It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Also we had lots of rain coming down and then it started sleeting then snowing and lots of lighting and thunder all in about a half hour around 1200 am mountain standard time.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Catbone
reply to post by ANOMALY502

Guys, this is my first post here so hello all. Frankly, I am scared right now. I live on the East Coast but can't help but to think something is very, very wrong...

Welcome to ATS. You are in good company. All we can do is be calm and as strong as we can.
2nd line

link   
reply to post by silo13

This woman just reported it on NHK World:

NHK World Live Feed

link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Did you click play? It was working fine for me a couple of mins ago.

Live Feed BBC

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by windwaker

Thanks I'll try again - I tried NHK but it froze my computer.
Will see if I can find something on your new link.

peace

EDIT TO ADD: YOUR LINK DOES NOT WORK...

edit on 11-3-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

link   
I'm no geologist but it seems like this is directly connected to some quake activity in Hawaii following this quake in Japan.

MAP 2.8 2011/03/11 09:14:36 19.329 -154.970 11.0 HAWAII REGION, HAWAII
MAP 2.8 2011/03/11 09:10:26 19.355 -155.000 5.4 ISLAND OF HAWAII, HAWAII
MAP 2.5 2011/03/11 09:07:01 19.347 -154.989 0.1 HAWAII REGION, HAWAII
MAP 2.8 2011/03/11 09:05:23 19.373 -155.001 8.5 ISLAND OF HAWAII, HAWAII
MAP 3.3 2011/03/11 09:03:38 19.349 -154.950 31.4 HAWAII REGION, HAWAII
MAP 4.5 2011/03/11 08:58:26 19.330 -154.983 10.2 HAWAII REGION, HAWAII

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Strange days we are in. I really hope the damage is minimal in Japan. (as minimal as can be
)
edit on 11-3-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by VariableConstant

Get to high ground, if you can hear the sirens. be safe

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by borutp

That's all we need is a quake to wake up a volcano.

I don't think the world could take that much at one time.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by shagula

Not true. They just reported that they can't control the Fukushima power plant. "emergency situation". They can't use the generators used to cool down the reactor..

Watch live. I posted a link in a previous post.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Damn

We had the warning of the gravitiational trough created by the Comet Elenin, Earth, Sun alignment. (A similar event resulted in the 9.1 Chile earthquake last year).

We had the heads-up regarding the Moon reaching Perigee (aka the 'Super Moon'), and the potential earthquake warnings associated.

There were the predicitons of a 'big one' earthquake in Japan.

There so many more dots we can connect. This is going to be historic in its toll. Judging by the images and the widespread nature of the event, i'm fearing up to a million could be lost. Let's hope not.

I'm worried bout nuclear reactors hitting meltdown and mixing radioactive waste with tsunami waters....

The Pacific Tsunami could be nothing and could also be completely devastating. Damn - hard to believe this is actually happening.

link   
english.aljazeera.net...

Still up for me, been listening for the last hour or so no problems. Good information.

Just a quick update for people from Al Jazeera:

NO threat from nuclear facilities. They have fail safes specifically for earthquakes to shut down when they detect one. No threat of any radiation leak or otherwise at this time.

People are staying calm. Further earthquakes are statistically expected, not concrete

Japan has been preparing for an earthquake for a long time. The damage is extensive, and the death will unfortunately be great, but it will be manageable. Just stay strong yourselves and support others.

This is a major world history event unfolding before you. Take it in for what it is... an experience. Keep it civil, and hope for the best for now and the future.

link   
reply to post by windwaker

Not true. They just reported that they can't control the Fukushima power plant. "emergency situation". They can't use the generators used to cool down the reactor..

Can you give us a working link? I go to NHL and my computer freezes.

I'm hanging in there hoping you're someone if integrity, so, please, give us something that works.

peace

EDIT TO ADD:

Here is a link to info on the nuclear plant Windwalker is saying is compromised.

Windwalker - can you get those links to us please, again, I can't.
edit on 11-3-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by windwaker
reply to post by shagula

Watch live. I posted a link in a previous post.

Everything I am watching reports all facilities are fine.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by doyouremember
reply to post by Antoniastar

seriously though, TPTB have been sleight-of-handing our asses to us for ages now, i think of all the heartless bastards who are already scheming to make money off of this...on CNN it is posted regularly that the YEN has dropped signifciatnly since the earthquake happen

Well I'm sure not surprised!! Yep ain't that right!!! The PTB have been playin this card for a long long time.They are heartless for sure. Youuuu KNOW them whiners are rakin in the dough on this. There's no way they're not. I don't believe it for a nano-second. They've been making money from wars for ages, so why not earthquakes too?

I know ha! I saw that news about the Yen dropping since the EQ happened. Coincidence? I think not! Of course, TPTB are pro-game players, youuuuuuuu know they know that the Yen is gonna drop at a time like this. C'mon.

Edit to say: I do believe this Japan EQ is the result of Cosmic activity, most definitely. However, I also think that TPTB are capitolizing on it, they're opportunists. AND they base much of their ritualistic muckery on and around astronomical cycles.
edit on 11-3-2011 by Antoniastar because: cuz I wanted to elaborate my thoughts a litte.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by MindSpin
This may be the most sad TV I have seen...right up there with 9/11.

I feel so bad for the people stuck in cars...driving not even knowing what is coming...or those that tried to get out and run

Thoughts and prayers is all I can say.

This is gonna be 1000x worse than 9/11 & 7/7 combined. Japan alone, all of the population is hemmed into tiny population centers

If Marshall Islands gets hit thats 69'000 people that will die alone.

I hope the devastation caused is mainly just to the infrastructure & the people catch a lucky break

link   
reply to post by Deja`Vu

Probably moon..

www.bharatchronicle.com...

Read the last quote..... they really dont have a clue.

link   
reply to post by silo13

BBC Live Feed

Al Jazeera English Live Feed (Click Play)

edit on 11-3-2011 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Thrace

Load the NHK world link I posted earlier.

www.news10.net...

edit on 11-3-2011 by windwaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
nuke plant meltdown would not be good. hope its not true

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I've been watching NHK World Live here: wwitv.com...

The woman reported that the Fukushima power plant is having an "emergency" where generators to cool the core are "inoperable."

She just said the 5 nuclear plants in the northeast have shut down and have no leaks or anything.

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join