It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 233
<< 230  231  232    234  235  236 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by monica86

Dr. Busby is an anti-nuclear activist....

So? That doesn't mean he doesn't know what he's talking about...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
How similar are these aftershocks with the aftershocks of other quakes, such as the one off the coast of Sumatra and Chile. Also, are these small quakes around the US expected after this quake? (I'm assuming yes)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Versa

Originally posted by monica86

Dr. Busby is an anti-nuclear activist....

So? That doesn't mean he doesn't know what he's talking about...

I didn't mean to imply that
however, bbc doesn't give enough info on experts they consult

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

Also, I would be weary of talking heads with personal agendas. The Japanese of course have a huge stake in what happens here but so do all the pro and anti nuclear activists. Not saying they are incorrect or lying. I am just weary of personal agendas clouding the perceptions of even the highest intellectuals.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Sky news a mentioning food, water and fuel are starting to run out in places.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by premierepastimes
reply to post by Versa

Also, I would be weary of talking heads with personal agendas. The Japanese of course have a huge stake in what happens here but so do all the pro and anti nuclear activists. Not saying they are incorrect or lying. I am just weary of personal agendas clouding the perceptions of even the highest intellectuals.

Pretty much anyone that is able to give an educated view on the issue will be on one side of the fence or the other, your going to be hard pushed to find someone that is very knowledgeable about the subject that is completely unbiased.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

That's very true. That's why I give more credit to anti-nuclear experts who say there is nothing to worry about or pro-nuclear experts who say we should worry. If the person contradicts their own belief system then there must be a good reason.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
www.cbc.ca...

updated Japan quake death toll exceeds 10,000

i think we should give those whom have lost there lives the moment of silence

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Tokyo Overdue for major quake
news.bbc.co.uk...

Mount Fuji Overdue for an Eruption
news.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Here are some before and after images
www.abc.net.au...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

gotta remember this is a forum, if u wish to pray or have a moment of silence on your behalf, then do so in the privacy of your own room or home, it is sad people lost their lives, but in an ever changing world and an over growing population things need to happen.....

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
they say on cnn that if all of these cores meltdown bad news for the
westcoast of the united states . this situation is in its key point and we
will know in the next 12 to 24 hours what will happen

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by GullibleUnderlord

I think he looked more like a Carlos too.

Hasn't the MSM been saying we will now in the next 12 to 24 hours since the issues started, what is the difference this time?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I do not care if this gets deleted, I feel it is relevant. I started an event on Facebook and invited everybody I could but I just would like to have a moment of silence for our brothers and sisters in Japan. The event is scheduled for 12pm pst and 3pm est. (March 14th 2011) No need to jump on Facebook or anything. I would just love to see the people of the world bow our heads and send our thoughts/prayers/love to our brothers and sisters. Please join me.
edit on 13-3-2011 by premierepastimes because: date

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Found another update on twitter

@earthquakejapan Japan Earthquake
6.0 to 6.5 earthquake likely within 80 miles of Osaka and / or Sendai - March 17-18. More details later. www.quakeprediction.com...
28 minutes ago via web Favorite Retweet Reply

Residents in Osaka & Sendai better pay close attention to any foreshocks and if they can then at least for a few days move to higher ground.

Thanks

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by steve95988

You do not appear to have moderator status. Please refrain from attempting to mod this thread. Thank you.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Volcano eruption triggered on Kyushu island, 950 miles from epicenter of the Friday quake. Just saw it on CNN. More info below:

www.nydailynews.com...

www.latimes.com...
edit on 13-3-2011 by Topato because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
It has been erupting for two weeks!

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Japanese #quake could be most expensive in history #earthquake on.cnn.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
At this point, with all attention turned to Japan, watch mother Earth reclaim it and place it at the bottom of the sea, creating our own modern Atlantis.

I mean, it obviously won't happen, but everything lately is playing out like a movie.I'm amazed how quickly Japan has become a central focus in the media.
....and slightly worried as I see less and less coverage of the middle east.

Well, good luck to the Japanese, my friends over there are safe at the moment, but having trouble tracking down iodine capsules. One was saying where he's at in Tokyo isn't that bad off at the moment, except the reactor issues are causing him to lose some sleep at night.

new topics

top topics

<< 230  231  232    234  235  236 >>

join