It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Aisling

People at a TV station in Tokyo were saying that the main quake lasted for five minutes.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
...with tsunami reports for hawaii and california.. wow.. massmedia said the tsunami will hit around 7:30-8:00am PST in california...

link   
reply to post by RSF77

Under their tinfoil hats, some people are just either stupid or sick.

We're watching the outcome of a serious NATURAL disaster - which sadly happen all the time.

One good thing, at least there appears to have been little physical damage from the quake itself - Japan is most seismicly active place in the world, and they build in expectation of major quakes. Sadly, there's no way to prepare for a tsunami of this magnitude though.

link   

Originally posted by Brainiac
AND the United States can't help, no money...

Oh dont you worry. The big wigs will just print more money and add more to the debt. Further ruining our childrens future.

link   
Wow. I've been watching... I'm pretty much speechless at the moment, due to way too many thoughts running through my head at incomprehensible speeds. Horrendous would be an enormous understatement for this tragedy unfolding in front of our eyes. The only thing I can muster up is, I'm incredibly thankful that Japan is one of the most "prepared/resilient" countries in the entire world, when it comes to both quakes and tsunamis. That will minimize what would have normally been an indeterminable amount of damage and/or casualties. My blessings go out to everybody. Be strong.

Cheers,
Strype

link   
reply to post by Antoniastar

seriously though, TPTB have been sleight-of-handing our asses to us for ages now, i think of all the heartless bastards who are already scheming to make money off of this...on CNN it is posted regularly that the YEN has dropped signifciatnly since the earthquake happen

link   
This live footage is breaking my heart.

link   
Japan is defenseless. If China were evil, this would be the best time to strike an invasion force. All major infrastructure, food, transportation, electricity, is down. How vulnerable.

link   
tsunami travel times

twitpic.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I predicted this 6 days ago. i have proof on another forum i can take a screen shot of if anyone wants to see...but i saw this coming.

link   
It is so unreal to watch this, I hope the west coast doesn't get hit as bad. How many Major earthquakes have there been lately?

link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Only thing China will be doing is offer aid and rescue teams.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Deja`Vu

I kid you not I'm seeing a different type of sky too. I'm also in GA and it is almost crimson outside.

link   
reply to post by YourWrong

Originally posted by YourWrong
how much does the tsunami deplete as it moves across the ocean. is it worth staying up to see if anything happens to Hawaii? or they just going to get rough waves and some flooding. anyone with actual knowledge.

Wow. I am amazed by your complete lack of compassion and consideration of others. This is not a new movie premiere. This is not 'entertainment'.

It says the estimated earliest arrival in Hawaii of the first tsunami wave is 2:59 a.m. local time time Friday (7:59 a.m. ET).

"A tsunami has been generated that could cause damage along the coastlines of all islands in the state of Hawaii," the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center's bulletin said. "Urgent action should be taken to protect lives and property."

A tsunami watch was also issued for the coasts of Oregon, Washington and California as well as parts of Alaska, The Oregonian newspaper reported. The paper said any wave which reached the coast could hit just before 7:30 a.m. local time Friday.

The warning also includes Australia, New Zealand, Mexico and Central and South America. The coast of North America is not included in the warning.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

link   
I'm watching NHK world Live and now they are broadcasting government tsunami warning audio while showing footage. It's really spooky. I feel like I'm in an "end of the world" movie.

The voices are so official and spooky. List after list of coasts that need to be evacuated. I can't take it.

link   
This is so surreal I can't sleep now.

And for all of you who are shouting. HAARP....well don't you think that it's time for some Haarp protest instead of just getting conspiracy knee-jerked?

link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Don't give them any ideas.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
I can't wrap my mind around what I'm seeing here...

CNN Japan Earthquake video

I just can't fathom it...

peace and prayers to all

Edit to Add: Thrace - I see what you mean. It's just... I've no words for it...
edit on 11-3-2011 by silo13 because: comment on above post

That looks like something out of a movie

Good Lord Almighty...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
"Everyone near the coast MUST evacuate to higher ground." - Japan government announcer voice.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

I have noticed it over the last few nights, its like a glowing red color behind the clouds. I haven't noticed it before.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join