It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 234
<< 231  232  233    235  236  237 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
seems like the other thread died , are we still not allowed to talk about the reactors here ?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
There was just a quick interview on Sky News with a French woman in Tokyo.

She was saying that they are being told that "they" are expecting another earthquake on the same scale of Friday with a probability of 70% within the next 48 hours

Her Embassy is advising them to leave Tokyo asap. but the currently cannot as the roads are jammed full.

Good luck to them all.

What an absolute nightmare situation.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

i heard about a 7. something expected did they up the prediction on the magnitude ? my god those people can't catch a break for nothing.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by GullibleUnderlord

I clearly missed something here, who is predicting this next quake, and what science are they using to do so? Are they basing this on past quakes? Thanks

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg
She was saying that they are being told that "they" are expecting another earthquake on the same scale of Friday with a probability of 70% within the next 48 hours

This may confirm my worst fears that another quake is coming because of the instability. I wish they would've said the source of where this info comes from. Actually there is another thread going on that's discussing a suspicious quake that could signify the beginning of the "next one."

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 13-3-2011 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Wouldn't surprise me, the Earthquakes have been quiet all day with mainly below 5 magnitudes hitting around Honshu Bay for the vast amount of time passing today. Occasionally a strong +5, but nothing like the +6/+7's of Friday and Saturday that were so consistent. Almost like it's building up to something again, and inevitably it will be doing.

NorthEast and infact around Tokyo haven't seen any activity outside one of the fault ruptures lateral to the main 9.0, I strongly suspect that if anything major was to go next, it will be something closer to the City in order of a +7 magnitude.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45

I clearly missed something here, who is predicting this next quake, and what science are they using to do so? Are they basing this on past quakes? Thanks

well my comment was in reply to the monopolly avatar guy post

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
It's been over 2 hours since the last quake, wonder what's up?

edit : 5.3 @ 6:22 EDT 18km

that's still a pretty big gap in time.
edit on 3/13/2011 by JackBauer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

hey I know you predicted this EQ on another thread

do you have any specific prediction for the one expected with in next 48-72 hours, I mean specific regarding magnitude, time and exact location?

It can really help people to evacuate specific areas and will also help rescue crews

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I found this link saying about other quakes, I don't know how reliable the Australian Seismological Center is though.
www.smh.com.au...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by lordvader

do you have any specific prediction for the one expected with in next 48-72 hours, I mean specific regarding magnitude, time and exact location?

It can really help people to evacuate specific areas and will also help rescue crews

did you read his post he is not predicting it someone else did and they have already warned the people there

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

Aparantly it is information that they are being told by "them: in Tokyo

as for the science, it's unknown, but was just said live on SKy News

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
so much for a break

NewEarthquake Earthquakes Tsunamis
5.3 earthquake, near the east coast of Honshu, Japan. Mar 14 7:20am at epicenter (21m ago, 120km ESE of Mito, depth 18k… j.mp...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Ok, thanks. I really hope this doesn't happen, but with all of the "aftershocks" any one of them could be a "foreshock". Its really horrible that another large quake is even a possibility, but being at the intersection of three plates, it's understandable. I've been busy so I haven't been able to keep up to speed as much as I would like, but thanks for answering my questions. I have some time now so I'll be able to research this more.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by lordvader

Originally posted by GullibleUnderlord
did you read his post he is not predicting it someone else did and they have already warned the people there

I think that lordvader was referring to this prediction link that JakiusFogg made

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

sorry versa just woke up ! just ignore me lol

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
they had another one they are starting up again

5.1 earthquake, off the east coast of Honshu, Japan. Mar 14 8:04am at epicenter (46m ago, 341km E of Iwaki, depth 32km). j.mp...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

i am asking for his opinion or if he has a prediction for this one.

Reason because on another thread he had predicted that there will an earthquake in japan and this thread was on before 11/03/2011

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by GullibleUnderlord
reply to post by Versa

sorry versa just woke up ! just ignore me lol

its easy to misread things any time and with so much activity on the forums regarding the EQ its impossible to keep a track of everything.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
2227: Radiation levels at Fukushima 1 nuclear plant have again topped legal limits, Kyodo News network says.
-_- Here we go again.

new topics

top topics

<< 231  232  233    235  236  237 >>

join