It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

I hope your are right, because they did build that 'earthquake proof' expressway that was essentially on top of a single row of raised columns.

It did look like most of the newer structures did very well though from some of the pictures after the tsunami hit. I am still a bit worried after watching that power plant explode into a mushroom cloud, bothered me a bit.
edit on 11-3-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

link   
maybe its a type of earthquake light

link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

I live in Alabama. I went outside to see if I see any strange color. While I didn't see any strange hue to the sky, I do hear this bizarre, and I mean BIZARRE, high pitched noise. Kind of like when a television station goes off the air. I have never heard anything like it outside before, and at 3:00 a.m.??? Strange indeed!

link   
Maybe someone who is familiar with the predictions of the sto Zetas could back me up
but isn't this 8/10 of their predictions, with 7/10 being the sinking of indonesia, which has
and is happening. 9/10 being the shifting of the NM faultline.

Zeta Predictions

indonesia sinking

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
So it's really starting now, then?

There was a reason I posted this Haiku I made on my profile page in the beginning of 2010.

Comment from: lee anoma on: 21-3-2010 @ 06:36 AM

THE MARCH

Cherry Blossoms cringe
Japan stirs the giants foot
his stride quakes western

But it doesn't matter, though.
You were never really allowed to hear me anyway.
I also just can't stand "predictions".

The big show is about to begin...hold on to your hats.

- Lee
edit on 11-3-2011 by lee anoma because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Deja`Vu

Interestingly, here in Reno NV I noticed a purple hue to the sky.

But I didn't pay it any mind. weather tends to change the color of the sky.

link   

Originally posted by philosearcher
Reply to post by YourWrong

They just reported a few mins ago that when this happened before (last year?) Hawaii got waves a few inches high. Then he said "this will be much different" so I really don't know. I would think maybe a couple feet but I'm no expert. This earthquake was much worse though.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

i heard that also. but still does it just build up or deplete im just curious on how this works havent really tracked this before.

link   
The Moon is going to closer to the Earth than it ever has been since 18 years ago, on the 19th. The days around then may be a little tremorous. My prayers go out to those affected by this disaster.

link   
Its 4 am I am so tired, but I can't go to sleep as Im watching this. I know its gonna hit Hawaii ETA 3 hrs....Im scared..

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast

Originally posted by Antoniastar

So you guys need to take a look at this EQ map:

MAP

You will notice that two of those big aftershocks have migrated to right UNDER Tokyo!

Hi westcoast,

Thank you for bringing this before my attention!

How does that happen? Is that normal for shocks to migrate like that?

You have to keep in mind that the subducting plate involved here is 400 km long. They are saying to be alert for quakes anywhere along it...so I would say it is to be expected.....this is a huge disaster and the full affects wont be known for days. It is still happening.....

Thank you. Okay, I see what your saying. And alert for quakes along the subducting plate, right, got it. Thank goodness for people like you, thanks for being here in these scary times.

Yes it is a huge disaster, I agree with you.

Yep it's still happening. I was just saying to someone else that I have family on the West coast, my Mother is just about 3 miles from the ocean and my little sister and my niece aren't far from the ocean and my daughter is about 15 minutes from the ocean. Not all of them in the same city but all on the West coast.

Do you think the West coast will get hit badly by this one?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Japan is defenseless. If China were evil, this would be the best time to strike an invasion force. All major infrastructure, food, transportation, electricity, is down. How vulnerable.

Dude quit fear mongering. Everything you've posted on this thread have been great exaggerations or flat out lies. There is enough going on without you trying to make things worse.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Tsunami warning extended to Mainland US and Canada

Everything you've posted on this thread have been great exaggerations or flat out lies

I am listing scenarios and possibilities of what could happen. It is not a lie to predict something.
edit on 11-3-2011 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by IamWatching

Same thing in Missouri. I was getting out of my car after getting home from work and heard such a weird buzzing noise it creeped me out. I really made me feel uneasy.

My heart goes out to those affected.

link   
reply to post by IamWatching

I''m going to go outside and check that out.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

Wow. I am amazed by your complete lack of compassion and consideration of others. This is not a new movie premiere. This is not 'entertainment'.

i never said it was entertainment. but if this happens to a US state you know as we all do that its a whole different story.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

I just saw japanese tsunami video. It's amazing how the news understates damage. I didn't think it was physically possible for such large amounts of water and debris to overtake land so fast and so strong.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Based on how my head is feeling.....I think the worse is yet to come.

I have a bad headache and feel nauseated, however it could be from watching this unfold.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
hawaii just had a 4.5

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by windwaker

A tsunami travels at around 400 kph. You just can't outrun nor out drive that type of speed or force

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
did anyone hear "one nuclear plant may be having trouble" on al jazeera just now? I was doing something else so I cant be sure, but i couldve swore i heard that

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join