel sorry for yourself?

At no time did I claim to feel sorry for myself, I am just tired of hypocrites claiming to hate America because of all the pain, suffering and death we cause. But when there is even a remote possibility that something bad/traggic will effect American civillians the anti American crowd loves it. You can't claim to hate us because of the pain and suffering we have caused around the world, and then turn around and talk about how innocent Americans deserve to be blasted with a radiation cloud from Japan as payback for dropping A bombs on them. Thats like saying the people who died in Japan deserved it because they attacked us in WW2. It's ignorance.
It seems most of the anti American crowd doesn't even know why they hate us, it's just the cool thing to do.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
Here is a link to the NRC.

www.nrc.gov...

They will not tell us anything - it will not be overtly fatal doses,so those SOBs have no reason
to stir the pot and create mass panic.

This is an awful situation, you cannot hide and it is virtually impossible to predict the variables correctly.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
my mistake
edit on 12-3-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
MODs please consider removing that 4chan map above, or adding a note saying it isn't accurate scientifically.

It's a very "attractive" map and will cause A LOT of unwarranted fear because inevitably people will see it and NOT bother to read...

Thanks for your consideration!

edit on 12-3-2011 by Thermo Klein because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Also, if you have any common sense you'd be monitoring jet stream animation websites instead of pictures off the internet

Just look here: www.stormsurfing.com...

Jet stream winds from japan will take 45+ hours to reach western US and Canada. Just more proof that the picture you posted is bull#

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

Jet stream speed varies between 100- 400 mph.

Hawaii, West Coast 36 Hrs From Radiation If Japan Nuke Melts Daily Paul

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher

Shiz

ok

shows what I know

dang

thanks

link   

36 hours to reach hawaii, which is still a signifant distance away from US and Canada. Also notice "if nuclear plant meltsdown"

link   
nevermind

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

Originally posted by thedeadwalkk
Also, if you have any common sense you'd be monitoring jet stream animation websites instead of pictures off the internet

Just look here: www.stormsurfing.com...

Jet stream winds from japan will take 45+ hours to reach western US and Canada. Just more proof that the picture you posted is bull#

Where did you get the figure of 45 hours???

Can you give a base line/average speed for the "jet stream" Dead?

Can you not read, and watch a animated graph? sheesh
www.stormsurfing.com...
Look at the jet stream that starts in Japan, and look at the timer above the graph. Its so unbelievably easy
I dont mean to come across as a dick if i do, but come on people a 10 year old can understand the information on the graph
edit on 12-3-2011 by thedeadwalkk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

36 hours to reach hawaii, which is still a signifant distance away from US and Canada. Also notice "if nuclear plant meltsdown"

That steam discharge with the explosion was a breach of containment

Last night the Japanese news stated the RADS count was very high in the area,

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Once again, its high because its RIGHT AROUND THE REACTOR. OF COURSE its going to be high. But the atmospheric output is low(if any output) according to numerous government officials who have no reason to lie, because if they do, the blood of millions would be on their hands.
edit on Sat Mar 12 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Hey I didn't mean to bash your info, and your title did include NA-- its just an automatic response of sorts, from history.

Since we're all in the same chunk of land, from what I've seen, the winds that are blowing are going to hit the entire NA continent.

We're in it together.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

That steam discharge with the explosion was a breach of containment

Last night the Japanese news stated the RADS count was very high in the area,

Once again, its high because its RIGHT AROUND THE REACTOR. OF COURSE its going to be high. But the atmospheric output is low(if any output) according to numerous government officials who have no reason to lie, because if they do, the blood of millions would be on their hands.

clearly the dose reaching America will be lower than the < 1000 ++ RADS count at the site...

The government has very different standards of what is acceptable in these regards. Environmental radiation
often creates a slow and protracted exposure, the consequences of which are very hard to determine with specificity. I believe radiation exposure on any level is awful, people with a genetic predisposition for cancer.

In my families neighborhood down near a "working" reactor, there are a great many cancer victims, so much so that the statistical likelihood models do not apply there with some cancers.

glioblastoma for example is supposed to effect 1 in 10,000

in there neighborhood we know 9 people personally in a town of 30,000

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
80- 150 knot winds, and majority at mid-Pacific at 150 kts via latest analysis:
squall.sfsu.edu...
(this is not a predicted forecast, it's a satellite analysis using Doppler)

4800 miles from Tokyo to Seattle.
Average jet stream speed at 130 kts = 150mph approx.
Total travel time 32 hours.

edit on 12-3-2011 by Regenmacher because: typo

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItsEvolutionBaby

Hey I didn't mean to bash your info, and your title did include NA-- its just an automatic response of sorts, from history.

Since we're all in the same chunk of land, from what I've seen, the winds that are blowing are going to hit the entire NA continent.

We're in it together.

Yes we are!

However one region is going to get the most saturated exposure and in looking at the models I do not see any "applicable" pressure ridges going as far north as Canada during this period thank goodness. I hope I am right

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
NHK news is more up to date than American media, just so you guys can stay up to date. I'm very worried, even in Virginia, about the fallout. I'm worried the most about crops and food. Luckily my family has access to NBC suits and gas masks from a friend if necessary.

Hope everything gets better in Fukushima.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join