It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 237
<< 234  235  236    238  239  240 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by GullibleUnderlord

There is also a volcano that just erupted, yeap yeap. Someone doesnt like Japan right now.

Russia did it, theyre still PO'd over that tiny, disputed little island.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Just to add FURTHER complications, its Spring Tides this coming week. And the Moon being the closest on March 19 that's only going to exacerbate the Tide further.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
aftershocks now starting to pick back up up from the 4. we could be on the way to the 7. expected starting now

5.0 earthquake, near the east coast of Honshu, Japan. Mar 14 9:22am at epicenter (17m ago, 77km E of Iwaki, depth 25km). j.mp...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

No just the one that I know of.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Screenshot of the ongoing Shinmoedake Eruption.

livedoor.2.blogimg.jp...

Webcam for Sakujarima

webcam-svo2.pr.kyoto-u.ac.jp...
edit on 13-3-2011 by RUDDD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by GullibleUnderlord
RT_com RT
RT's Ivor Bennett in Sendai:spent night in relief centre,packed with ppl.freezing cold,no food,fears of another 'quake mag.7 in next 3 days

Proof that international aid efforts are a sick joke. Quick to fleece people, in their own slow pace to help. The UN is a broken corrupt mess. Think about it, if the governments really tried as hard as they could, those people would have help there right now. Same story with many other disasters too.

Several countries should've been flying across Japan checking for safe landing zones within 24 hours.
edit on 13-3-2011 by Hitoshura because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Shinmoedake Volcano in Japan Erupts

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Hitoshura

i know and it is getting no better bad weather rain and snow on the way

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

I noticed that too on usgs

but not sure yet if its all building up to 7 + mag.

I am beginning to believe that the next one will triple plate junction as explained on this thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

but it might take a few more days to happen

Thanks

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
5 aftershocks within the last hour but all spread out with the 5.0 in the middle, I think thats odd

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
For all of the folks reaming posters for posting redundant info, GIVE IT A REST ALREADY! You guys take up more bandwidth than the original post since most of you copy and paste the entire offending post and then lecture them on it.
For criminy's sake, just scroll past it. Some of us can't afford the time to read every single post, so it is actually helpful to some extent.

I won't respond to anything you reply back so as not to call the kettle black, so here's your chance to show your maturity level. FLAME AWAY! got a real problem with that? Bring it in a PM.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
hmm volcanic ash and smoke from the refinery fires, sure do help to add a way for any radioactive particles to travel around now..that was what was keeping me from being greatly worried about the leaks, was the lack of any sort of plume to help carry the stuff around other than the steam from venting....

either way, they are sure getting more than a fair share of problems

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by GullibleUnderlord
i know and it is getting no better bad weather rain and snow on the way

They'll have to do something soon, because people across the world will start getting angry and putting pressure on them. They shouldn't have to though.

edit : before anyone says, I know countries are already doing things, but it's not enough. People shouldn't have to wait days when a proper system would see them helped within 24 hours. Yes it'd be hard work and complicated, but it could be done if they cared enough.
edit on 13-3-2011 by Hitoshura because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
supermarkets in tokyo empty people in panic mode where the hell is
all of the aid for these people ! ? so many nations helping but sure
isin't verifiable in the recent news , people freezing , starving , and
worse conditions with snow and rain on the way . but yet i hear americans are being flown out of there and are safe they being interviewed like wow glad i got out of there . heartbreaking !!!

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
As posted before, ongoing eruption LIVE here.

webcam-svo2.pr.kyoto-u.ac.jp...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
0105: A damaged nuclear power plant is still in an "alarming" state, Prime Minister Naoto Kan says.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Hitoshura

If you research the way international aid works, you will disturbingly find that the country being offered aid usually rejects the help, as the Japanese are doing now and we(US) did during Katrina. en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 13-3-2011 by premierepastimes because: more info

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I was watching CNN right now and they had an Anderson Cooper is on the ground and he said it was mag 6.2 aftershock....Nothing on USGS on any aftershocks of 6.2 as of yet...

link   
IT'S STARTING Preliminary: 6.0 earthquake, Near East Coast of Honshu, Japan. On 2011/03/14 01:02:39 UTC (9m ago, depth 10km). j.mp...

link   
0112: The new tremor was magnitude 6.2, according to Japanese monitors.
0110: Strong tremor felt in Tokyo - AFP.

top topics

<< 234  235  236    238  239  240 >>

join