It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
OMG....I live on the coast of Washington state. I will NOT be sleeping tonight.

The Tsunami Advisory continues in effect for the coastal areas of Alaska from Chignik Bay, Alaska to Attu, Alaska.

The Tsunami Watch continues in effect for the coastal areas of California, Oregon, Washington, British Columbia and Alaska from the California-Mexico border to Chignik Bay, Alaska.

A Tsunami Advisory means that a tsunami capable of producing strong currents or waves dangerous to persons in or very near the water is expected. Significant, widespread inundation is not expected for areas under an advisory. Currents may be hazardous to swimmers, boats, and coastal structures and may continue for several hours after the initial wave arrival.

A Tsunami Watch means that all coastal residents in the watch area should prepare for possible evacuation. A tsunami watch is issued to areas which will not be immediately impacted by the tsunami. Watch areas will either be upgraded to warning or advisory status, or canceled.

At 9:46 PM Pacific Standard Time on March 10, an earthquake with preliminary magnitude 8.8 occurred near the east coast of Honshu, Japan . (Refer to the United States Geological Survey for official earthquake parameters.) This earthquake has generated a tsunami which could cause damage to coastal regions in a warning or advisory. The waves are expected to first reach Shemya, Alaska at 12:13 AM AKST on March 11. Estimated tsunami arrival times and maps along with safety rules and other information can be found on the WCATWC web site.

Measurements of reports of tsunami activity:

TSUNAMI OBSERVED ON DEEP OCEAN BUOY
UPGRADED MAGNITUDE TO 8.8

Tsunamis can be dangerous waves that are not survivable. Wave heights are amplified by irregular shoreline and are difficult to forecast. Tsunamis often appear as a strong surge and may be preceded by a receding water level. Mariners in water deeper than 600 feet should not be affected by a tsunami. Wave heights will increase rapidly as water shallows. Tsunamis are a series of ocean waves which can be dangerous for several hours after the initial wave arrival. DO NOT return to evacuated areas until an all clear is given by local civil authorities.

Pacific coastal regions outside California, Oregon, Washington, British Columbia, and Alaska should refer to the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center messages for information on the event.

This message will be updated in 30 minutes or sooner if the situation warrants. The tsunami message will remain in effect until further notice. For further information stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio, your local TV or radio stations, or see the WCATWC web site.

Link to Standard Warning Message
Link to Public Warning Message
Link to XML/CAP Message
Link to Printable Message

SOURCE

Okay thank you!!!!!!!!!

Never mind, disregard my last post to you as far as my question to you.

I'll just refer to this post.

Stayyyyyyyyyyy safe!!!!!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by BadBoYeed
hawaii just had a 4.5

Source?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I live in NC. Just went outside...no weird noises and no crazy sky lights.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Active solar storm right now in case anyone is interested...

www.solarcycle24.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

link   
Several waves to hit hawaii 7:59 EST they say it is imminent. They are saying that people on the west coast AK, WA, CA should move to higher ground ASAP

link   
Yeah, my house on the Big Island just started shaking. No way was I feeling the Sympathetic vibration from Japan, right?

Interesting night, not in a good way.

link   
Snow here in Southwest Virginia... though we woke up to the sound of thunderstorms/lightning while it was snowing... I thought it was quite odd myself.

link   
Im in Los Angeles, and I'm getting a terrible feeling that something is wrong. Kind of an imminent danger feeling. Never felt like this before.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by R3KR
reply to post by Thrace

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Thanks

link   

Originally posted by Thrace

hawaii just had a 4.5

Source?

I'll personally source that. I just felt it.

link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
So...has anybody in this thread tried to link the upcoming March 15th pole shift with this earthquake yet?

I still don't give the date any credibility, but if the world starts breaking apart then, at least we can't yell at God for not giving us a warning sign.

Talk to Ben81, he might be able to tell you???

Sorry I can't be of anymore help here.

link   
reply to post by Alexander_Supertramp

ok good, maybe it just a weird coincidence

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by IamWatching

I checked the news before I left work, and nothing was going, on. It took me 40 mins to walk home and while I was walking I randomly got REALLY paranoid and kept looking over my shoulder and couldn't help this extremely bothersome feeling. I get home and see this. We are all connected people..

As for the sound you hear, I just stepped outside for a minute or 2 and didn't hear anything, my sky is tripping me out though.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by VariableConstant

Originally posted by Thrace

hawaii just had a 4.5

Source?

I'll personally source that. I just felt it.

I hope you guys are going to be ok... This is NOT a good situation!

I am very tired but I can't sleep knowing many people are in peril.

link   
Hawaii - 4.5
See Here

Wow... Between the 'pole shift' and the moon closer than ever before in a few days, and all the rest... It's getting harder to think of this as 'coincidence'...

HANG IN THERE PEOPLE AND THINK POSITIVE!!!

peace

link   
Just went outside here in Detroit, nothing but blowing snow here.

link   
I mean no offense to anyone, but sometimes weird feelings are simply weird feelings. Sometimes a particular tint of the sky is due to natural (and most likely local) circumstances involving pressure systems and storms, etc.

link   
reply to post by joshysway

I was sleeping and woke up at 3AM with a bad feeling, turned on the news and well... here we are

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Umm guys, I dunno if this matters but:

Flood Tracker: Heavy Rain in the Northeast, Big cities prepare for flooding:

www.weather.com...

We are about to have our own flood in the United States. Is this related.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join